We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hilt of Earendil's Drop Rate.

Why is the Hilt of Earendil's drop rate is too low for might classes?

At the begining of the U18 i run about 90-100 run SST2C. And I saw at least 15-16 will and 7-8 agility but only i see just one might hilt. So that i want to ask you this.. Why the drop rate of the might hilt so rare?
    Last edited by decgard; Aug 11 2016 at 08:23 PM.

Wow! You are lucky! I've ran around 70 t2c runs and never seen one drop! So in my opinion all outputs are rare! lol

Quote Originally Posted by decgard View Post

At the begining of the U18 i run about 90-100 run SST2C. And I saw at least 15-16 will and 7-8 agility but only i see just one might hilt. So that i want to ask you this.. Why the drop rate of the might hilt so rare?
    The drop rate of the Might Hilt is no lower than any other. Mathematically you've just had bad luck. Others have run dozens and dozens of runs and had nothing but might drop. Instead of making the logical decision and making Hilts barterable with Morgul Crests, they decided to make it RNG drop, and (even worse) make them class-specific and un-barterable. Same kind of garbage we still have to deal with in Osgiliath jewelry.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

This seems similar to like when your solo questing in an area and never see your class 3rd age drop. Diminished returns drives me crazy. A decent system in the 1st age of LotRO.
    'Ú-damdir.' Welcome to the Fourth Age of this World - The game breaking days.
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West." <- This was even messed up too.

I few like there should be a law of nature about this already.

When you're looking for a specific object in any MMO, the item will not drop. However, when you are NOT looking for the item, hundreds will drop"

":P
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

I probably ran about 30 SS T2 HM runs and never ever saw one single drop. You just have to be lucky. But I agree, the drop rate is very low.
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by decgard View Post

At the begining of the U18 i run about 90-100 run SST2C.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruceninde View Post
    I've ran around 70 t2c runs and never seen one drop!
    Quote Originally Posted by Findun View Post
    I probably ran about 30 SS T2 HM runs
    Well I think you all answered this question quite well yourselves.....

If you run the content like this then the developers have done their job. Would you have done them many runs
    if there was nothing to do it for?
    There is always a fine line between finite resources and being able to keep folks playing. With you guys they
    hit the Jackpot.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

I haven't seen a might hilt drop once so far as well. I wish the hilts could be bartered for crests and were gated behind SS t2c completion. Smth like 100 crests per hilt.
    As to "what would people do with free time?" - I would skip pve altogether and only pvp if I could obtain normal gear in the Moors without having to run these boring pve instances over and over again.

http://pogonina.com
    I'm not a fraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Otdanon View Post
    I haven't seen a might hilt drop once so far as well. I wish the hilts could be bartered for crests and were gated behind SS t2c completion. Smth like 100 crests per hilt.
    As to "what would people do with free time?" - I would skip pve altogether and only pvp if I could obtain normal gear in the Moors without having to run these boring pve instances over and over again.
    100% agreed

I've yet to get the will hilt I'm after. I'm sure I've done over a 100 SS T2C runs by now. I've seen a total of 5 hilts drop.

I like the idea of being able to purchase a hilt with crests as long as that character has completed the instance on T2C.

Im against barter option, some things should be rare in this game even if its unfair RNG. It took me about 40 runs for might hilt and like 30+ for will. Still searching for the third. Some things should be super rare unfair to get as of BiS, thats of SoA way and I like it (also I dont like the idea of doing it first time and barter hilt straight away). And yes I know what the luck means in this... I lost one roll to guy running as a filler for his first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercho View Post
    I've yet to get the will hilt I'm after. I'm sure I've done over a 100 SS T2C runs by now. I've seen a total of 5 hilts drop.

I like the idea of being able to purchase a hilt with crests as long as that character has completed the instance on T2C.
    You can see it in instances tab, just divide boss kills by 4. Well that is if you havent done scummy first boss farming...

I can't believe you saw this many hilts drop in 100 runs. You are saying you saw 23 hilts plus or minus drop in 90 to 100 runs. My god this is un believable. That is a hilt every four runs. I'm seeing hilts 1 every 20 runs.

I do think they need put the hilt in a box that allows us if we win the box to select the hilt we want from it. Add or vitality one to the mix.

