We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Burglar Gear - Please Help

Hi all,

I'm new to burglar and currently confused about which set to equip. I can put my hands on 4 piece T1 Raid gear, 4 piece from the dailys or 3 piece from the pelennnor instances.

I plan to generally play a yellow burglar in raids. Currently doing PvE though to finish epic stories n such.

please help.
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Findun View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new to burglar and currently confused about which set to equip. I can put my hands on 4 piece T1 Raid gear, 4 piece from the dailys or 3 piece from the pelennnor instances.

I plan to generally play a yellow burglar in raids. Currently doing PvE though to finish epic stories n such.

please help.
    4 Pelennor + 2 T1 Raid would be the way to go imo. The featured instance armour is horrible bonus wise, as is the T1 raid armour 4-set.
    The Pelennor 4-set bonus is just too good to not use it, even in yellow line (of course only if you trait deep into red also).
    So better work on your 4th Pelennor piece
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Thanks. But I do not have the hilt right now. Working on that, too.

Thank you again.
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    The featured instance armour is horrible bonus wise
    the featured instance 4-set bonus is actually nice, if you play your burglar in redline.
    the position bonus from stealth get applied if you use feint attack. so you actually get a nice damagebonus for surprisestrike.
    sure, it would be cooler if skills that are already strong for dps and not just for burst get a bonus... and sure, the pelennor 4set is much better, especially if its positively bugged, allowing all ticks of CA to crit...
    but the FI 4-set bonus is not horrible. it does not only work from stealth, it works with feint attack, too.
    (on a scale from 1-10 its a 3 imo, not a 1)
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Findun View Post
    Thanks. But I do not have the hilt right now. Working on that, too.

Thank you again.
    The Hilt bubble is rather useless, I think I activated it exactly one time - to test if it works

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    the featured instance 4-set bonus is actually nice, if you play your burglar in redline.
    the position bonus from stealth get applied if you use feint attack. so you actually get a nice damagebonus for surprisestrike.
    sure, it would be cooler if skills that are already strong for dps and not just for burst get a bonus... and sure, the pelennor 4set is much better, especially if its positively bugged, allowing all ticks of CA to crit...
    but the FI 4-set bonus is not horrible. it does not only work from stealth, it works with feint attack, too.
    (on a scale from 1-10 its a 3 imo, not a 1)
    The damage bonus isn't enough to make Surprise Strike worthwhile in my opinion. 40% isn't as much as it sounds. Also Surpise Strike's animation from stealth is sooo slow.
    A 3/10 is still 'horrible' in my book
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin

The Pel armour 4-piece bonus has become immensely more powerful now that Aim can be used every 20 seconds if fully traited. I can't imagine why anyone with access to four pieces wouldn't use them for red builds (or blue builds that go deep enough into red to fully trait Aim).

Your question was about raids, though.

In Throne T1, I don't find yellow line useful outside of the boss fights. The gauntlets between bosses are zergs, so no need for yellow line's higher single-target dps marks (Reveal Weakness / Snag / Enrage), debuffing tricks, or Riddle-locks. Also, with champs blowing their horns and LMs flinging stuns/mezzes around, Riddle is easily overriden. If you really want to use cc in the gauntlets, go blue and Provoke+Gambler's Strike to immobilize something. I do that to lock down trolls, for example.

I am hoping that gauntlets on T2 will require more cc mechanics; but even if so, Provoke+Gambler's Strike will likely be better than Riddle, since it can be applied to more targets, lasts longer, and (with proper attention) can be sustained even when the mob is being dps'd. Of course, even in blue, you can still Riddle; you just don't have the shorter cooldown.
    Vikky (115 LM) * Iaggo (115 Burg) * Samsgarde (115 Captain) * Samsgaard (85 Guard, retired) * and others

Is it worth to get the BB jewellery 3-set for 10% crit chance and 50%crit multiplier?

Commander Liliam - the Warden
    Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Vilda View Post
    Is it worth to get the BB jewellery 3-set for 10% crit chance and 50%crit multiplier?
    not really due to nowhere mentioned internal cooldowns.
    if it was available as lvl105 supreme set, then it should be a good choice.
    with lvl100, too much lost stats.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Average DPS is roughly the same compared to raid jewellery. I wouldn't grind BBs for it, especially as it will surely be obsolete when slightly better jewellery as the current one is implemented.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin

10. Nov 08 2016, 06:56 AM

this has cooldown too? how much?

