We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The map looks good, but seriously who thought this was important????

A huge waste of time on something that was simple and anyone with common sense could already understand. Why waste manpower on doing this when there are so many other things in the game that should have had higher priority?

DrOctothorpe is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderv View Post
    MAp of Moria is placed on top of Mirkwood and Anduin Vales. Does it mean that we won't go that way? (( I'd like to visit Carrock and woodsmen and beorning settlements... Then would go to Erebor...
    Not at all! If future adventures wander under the Moria inset, we'll move it.

Updates to the pet and mount collections is something we would like to do. We've heard a healthy number requests for some way to track trait points and are keeping our eyes out for the best way, place, and time to provide that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post

Updates to the pet and mount collections is something we would like to do. We've heard a healthy number requests for some way to track trait points and are keeping our eyes out for the best way, place, and time to provide that.
    Hopefully the Western Rohan trait points will also be moved around a bit too. That place has become where completionist enthusiasm goes to die.

Agree with Hurin. Some west rohan quests are just... horrible. Add in a class that has issues to begin with, like Beorning, and you've hit your brick wall.

Thumbs up

I sincerely hope that someday, future adventures wander under the Moria inset. I really will love to explore Gladden flields at full & meet the elves of Northern Mirkwood.

I think that since there is a whole panel dedicated to traits, the "Compilation of trait points resources" should be added as a new tap inside this panel.

Will we ever get PvP armour and class balancing too?

I think whomever completed this project did an admirable job, I just don't know that it was a project worth doing. The map looks very nice, especially how it highlights the undeveloped areas of Middle-earth. That said, there are many class balance issues that need to be addressed. I checked out the new tab and found I had already discovered all 164 locations. I'm sure there are many players who had already done the same, as well. Whatever amount of time and money that went into this project added about 2 seconds to my LOTRO experience. I am a completionist, so if you want to add things like this to appease completionist players, try balancing the classes so I can work on my PvP deeds and new raid deeds on my hunter, which nobody wants for either aspect of the game.

We've heard a healthy number requests for some way to track trait points and are keeping our eyes out for the best way, place, and time to provide that.
    This is a difficult one.
    Trait Points are a surprisingly complex issue. (One wonders how many of the Pay to Win folks have more than 50 of the 82 trait points available?)

It will require a unique something for each class, as Trait Points are acquired with a slightly diffrence for each class.

We cover 4 of the differences in classes on the WIKI (I don't play sword and board classes, and nobody who does has decided to help out on the WIKI.)

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Class_Trait_Point
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

I would personally like to see
    1. Pets collection updated
    2. Steed collection updated
    3. A trait point collection
    4. a revamp of the deeds to be more like the collections windows
    5. Eventually added to the travel collections Hunter and Warden Ports

Thats just me. But I agree with the masses, we reallyt need some class love

First of all, I can't believe how rude some users are to the devs because the update doesn't address exactly what they want. Daaang son, just chill. This was clearly not thrown together yesterday and is a project that has probably been in the works for some time. If you're so concerned regarding PVP and class balancing, why are you playing lotro for that? I mean, seriously. Adore this game, but the stand-still, point and click kind of combat is seriously weak for PVP. If this is where you find your PVP glory, it makes me happy to know that I could definitely wreck you in literally any other game. Insert Flex Emote.

Anyway I do agree that I would love to see deeds incorporated into collections in some way. It would be fab to be able to track them that way instead of in the deed log, which I feel like for me at least might resemble the insane journal of a psychopathic conspiracy theorist living in the woods in Montana. Somehow there's a page just devoted to cutting out eyeballs from magazines in mine...

One thing I would love to also see incorporated into the collections tab in the future would be a kill list. Something I really enjoy about other games which do their own collections, is being able to have a visual list of what needs to be done. I'm reminded of jumping puzzles in another game. And I think it would be awesome to have a list of every single roving threat, warband, rare elite, named, signature, arch nemesis, 'holy #### what is THAT' kind of mob that makes you panic when you're under level, out there in the world. Even the ones which spawn so infrequently it's ridiculous. It would be nice to give myself a hit list like I'm Arya Stark, and also see who all I've destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    The majority of the map is 2 MC. The new areas are 5 MC.
    Yes, thanks. MT already cost 1 MC from Bree, so no point in using the map. Also, is MC only. At least, the ability to use the map with gold could be a VIP or Store perk.

--------------------

Forced grouping and PvP into collections? NO thanks. Would you like forced RP?

By the way, @devs: The purpose of a "collection" (in games, not RL) is to be completable by everyone. It is a huge mistake to add things that cannot be gotten in game anymore. For example, pre-order items. The same principle is for exclusive things that cost hundreds of dollars, take years to get or only are done by a small portion of the playerbase.

I know some games don't respect this principle and have banalized their collections, with hundreds of cloned items (like Swtor).

If your idea is to give LotRO players more incentives to play the game, spend money and "completing", keep LotRO collections classy.
    Please ignore my ridiculous running animation.

I like the map addition. Thanks Turbine devs! Sometimes I don't know where to go to connect to the place I need to get to so this is useful info for me. The last time I checked no one is forcing us to actually use the map to travel. For those people who want to spend MC to do so I say why not? More money for Turbine=more expansions=more fun!

