We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Did you adjust the new frills draw distance ?

I would like to know if you adjusted the new frills draw distance in this patch. You didn't give any info about what you really did with the new frills but the only issue I had was the draw distance was way to short. Making the new frills look terrible at a distance. Even setting the draw distance on ultra high did not help as they just did not render far enough away. They rendered so far and just stopped making a very clear transition from the new frills to the old landscape. Making them look very fake and unreal. Even though I thought what I could see of them was nice and I liked them. I thought the old areas looked way better with them. But that draw distance needed to be adjusted really bad. So here is hoping you fixed that part of the new frills.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    I would like to know if you adjusted the new frills draw distance in this patch. You didn't give any info about what you really did with the new frills but the only issue I had was the draw distance was way to short. Making the new frills look terrible at a distance. Even setting the draw distance on ultra high did not help as they just did not render far enough away. They rendered so far and just stopped making a very clear transition from the new frills to the old landscape. Making them look very fake and unreal. Even though I thought what I could see of them was nice and I liked them. I thought the old areas looked way better with them. But that draw distance needed to be adjusted really bad. So here is hoping you fixed that part of the new frills.
    I would be cautious about wishing for extended frill drawing distance - that feature already has an out of proportion impact on client performance.
    Ogmios ~ Davidge ~ Eriuwen ~ Kainoa ~ Braidfoot

I set my on ultra high and didn't see any difference in fps. If they just changed the draw distance on very high and ultra high would be just fine. They could leave the rest alone for those that might have an issue with it.

What they really need to do is make sure that the frills are the same average color as the unfrilled ground, so there isn't such a noticeable effect when they fade into view. They've done this in most places, but there are exceptions.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jul 18 2016 at 02:55 PM.

Evidence that developers sometimes should not listen to community... Now all together looks awful. Okay. they have fixed some things, such as flying UFO rocks and trees that grow on the bridges (and add new, like trees growing out of the pool in Evendim). The ground in most of Eriador now looks like a plucked chicken. Now it would be best to remove all new frills. Esteldin, for example, was nice with all the vegetation and the bushes ... after the hotfix looks worse than ever.
    Slow Draw distance is no longer so visible simply because the frill density is greatly reduced...

On the other hand, Fangorn looks great. Could this not just be as simple as when you have limited viewing distance, like in a forest, the frills just kind work better, than in great plains?
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

Quote Originally Posted by Marcho_Brandybuck View Post
    ... they have fixed some things, such as flying UFO rocks and trees that grow on the bridges (and add new, like trees growing out of the pool in Evendim)...
    Exept there are several tree species in real life that grow inside water bodies like beach shores, lakes, ponds, rivers, swamps & marshes: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ares&FORM=IGRE