Average DPS is roughly the same compared to raid jewellery. I wouldn't grind BBs for it, especially as it will surely be obsolete when slightly better jewellery as the current one is implemented.
    By raid jewellery, do you mean from t2 with 3 sockets? And if i have no access to it? (i already got 2 of the set, so i suppose it is worth).

thx

Commander Liliam - the Warden
    Evernight

30 seconds from triggering. So it's up for max 1/3 of the time.

By raid jewellery, do you mean from t2 with 3 sockets? And if i have no access to it? (i already got 2 of the set, so i suppose it is worth).

thx
    If you don't have access to the T2 stuff, I'd go with the BB-set.
    I think I was parsing with the 3 slot jewellery to compare. I couldn't find significant differences in average dps in like 20 parses each or something like that. But this is still a rather small sample size... someone could probably calculate the exact numbers, but I'm honestly too lazy to try that.
    Edit: I think I tested this before the recent burg buffs. If I remember correctly Cunning Attack ticks don't profit from the +50% crit multiplier and the +10% crit chance doesn't really impact it with a 20sec cooldown dev Aim. With the massive impact of Cunning Attack on our dps since the update, favor could have shifted quite a bit towards raw mastery - ergo essence jewellery.
    Last edited by dwarfThar; Nov 08 2016 at 01:17 PM.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin

dont know really.
    but i remember reading in a thread that it has an uptime of roughly 30%. if it had no internal cooldown, it should be active nearly always as you make much more than 10 hits within 10 seconds, so you should have a proc around each lets say 6-7 seconds in average, leading to nearly 100% uptime. so if those 30% uptime i remember having read somewhere (dont know where, but thats the reason i dont use it (plus my burg being my last capped toon)), the internal cooldown should be around 15-20 seconds after buff running out.

...too slow :P
    30 seconds from triggering. So it's up for max 1/3 of the time.

Seeing that you want to use yellow in raids.

you need the 4 piece osg set
    2 piece give you 2riddles / and 4 give you an additional 5 seconds trick bonus,

this is espesialy helpfull in the Mamuk fight where you need to apply 2x disable on the mamuks etc.

the rest for t2 raid is morale / finesse as you will not be dpsing.

for DPS 4 Piece Pelenor + 2 Piece t1 raid.

65 Hunter : Ewinder, 65 Burglar : Ewie

Quote Originally Posted by Ewie View Post
    Seeing that you want to use yellow in raids.

you need the 4 piece osg set
    2 piece give you 2riddles / and 4 give you an additional 5 seconds trick bonus,
    that is a bit of simplification, 4 set bonus is by far best in game for burglars, but with 39 sec on tricks and constantly refreshing them you can keep 2 up almost all the time, sometimes have two when trickster is back up, and 4 pices of sloted armour will give you more morale, 50k is quite usefull on Rak/Mamuks, and i suggest t1 yellow set from raid for that for corruption removal bonus (must have for Unbroken)

on Vodokar and Gotmong 20k is better, on Vodokar you get only morale dmg that is % based, more you have, more dmg you get and you are harder to heal, on Gothmog you wont get much dmg and you want to add as much dps as you can for this 20 min dps race, its better to use 4 pices of pelenor instance set if you dont have 4 pices of t2 yellow set from raid

on Nazguls and Unbroken 40k buffed is nice, lots of % based morale dmg, so you dont want to much, but you get other dmg as well

Mate i can't see an internal cd. Usually the buff pop in my buff bar every 20 seconds. The duration is 10 so evey 10 seconds i have +50 crit magn and +10% crit chance. Is very very very very good buff, expecially if you use dev aim while it's active. I'll never put this set in my bank, i love it and after tons of try my DPS is more and more high with it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifareth View Post
    Mate i can't see an internal cd. Usually the buff pop in my buff bar every 20 seconds. The duration is 10 so evey 10 seconds i have +50 crit magn and +10% crit chance. Is very very very very good buff, expecially if you use dev aim while it's active. I'll never put this set in my bank, i love it and after tons of try my DPS is more and more high with it on.
    What you've written here ironically is exactly what an internal cd is. If it did not have an internal cd it would be up nearly all the time. The set used to (and likely still does) have a 30 second cd, so a maximum uptime of 10 sec/30 sec or 20 seconds per minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    What you've written here ironically is exactly what an internal cd is. If it did not have an internal cd it would be up nearly all the time. The set used to (and likely still does) have a 30 second cd, so a maximum uptime of 10 sec/30 sec or 20 seconds per minute.
    Tested it, you are right, 30 sec cd before next proc. Thanks for info, shoud renew my build <3