But what I'd really like to see is tokens in the challenge chest. Hilt tokens account bound, one for each person and 20 tokens you can go to MT and buy the hilt of your choice.

I know I've run this dang instance a couple hundred times and people I run with have gotten 3 -4 even 5 hilts. Me no.

Put it in a box that allows us to chose the hilt we want. Add a vitality one to the mix and up the drop rate or leave the drop rate but add a garunteed token for everyone that can be turned in for a hilt on getting 20 or even 25 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Im against barter option, some things should be rare in this game even if its unfair RNG. It took me about 40 runs for might hilt and like 30+ for will. Still searching for the third. Some things should be super rare unfair to get as of BiS, thats of SoA way and I like it (also I dont like the idea of doing it first time and barter hilt straight away). And yes I know what the luck means in this... I lost one roll to guy running as a filler for his first time.

You can see it in instances tab, just divide boss kills by 4. Well that is if you havent done scummy first boss farming...
    I think part of the complaint is that the pocket is far and away the best pocket in game, so you will experience a significant stat nerf without it.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    I think part of the complaint is that the pocket is far and away the best pocket in game, so you will experience a significant stat nerf without it.
    I wouldn't say far and away best pocket. Raid pocket has 336 points less mastery and depending on the class either 190 less morale (tanks) or 108 more morale (others). What it really needs is pick-a-item-box to choose hilt of your liking. And if we are really honest RT pocket vs Hilt, there is barely difference to overall DPS.

Sounds like someone already has their hilt(s). This keep it rare talk always seems to come from people that already have what ever it is they want to keep rare.

The old, "I have mine and I like being special and I will not be special if other people have it too.!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    This keep it rare talk always seems to come from people that already have what ever it is they want to keep rare.

The old, "I have mine and I like being special and I will not be special if other people have it too.!"
    I feel this way about my old Chicken Chaser title tbh, from years ago before they fixed Hobnanigans . Wish they had retired the old titles and gonewith new ones for the revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    Sounds like someone already has their hilt(s). This keep it rare talk always seems to come from people that already have what ever it is they want to keep rare.

Not really, not all my characters that I "absolutely want" it have it yet. It's just matter of keep it like it was originally and in this case content is not obsolete so no reason to nerf it, but I'm still in favour of giving box where you choose hilt so everyone in the group can roll for it, not just specific class. In some cases rare RNG is in place.

Not really, not all my characters that I "absolutely want" it have it yet. It's just matter of keep it like it was originally and in this case content is not obsolete so no reason to nerf it, but I'm still in favour of giving box where you choose hilt so everyone in the group can roll for it, not just specific class. In some cases rare RNG is in place.
    That's really a bit like wanting to have your cake and eat it.

Now, if it's truly super rare, unfair, rng based earning potential only, that you want . . . it should be rng based, bind to char, no choice.

Me personally, I prefer to work for reward and get reward for work, not this roll a dice rubbish, and I think barter is the way forward. It's not like it isn't earned that way, people have to complete the run on t2c, so nothing is being given away.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Here's an idea to make instance drops rare at first, but eventually obtainable for people with horrible luck.

When an instance is first released, all items can only be obtained from drops. Barter tokens are earned from doing the instance, but the vendor that accepts the tokens is not placed in the game yet.

One month after the instance is released, a vendor is added that allows you to buy most, or all, of the items that can drop from that instance. The prices for these items will be relatively high at first.

Three months after the instance is released, all items are available for purchase from the vendor and the prices are decreased.

Barter prices would be reduced further periodically as the instance gets older.

Mooooooom... they are going to give the Hilt of Eärnil to everyone!

~100 runs... this people lost their mind. With this dev-players combo, no surprise if any aspect of the game is becoming a mindless grind fest.
    ---------------
    For those who are still wondering, the raid/fellowship should be the top of a chain of complex quests; the raid should be divided, taking days. The 6-man instance: 1 run = 1 token = 1 piece

/edit

Those who want to keep certain items "very rare" should not ask for RNG drops, which benefits grinders (what a convenience ). Instead of RNG drops, each instance should have a one time completion BIS reward. Player will have to choose which item they want.
    Last edited by Laerien; Aug 14 2016 at 11:56 PM.
    Please ignore my ridiculous running animation.

