We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    Spring Festival Extended.

I have but one word... Awesommmmme!

Quote Originally Posted by MacApple View Post
    Annifest: April 24th, as every year:
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/LOT...ry_Celebration

But schedule update would be coolcool, yes.^^
    Yes we know it's the 24th, but as I'm sure you knew before you posted that it's not just one day!

But now we have it thanks to Cordovan -
    Anniversary! 4/20/17@10am 5/9/17@3am
    Fatefoot Overdown BRG - Dhinli GRD - Balanir CPT - Garafryn HNT - Palbo MNS - Gilgilieth CHN

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I've now updated the Events schedule to denote MOST of the events happening over the next month. I've also put in expected days for our regular recurring events, like Hobnanigans and seasonal festivals, through the end of the year. However, there will still be a ton of other bonus events that aren't yet on the calendar, and will be updated as we get closer to the time in question.

ALSO: There's a specific 10th Anniversary-related event that is not yet on the calendar...
    Thanks Cordovan - swift and sure service with a smile

And thanks for all the other dates looking ahead to the end of SSG's first year - now all we need is an .ics file to make us really lazy and import into our calendars :P
    Fatefoot Overdown BRG - Dhinli GRD - Balanir CPT - Garafryn HNT - Palbo MNS - Gilgilieth CHN

Where is the calendar located? When I click on the link above this post, it takes me to a blank calendar.
    Been kicking around since 2008... Better days...:)

Quote Originally Posted by abrahamL View Post
    Where is the calendar located? When I click on the link above this post, it takes me to a blank calendar.
    Read the original post.

Thanks for the update!

nice so i can now see when seemingly will come the expansion,but more importantly the high elves.

Thank you Mr Cordovan. Ever so nice of you to provide us with the entire year's worth of festival dates. Looking forward to the 10th Anniversary!

Oh My God,

I came here to see if there was a new event schedule and got so excited when I saw it was updated, and it was scheduled for the rest of the year! Then after I could control my excitement started to see what events were planned. My dissapointment was huge when I saw there was only one VIP event for the rest of the year and we are still 9 months away from New year! no lootbox, mark acquisition, treasure or welcome back weekend! instead we have weeks and weeks of hobnanigans, which to me seems less popular than raiding (and thats saying something!). There was a guy asking for people to play on right field on hobnanigans for almost 3 hours... on ARKENSTONE!

I hope this list only has the fixed events since they already know the dates, but we need more than hobnanigans, way more, something different, kicking chickens seems to not only not be my thing, but not the thing of most of the player base that leaves those fields emptier than my wallet on Dec 26th.

Heh,nice so schedule for fests etc released,now just to wait for high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    Oh My God,

I came here to see if there was a new event schedule and got so excited when I saw it was updated, and it was scheduled for the rest of the year! Then after I could control my excitement started to see what events were planned. My dissapointment was huge when I saw there was only one VIP event for the rest of the year and we are still 9 months away from New year! no lootbox, mark acquisition, treasure or welcome back weekend! instead we have weeks and weeks of hobnanigans, which to me seems less popular than raiding (and thats saying something!). There was a guy asking for people to play on right field on hobnanigans for almost 3 hours... on ARKENSTONE!

I hope this list only has the fixed events since they already know the dates, but we need more than hobnanigans, way more, something different, kicking chickens seems to not only not be my thing, but not the thing of most of the player base that leaves those fields emptier than my wallet on Dec 26th.
    Panic over Cenifh... Cordovan stated in this very thread that he updated the core festivals (which was super nice because we are used to getting only a few months of info at best) and not the ones that repeat (ie the ones you are asking about), and he'll update that when he can

10 days to go till the Anniversary festival starts, hoping for that main page update and info on the special event mentioned somewhere above. I go away and come back 2 days into the festival start, would hate to miss something big.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

Quote Originally Posted by Ranatuor_Erutron View Post
    Panic over Cenifh... Cordovan stated in this very thread that he updated the core festivals (which was super nice because we are used to getting only a few months of info at best) and not the ones that repeat (ie the ones you are asking about), and he'll update that when he can

10 days to go till the Anniversary festival starts, hoping for that main page update and info on the special event mentioned somewhere above. I go away and come back 2 days into the festival start, would hate to miss something big.
    Yeah, most of our events are penned in within a month or so of them happening, so the calendar is only detailed by week within a month or so of now. When I get new event lists from the folks who put them together, I will update the calendar.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

13. Apr 13 2017, 05:35 PM

Treasure Hunts?!?

