We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cruel Odds deed?

I need to complete it to complete class deeds tier 3. Did I miss something? Cause websites say it is available at level 10 and I am 25 and Still do not have the deed in my log.

Perhaps you still have yet to achieve a Critical hit with a Crit chain skill?

Ie. Devastating Strikes, Gambler's Advantage? Flashing Blades and Exposed Throat might also work, but believe I completed that deed prior to unlocking those skills.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneChaos View Post
    Perhaps you still have yet to achieve a Critical hit with a Crit chain skill?

Ie. Devastating Strikes, Gambler's Advantage? Flashing Blades and Exposed Throat might also work, but believe I completed that deed prior to unlocking those skills.
    How do I do that? Sorry I am a noob?

Side question, does LOTRO have quick travel? I know I have a stone to set at a home spot and can always travel that way but is there a way to quick travel as well to major towns like Bree, etc? Or is the Home stone only quick travel option.

Thank you for the response and help btw.

Critical response skills are skills that are made available for you to use when you successfully crit an enemy with a skill or attack. Likely the only skill you have that does that is Doubled-Edged Strikes (I first said Devastating Strikes, that was my mistake). You need to get critical hits with Doubled-Edged Strike in order to progress the deed.

To progress is faster, equip items that increase your crit rating, fate, and agility (as fate and agility will increase your crit rating) to raise your critical hit chance, giving you better chance of Critting with Double Edged, while also giving you more opportunities to use the skill. Spam it whenever its available, as it also contributes to much of your damage.

Also if you are going the Quiet Knife specialization, once you get 5+ trait points you can increase your crit chance by 5% with Deft Strikes (requires a total of 10 trait points to reach the full bonus.)

There are not a lot of quick-travels available to F2p, but the most notable are between starting areas: you can swift travel between Bree, Thorin's Hall, Michel Delving, and Celondim for 99 copper or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by InfidelHxC View Post
    Side question, does LOTRO have quick travel? I know I have a stone to set at a home spot and can always travel that way but is there a way to quick travel as well to major towns like Bree, etc? Or is the Home stone only quick travel option.
    Yes, there is some quick travel. You get one race based travel skill by doing a deed - men get return to Bree skill, for example, by killing a lot of wargs but have to be at least lvl 29. Other races can barter for a return to Bree skill - http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Return_to_Bree. Similar return to skills can be bartered in other places or bought in the store - http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Travel_Skills

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneChaos View Post
    Critical response skills are skills that are made available for you to use when you successfully crit an enemy with a skill or attack. Likely the only skill you have that does that is Doubled-Edged Strikes (I first said Devastating Strikes, that was my mistake). You need to get critical hits with Doubled-Edged Strike in order to progress the deed.

To progress is faster, equip items that increase your crit rating, fate, and agility (as fate and agility will increase your crit rating) to raise your critical hit chance, giving you better chance of Critting with Double Edged, while also giving you more opportunities to use the skill. Spam it whenever its available, as it also contributes to much of your damage.

Also if you are going the Quiet Knife specialization, once you get 5+ trait points you can increase your crit chance by 5% with Deft Strikes (requires a total of 10 trait points to reach the full bonus.)

There are not a lot of quick-travels available to F2p, but the most notable are between starting areas: you can swift travel between Bree, Thorin's Hall, Michel Delving, and Celondim for 99 copper or something like that.
    I dont even have double edged strike yet.....Did i miss something? level 27 now.

I dont even have double edged strike yet.....Did i miss something? level 27 now.
    Yes, looks like you missed something. You should get it at lvl 4. http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Burglar Check your skills list from the character panel, probably needs dragging to your skill bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Yes, looks like you missed something. You should get it at lvl 4. http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Burglar Check your skills list from the character panel, probably needs dragging to your skill bar.
    Thanks! I found it but it wont let me use it? Is this a combo skill or something? New to LOTRO sorry! ty a lot for the help tho much appreciated.

Thanks! I found it but it wont let me use it? Is this a combo skill or something? New to LOTRO sorry! ty a lot for the help tho much appreciated.
    As the skill description indicates, you need to achieve a critical hit with another skill in order to use it.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!