The mentality of players has changed. Now everyone has to have everything and at once. Instead of relaxing, just grind, grind, grind.. grind to the death.
    After all, this is the old school way to loot.
    In the past I never had (like many others): Ril-Mir, lv 65 first age sword, Watcher shoulder token, Saruman clasp, etc, etc... Some things just need to be a rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcho_Brandybuck View Post
    The mentality of players has changed. Now everyone has to have everything and at once. Instead of relaxing, just grind, grind, grind.. grind to the death.
    After all, this is the old school way to loot.
    In the past I never had (like many others): Ril-Mir, lv 65 first age sword, Watcher shoulder token, Saruman clasp, etc, etc... Some things just need to be a rarity.
    And you are perfectly right: I remember Shadows of Angmar - a Kinnie LM did 108 runs for the famous LM staff from Barad Gularan, etc etc ...

RNG is RNG - you don't get a 1 million Lotto win each week either, don't you?

And now something to make you really envious: I did a SS run last week (my first one finished with challenge ) - and there dropped 2 hilts! :P

I've done at least ~50 SS challenges, and I've yet to see a Might hilt drop. You can blame the luck or RNG, doesn't matter. What matters is the system is broken. I actually gave up on the hilt grind like 2 months ago, cause it was just depressing. First to find a group which didn't have 3-4 Might classes wanting the hilt, and then secondly getting it to drop.

@people trying to defend this random system, it's obvious you have the hilt, be it may through sheer luck or an abundance of time on your hands to just grind and grind. Well, not everyone has those luxuries, and those 2 types of luxuries should not dictate who gets the hilt or not. After all, everyone doing the challenge is putting same amount of effort for that particular run and not seeing it even drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Araphorn View Post
    I've done at least ~50 SS challenges, and I've yet to see a Might hilt drop. You can blame the luck or RNG, doesn't matter. What matters is the system is broken. I actually gave up on the hilt grind like 2 months ago, cause it was just depressing. First to find a group which didn't have 3-4 Might classes wanting the hilt, and then secondly getting it to drop.

@people trying to defend this random system, it's obvious you have the hilt, be it may through sheer luck or an abundance of time on your hands to just grind and grind. Well, not everyone has those luxuries, and those 2 types of luxuries should not dictate who gets the hilt or not. After all, everyone doing the challenge is putting same amount of effort for that particular run and not seeing it even drop.
    I haven't done the challenge yet, came close on one occasion but failed the challenge because dps was too low on side bosses. I'm only interested in doing it once for the deed. I don't mind reasonable grind when there is something at the end of it, but the drop rate on this RNG based pocket item is the reason I choose not to bother with it. I can manage without it. If it were barter, I'd probably push for it, but my time on later t2c's (Osg, Pelennor and eventually the raid) can be very limited, and I'd rather not waste what time I do have for them on chasing maybes.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

My sentiments exactly. It seems our kin are not doing many SST2C as I have done 2 with them once on hunter and once on LM. so far all I managed was some relics. as it is my gear(Armour) is hybrid of osgilliath moors and DA essence. Not perfect for either scenario but works well enough. I am busy with my 3 level cap characters now running MT dailies for scrolls of empowerment to max their LI legacies. I have been busy for 1 month and have managed to get both the hunter and LM to level 59 so all scroll now go to the RK but I still have to imbuie his bag, done his stone and have 1 of 7 legacies to 59. I foresee it taking me another 3 weeks to get his LI's finished. I don't like giving Turbine more cash than my VIP sub but today i bought turbine points so I can max the DPS legacy an all of their weapons with crystals. If i had to wait for the crystals to drop I would be waiting till doomsday.
    Freep Loben:Hunter:(R14)130 Izuru:RK:(R5)130 Masakana:LM:(R5)130 Umdlali:Mini:(R5)130 Inkosi:Champ:68 Ukaputeni:Cappy:(R0)55 Umsizi:Warden:49 Isela:Burg:(R6)130 Umlondolozi:Guard:31 Boscovar:Hobbit Mini 29 Dwani RK:21 Irno Burg:16
    Creep Eish:BA:R7 Silentpaw:Warg:R5 Inyanga:Def:R3 Umgomo:Reaver:R2 Mpara:WL:R2 Isicabucabu:Spider:R3