I did not see any Treasure Hunts on the list. Just lots of Hobnanigans. Does this mean there will be no more buried treasures?

Wow...completely underwhelmed with 10 year anniversary "gifts"

Title says it all... I expected a bit more from a 10 year anniversary, especially for those of us that have stuck with the game since beta. Hopefully there's more to it than the splash page indicates but that seems doubtful now.

And before the bashing starts about them not having to give anything to anyone I just want to point out that if they want people to resub to VIP, nothing about the anniversary seems enticing enough to do so for those that would be on the fence.

I would like to have the ending date of the 10th Anniversary confirmed. Not including the 10th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt (which is a separate, but overlapping event with the Anniversary).

I'm asking for this confirmation because:
    • Within this Event Schedule topic, Message #1, the Anniversary's end date states "5/9/17@3am".
    • Lotro-wiki's article says the Anniversary ends on May 8th, 2017 while citing SSG as the source. This source page does indeed state "May 8th".
    • And finally, somewhere or other (which I cannot locate now), there was another (official?) article that stated the end date was May 10th.

I could understand if two consecutive days were stated - you end up in the confusion associated with the change of day - we see that all the time now with other Events where players think an event ends the next day (24 hrs later than posted). But we've got three consecutive dates, so either of two sets might be correct, and whichever two are correct will affect a player's own personal plans for participating in the Anniversary.

So, again, can you please confirm the ending date for the 10th Anniversary? TYVM.

Quote Originally Posted by AccessDenied View Post
    I would like to have the ending date of the 10th Anniversary confirmed. Not including the 10th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt (which is a separate, but overlapping event with the Anniversary).

I'm asking for this confirmation because:
    • Within this Event Schedule topic, Message #1, the Anniversary's end date states "5/9/17@3am".
    • Lotro-wiki's article says the Anniversary ends on May 8th, 2017 while citing SSG as the source. This source page does indeed state "May 8th".
    • And finally, somewhere or other (which I cannot locate now), there was another (official?) article that stated the end date was May 10th.

I could understand if two consecutive days were stated - you end up in the confusion associated with the change of day - we see that all the time now with other Events where players think an event ends the next day (24 hrs later than posted). But we've got three consecutive dates, so either of two sets might be correct, and whichever two are correct will affect a player's own personal plans for participating in the Anniversary.

So, again, can you please confirm the ending date for the 10th Anniversary? TYVM.
    Not an official comment, but your first 2 bullets are completely in agreement with each other and are advertised exactly as we've come to expect.

Note that bullet #2's source just gives an end date (no time) stating "through May 8th". "through" a stated date has come to mean "active all day server time on the advertised date and ending during the normal daily server reset which occurs at 3am the next morning." Therefore, "through May 8th" completely agrees with Cordovan's post that states the Anniversary end time is "5/9/17@3am" server time.

I think you can comfortably rely on the Anniversary event being up for the entire day of May 8th server time. It should shut off on May 9th at 3am during the normal daily server reset. If there's a third official source that states May 10th in any way, then that would be a conflict. I personally have not seen such a source, but if it's out there then it definitely needs to be corrected by SSG.

As I've done for many years now, I continue to suggest that players finish a full day early just in case. I personally will be finished no later than May 7th and will use May 8th as a bonus day if the event is still up and running.

I'm wondering about the exact end date of the anniversary event, too.