[QUOTE=DrOctothorpe;7635691]Not at all! If future adventures wander under the Moria inset, we'll move it.

Hope so. It would be nice to see Vales of Anduin connected with Lothlorien via Gladden Fields - motherland of Hobbits (and Gollum) and also the place where ring was found...

This stable-master map still should have more functions, if nothing else, at least some deed with title as reward after discovering all stable locations. Something like: Stable master or Lord of the Stables.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    I was disappointed to find out that there were no deeds attached to this collection.... I had expected to receive a bunch of titles, for instance when you completed eriador, or moria, or all of the rohans, etc... and perhaps one for discovering every one! I was at 163/164 on my main, so I set forth and went to Angmar, to the Rift area to find the stablemaster in Iorelen's Camp.... thinking there MUST be some sort of deed.... Not for completing everything perse (otherwise the deed would need to be adjusted every time new content is released) but I would expect some deeds for completing everything, or parts of everything

...but... nothing. Nothing at all. Just the satisfaction of completion I guess....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Cool Creep Stable-Masters Collections

It seems there is bug in Stable-Masters Collections Panel - you can use 5 mithril on creep side to go visit with your creep some of PvE maps (for a few sec only)!

On the other hand it would be great if creeps could visit PvE land :-)
    Sralethin (mighty hunter R11), Sraleth (mighty captain R11), Burovran (mighty warden R9)
    Mlatimir (mighty reaver R7), Sralerat (mighty defiler R7), Sralerath (mighty BA R6), Vrtirepka (mighty warg R5) & rest of not so mighty alts :-)
    Member of Keepers of Silmarils on the Laurelin server

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Srale View Post
    It seems there is bug in Stable-Masters Collections Panel - you can use 5 mithril on creep side to go visit with your creep some of PvE maps (for a few sec only)!

No, it wouldn't! :P
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Srale View Post

I guess the bug is allowing you to access the collections panel at all. The "stable-master's map" link should not be visible on the map for creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhunter78 View Post
    It is a pretty map. Just missing the Ettenmoors, or I am missing it.
    Since Ettens is VIP only (essentially), they probably just skipped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    The shills come marching in.
    A shame people can't disagree with someone's POV without calling names.

DrO! Good to see you still here.

I truly hope we can see more done to the other collections or future collections. Ideally things with less of a pricetag. For mounts, I would love for every mount in the game to be added, and any obsolete mounts brought back.

Tracking trait points is a great idea. Frankly, if something can be tracked, I'd love it to be in the collections.

A revamped cosmetic system using a collection panel (for items that are strictly cosmetic only) would be really cool, especially if it doubled as an interactive "on-the-go" wardrobe. If you get a cosmetic, you can "consume" it to add it to your collections. Having it be an account-wide collection would be hugely preferable, because the current wardrobe is account wide and there simply are soooo many cosmetics it seems unfair to ask us to collect them over and over and over. And then of course if we don't "consume" the cosmetic, or if we get a second, that still leaves the ability for players to share them with friends and kinmates as they do now. It can free up storage space for players, without hampering their ability to share.

/endbegging

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    I would personally like to see
    1. Pets collection updated
    2. Steed collection updated
    3. A trait point collection
    4. a revamp of the deeds to be more like the collections windows
    5. Eventually added to the travel collections Hunter and Warden Ports

Thats just me. But I agree with the masses, we reallyt need some class love
    Yes, and the other ports (reputation based, as well as racial) too!

(Racial requires the Beorning port to be added to the LOTRO store, as the other 4 already are.)
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by raychmo View Post
    First of all, I can't believe how rude some users are to the devs because the update doesn't address exactly what they want. Daaang son, just chill. This was clearly not thrown together yesterday and is a project that has probably been in the works for some time. If you're so concerned regarding PVP and class balancing, why are you playing lotro for that? I mean, seriously. Adore this game, but the stand-still, point and click kind of combat is seriously weak for PVP. If this is where you find your PVP glory, it makes me happy to know that I could definitely wreck you in literally any other game. Insert Flex Emote.

Anyway I do agree that I would love to see deeds incorporated into collections in some way. It would be fab to be able to track them that way instead of in the deed log, which I feel like for me at least might resemble the insane journal of a psychopathic conspiracy theorist living in the woods in Montana. Somehow there's a page just devoted to cutting out eyeballs from magazines in mine...

One thing I would love to also see incorporated into the collections tab in the future would be a kill list. Something I really enjoy about other games which do their own collections, is being able to have a visual list of what needs to be done. I'm reminded of jumping puzzles in another game. And I think it would be awesome to have a list of every single roving threat, warband, rare elite, named, signature, arch nemesis, 'holy #### what is THAT' kind of mob that makes you panic when you're under level, out there in the world. Even the ones which spawn so infrequently it's ridiculous. It would be nice to give myself a hit list like I'm Arya Stark, and also see who all I've destroyed.
    Love that idea
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by raychmo View Post
    You sound like one of those players who try to turn with WASD and do like 2-3k damage to opponent before you die then go yell on the world how game is terrible for PvP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2