We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Pre-paid Visa Gift Card?

Hey! I have a question. I want to buy VIP membership with a prepaid Visa Gift card I received for my birthday this year. Is that possible, or will there be suspicious/fraudlike things coming through with it. I do not believe my name and address are on the card, but I am not sure (people don't say this when they give you a birthday gift).

Any help? Anyone who's done similar transactions?

First, you may have to call the number or visit the website on the back of your pre-paid card and associate the card with a billing address. Once you do that, you should be able to add the card to your payment account through the in-game store. From there, you can enroll in a VIP subscription plan. If you still have trouble, game time cards can be purchased from the LOTRO Market, which uses a slightly different billing system and tends to be more friendly with pre-paid cards. Hope that helps!
    I do try to respond to PMs, but if you need immediate assistance please refer to the links below!
    ---
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, visit help.standingstonegames.com
    Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO

Maitimo, I have used a pre-paid VISA gift card to buy a one-month VIP with no issues (no address link or other confirmations were required), but was not able to set up a recurring subscription with it (it didn't have that much cash value and was not 'rechargeable'). That was several months ago, and there have been changes since that time, so an ongoing sub might be possible now, but a one-shot, one month sub was no issue.

Thank you guys so much! You were really helpful! <3