Date from the Lotro Schedule:

Date from the Beacon #10 (English version):
    This is the final weekend for the Anniversary Festival! The event runs through May 8th.

Date from the Beacon #10 (German version):
    Das letzte Wochenende des Jubiläumsfests steht an! Das Event endet am 7. Mai.

It would be nice to have the exact date confirmed before the last weekend.

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    I'm wondering about the exact end date of the anniversary event, too.

Date from the Lotro Schedule:

Date from the Beacon #10 (English version):
    This is the final weekend for the Anniversary Festival! The event runs through May 8th.

Date from the Beacon #10 (German version):
    Das letzte Wochenende des Jubiläumsfests steht an! Das Event endet am 7. Mai.

It would be nice to have the exact date confirmed before the last weekend.
    Given that the event was still running when I checked early today, the 8th of May, Central time US, the date listed in the opening post and in the English version of the Beacon are correct. It should end tonight at midnight, Pacific time US (UTC -7).
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Thumbs up

Awesome Cordovan to post this Thread/list.

As some of us do have alot of real life responsibilities, kids, work, school whatever it is nice to be able to plan to some degree.

Any chance of info ahead of the weekends boost as well ??? I mean like Loot Box Drop increase weekend, +crafting XP weekend etc ???

Maybe You guys do not plan those that far ahead and if so I understand.

Again Thank You for this list !!! The anniversary was held to exactly these dates and times so that was great and no confusion there. Although some rumors in-game started spreading on the 8th but thatr was just some that had not read this list and assumed it was going to end on the reset between 7th and 8th and they did scare some (me included) but You guys totally held this schedule here and ended it on the reset between 8th and 9th (3 am on the 9th, servertime) as posted. *clap* *clap* Well done !!!
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Hi Cordovan.

I was wondering if you might consider creating a shared Google Calendar with the event schedule. Here is more information. https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37083?hl=en

Basically you would create a Google calendar with the game events and make it publicly available. Anyone could subscribe to this calendar and have those events show up on their own calendars (assuming they've selected to display the 'Lotro Events Calendar' on their own calendar, which can be ticked on and off as desired).

If this can't be officially done, then perhaps someone who is committed enough to ensure it's always up to date could make such a calendar to share with others here. I'd do it myself but I don't always stay up to speed on the latest event schedule. Ideally of course would be for someone on the Lotro team to maintain such an updated publicly accessible calendar.

Events schedule updated.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Thank you for the update Cordovan!

PS: can you change:
    Lootbox Weekend 6/22/17@10am 6/26/17@3am

to...

Key Drop Weekend 6/22/17@10am 6/26/17@3am?

What happened to the Double Bonus Points? It used to be in rotation too. Is that going to return?
    'Ú-damdir.' Welcome to the Fourth Age of this World - The game breaking days.
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West." <- This was even messed up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skoch View Post
    Thank you for the update Cordovan!

PS: can you change:
    Lootbox Weekend

to...

Key Drop Weekend
    Nooooooooooooooo! I still have more keys than I know what to do with. I got a ton back when we got them all with our boxes when the new map deeds were created. And I still get a key about 50% of the time I open a lootbox. The past couple weeks I have finally gotten some lootboxes to use them on. More loot boxes please!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarpPro View Post
    Nooooooooooooooo! I still have more keys than I know what to do with. I got a ton back when we got them all with our boxes when the new map deeds were created. And I still get a key about 50% of the time I open a lootbox. The past couple weeks I have finally gotten some lootboxes to use them on. More loot boxes please!
    Um..
    Send them to me lol I've gotten 48 lootboxes since they upped the drop rate during the festival - it's been insane. Key prices now sit at 40g+ in Landy AH, not sure why u have more keys than lootboxes at this current stage in landscape RNG...
    Not a single key has dropped for any of my toons since they changed the rate (which is supposed to have gone back to pre-festival levels, although I just got 3 lootboxes today when simply questing in Wildemore).

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast