We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
    We don't need to be in a constant state of festivity. Many of us are sick of the constant festivals and encores. Please give us a break so we can enjoy the game, questing, and RPing again.
    Owner - Laurelin RP Group Discord server - https://discord.me/laurelinrp

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    There is a mixup on the calendar, and the Farmer's Faire is officially underway as of 10:00 AM Eastern today! The event runs through September 10th, turning off on Monday, September 11th at 3:00 AM Eastern. I will update the main calendar shortly.
    ow less than a day!
    thats a new one :P
    you propably mean from 10th of September till 1st of October
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    ow less than a day!
    thats a new one :P
    you propably mean from 10th of September till 1st of October
    No, I think it is as he states. It starts today, and runs from today, all the way through the 10th of September (server time) and turns off at 3am on the 11th of September (server time).
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekGirl View Post
    We don't need to be in a constant state of festivity. Many of us are sick of the constant festivals and encores. Please give us a break so we can enjoy the game, questing, and RPing again.
    I rarely have time to devote to any Festival activity these days but I appreciate the increased opportunity to do Festival content if I do so desire. The Festivals being 'on' doesn't stop anybody from their standard questing and RP'ing.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    I rarely have time to devote to any Festival activity these days but I appreciate the increased opportunity to do Festival content if I do so desire. The Festivals being 'on' doesn't stop anybody from their standard questing and RP'ing.
    It might have people you group with running all their alts through the festival dailies, again and again. With the new level increase it has me thinking "do I have enough essence reclamation scrolls to handle the raft of mini gear/essence updates on the horizon?" A couple of festivals a year used to be enough but the last year's been rough on resources.

Seems like half the year has some event on.

Mac

Thanks for correcting it so quickly. Is the VIP sale not on tho? If u don't want festivals , don't do them. Tho understand ur difficulty. I like festivalsm but am new.

This should really go under announcements.
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan. Electronic Gaming since 1980.

I wonder if there will be a Farmers Faire encore? Will it be scheduled later or will there be none? I need to know to be able to plan my activities for the remaining time of the festival. Not sure I understand why some festivals have encores while others don't. So little time, so much to do...

Quote Originally Posted by random_player_897469 View Post
    I wonder if there will be a Farmers Faire encore? Will it be scheduled later or will there be none? I need to know to be able to plan my activities for the remaining time of the festival. Not sure I understand why some festivals have encores while others don't. So little time, so much to do...
    I dont know for the rationale for sure, but Farmer's Faire isn't a full "festival;" it's like a mini-festival. A 'fair,' if you will. That could account for why it's treated a bit differently.

Quote Originally Posted by random_player_897469 View Post
    Hmm. I don't know that we've ever had an encore for the Farmer's Faire.

So... might want to get everything you want before this one ends.

Why in the world is there no title for the Golden Egg deed?

I have found 2 in the 6 years this has been in the festival - I want to brag in game please !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekGirl View Post
    You can still enjoy playing the game. If you cannot then you have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
    I dont know for the rationale for sure, but Farmer's Faire isn't a full "festival;" it's like a mini-festival. A 'fair,' if you will. That could account for why it's treated a bit differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxFire View Post
    Hmm. I don't know that we've ever had an encore for the Farmer's Faire.

So... might want to get everything you want before this one ends.
    Thank you both for the replies. That makes sense, even though it is not the answer I hoped for

Conflicting dates for The Tale of the Shipwrecked Mariner

The Events calendar still shows:
    Tale of the Shipwrecked Mariner 9/15/18@10am 9/20/18@3am
    or in simple Beaconese that would be "will run from September 15th through the 19th"

The LOTRO Beacon #77 issued today states:

• The Tale of the Shipwrecked Mariner will run from September 15th through the 17th!

One of them is surely correct. Confirmation please

As the next issue of the Beacon will not arrive before the 20th, you might also want to check that it will confirm that Bilbo's Birthday will be as shown on the Calendar (runs from 20th through 25th):
    Bilbo's Birthday 9/20/18@10am 9/26/18@3am
    Thanks
    Fatefoot Overdown BRG - Dhinli GRD - Balanir CPT - Garafryn HNT - Palbo MNS - Gilgilieth CHN

The Beacon now correctly states "The Tale of the Shipwrecked Mariner will run from September 15th through the 19th!" so that's been answered, indirectly.

I like the unstated unexpected extra day we sometimes get at the end of a festival. Great for those people who just can't seem to realize it's the last day of the festival!

The extra day thrown in helps for those people. Not me of course.

I'm sorry to say that we're delaying the start of the Harvestmath Festival by a day or so in order for us to get out a necessary patch. We'll extend the festival on the other side to account for it, and will have more info shortly.

Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Define "shortly". I may have to add it to the definition of "soon" in my signature.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Me at 3am on the last day of every festival.

:-P

I'm sorry to say that we're delaying the start of the Harvestmath Festival by a day or so in order for us to get out a necessary patch. We'll extend the festival on the other side to account for it, and will have more info shortly.

Thanks for the heads up! /pat the nice dwarf

PS: Keep it up with theses humour videos, good 1! o7
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/

The Events Schedule has been updated through the end of the year.
    coolcool

The Events Schedule has been updated through the end of the year.
    What's the Durin's Day event?

"Fall" Festival and another Beacon error...

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan_ View Post
    Event: Start Time: End Time:
    Fall Festival 10/17/18@10am 11/7/18@3am
    LOTRO Beacon Issue 82 is showing an incorrect end date:
    • Enjoy the Fall Festival now through Novemeber [sic] 7th!

This should read:
    • Enjoy the Fall Festival now through November 6th!

And PLEASE can we stop using a term which Tolkien himself would have had a fit over. The use of the word "Fall" is peculiarly American and, as we all know, Tolkien detested what happened to much of the language (and many other things) in the New World. His term would be "Autumn" or one of the many variants used in game such as "Harvestmath" or "Harvest".

I doubt any of the races would have used "Fall" at least not in such an abbreviated form as opposed to some Sindarin expression meaning "The time of falling leaves"

However, if you cite a reference to Tolkien's work in the next few days, I will happily stand corrected and will double my intended donation to support the SSG team
    Fatefoot Overdown BRG - Dhinli GRD - Balanir CPT - Garafryn HNT - Palbo MNS - Gilgilieth CHN

error : to be deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fatefoot View Post
    LOTRO Beacon Issue 82 is showing an incorrect end date:
    • Enjoy the Fall Festival now through Novemeber [sic] 7th!

This should read:
    • Enjoy the Fall Festival now through November 6th!

And PLEASE can we stop using a term which Tolkien himself would have had a fit over. The use of the word "Fall" is peculiarly American and, as we all know, Tolkien detested what happened to much of the language (and many other things) in the New World. His term would be "Autumn" or one of the many variants used in game such as "Harvestmath" or "Harvest".

I doubt any of the races would have used "Fall" at least not in such an abbreviated form as opposed to some Sindarin expression meaning "The time of falling leaves"

However, if you cite a reference to Tolkien's work in the next few days, I will happily stand corrected and will double my intended donation to support the SSG team
    You are right, this should be labeled Harvestmath Festival. Fall Festival is an internal development name for it, and unfortunately got mixed into the live description both externally and in-game.
    coolcool

You are right, this should be labeled Harvestmath Festival. Fall Festival is an internal development name for it, and unfortunately got mixed into the live description both externally and in-game.
    I would like to see the fall festival tokens in game renamed to harvest festival tokens.

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast