We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Update 19.1 Release Notes

Here are the Release Notes for Update 19.1, released on Wednesday, November 9th.

News and Notes:

Classes

• The Beorning Gear has been added to vendors in Echad Sirion in Mirkwood.
    • The Guardian's Mounted Combat - Clash of Arms now properly states that it decreases the attack speed of its target.

Deeds

• The Deed progress bar for quests in the Cape of Belfalas now progresses correctly.
    • Quests of Greater North Ithilien no longer require the Far Anorien quest pack.

Housing

• Premium Housing Upkeep has been re-enabled for non-VIP owners and leaders. Upkeep can no longer be incorrectly paid for a VIPs premium house.
    • Premium kinship houses will no longer have carpets that become invisible.
    • Vendors now have a proper discount for home owners in the Cape of Belfalas, and the housing furnisher now offers new items for sale.
    • Fixed a typo in the premium housing tutorial tip.

Items

• Flora - Incomparable Jewellery is now available at the Herbalist. This is a level 246 item with 3 sockets.
    • North Ithilien Flora - New cosmetic cloaks are available from the Herbalist. Their appearances are based on the cloaks given in Volume 4, Book 7 of the Epic, and come in hooded and hoodless versions.
    • Skirmish Raids now drop level 105 gear at item level 234.
    • Helegrod now drops level 105 gear at item level 234.

PvMP

• Creeps:
      • Mastery Corruption values have been increased by 12.5%.
      • Mitigation Corruption values have been increased by 30%.
      • Critical Defence Corruption values have been increased by 15%.
      • Resistance Corruption values have been increased by 10%.
      • Critical Rating Corruption values have been increased by 10%.
      • Damage and Healing values have been increased by roughly 15%.
      • Max Morale base values have been slightly increased.

Quests and other Adventure Areas

• The Reclamation of Talath Anor instance will no longer break if one of the riders is defeated.
    • The Cape of Belfalas - Roving Threats quest will no longer try to bestow in the housing area.
    • Great River - Parth Celebrant - Frightening the Steeds: Horses you shoo away will no longer begin to teleport instead of running.
    • North Ithilien - Thurindath - Ungol Weavers and Broodlings will no longer become stuck in anti-exploit mode while wandering the cave.
    • North Ithilien - Warbands now award a spoils box that can contain additional phials of various extracts in addition to their normal contents.
    • North Ithilien - One Massive Problem - The quest is now more specific about what is needed for the final objective.
    • Endewaith - The Lost Hunter - Umfre no longer runs into a tree.
    • The Featured Instance: Fornost - Wraith of Water no longer has FIXME text.
    • You can no longer enter the High Archives from (After-battle) Osgiliath.
    • Routing the Lurkers in Minas Tirith (After-battle) - Morgul Lurkers can now be targeted.
    • The daily quest limit of four quests per day has been removed in Minas Tirith (After-battle).
    • Various label fixes have been done on the North Ithilien map.
    • Characters can now fish in North Ithilien.
    • Forlong and Aragorn now have some touching final words with each other.
    • North and South Ithilien are now connected by the Crossroads. Note that content in North Ithilien takes place after the Battle of Pelennor Fields, so it is recommended that players complete Volume IV Book 6 before adventuring there.

Skills

• Bleeds from different Wardens now stack with each other.
    • The Lore Master's Wind-lore now increases your target's incoming damage instead of reducing it.

Miscellaneous

• References to "Force Attack Duration" are now "Force Taunt Duration".

Known Issues

• Players who access the Housing Maintenance panel from the radar button will see information that upkeep is waived for VIPs, when in fact everyone still needs to pay upkeep on their classic houses.
    • Premium Housing - 5 Cape Road - Some of the hooks in the southeastern yard appear to have deco that cannot be removed. If you receive an error when attempting to remove an item from a hook, leave the area and try again later.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Here are the Release Notes for Update 19.1, released on Wednesday, November 9th.
    Skills

• The Lore Master's Wind-lore now increases your target's incoming damage instead of reducing it.
    wow... great fixes there. still lots of bugs for loremasters, but its a start.
    lets make wardens great again :P at least, you dont get punished for having several wardens in a group now. like it.

Thank you very much for these very early patchnotes
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Well and good that Wardens got bleed love, but is there still no fix for Guardian bleeds? It's gimping us. Having a t10 bleed just completely disappear because a single thing got resisted is fundamentally destroying how the redline Guardian even plays.

Chiming in before Eth manages to!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnuzir View Post
    Well and good that Wardens got bleed love, but is there still no fix for Guardian bleeds? It's gimping us. Having a t10 bleed just completely disappear because a single thing got resisted is fundamentally destroying how the redline Guardian even plays.

Chiming in before Eth manages to!
    Seconded. Please fix the Guard's DPS.
    Landroval: Tolvat (120 Guardian), Gelldir (115 Warden), Gloravon (115 Captain), Curwe (115 Champion), Glamdir (115 Rune-keeper)

[*]Flora - Incomparable Jewellery is now available at the Herbalist. This is a level 246 item with 3 sockets.

Morons, way to eliminate rewards from actually doing content that requires any effort. And no, I do not have the t2 raid jewellery yet. This just a stupid implementation that serves no purpose except to dramatically reduce/remove the relevance of your most current group content.
    Last edited by Secundus_Tiberius; Nov 08 2016 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by commdorvis View Post
    Seconded. Please fix the Guard's DPS.
    Thirded. Guardian single target dps is awful, the new bleed mechanic makes it even worse.

Crissaegrim is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Guardian of Lothlórien
    Fix Guardian Bleeds.

Fix Guardian PVP Audacy -30% reduction damage + 25% mastery Phy-tac + rank mastery phy/tac (R14 for me) + OP => dont work, NOT ACTIVE

Fix Guardian bleeds too

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Secundus_Tiberius View Post
    Morons, way to eliminate rewards from actually doing content that requires any effort. And no, I do not have the t2 raid jewellery yet. This just a stupid implementation that serves no purpose except to dramatically reduce/remove the relevance of your most current group content.
    first about the bad (very little) then a lot about the good!

While I most certainly deplore the above choice of words and use of the words Moron and stupid, I must agree i share Secundus_Tiberious sentiment that rendering the featured instance jewelry irrelevant is a poor decision, not only from our group player's point of view, but from a financial perspective as well. Your featured instances have been a significant source of revenue with the form of subscriptions (unlocks most FI's except Bells, Mirkwood, & In their absence), or quest pack purchases, instance cluster purchases (unlocks Bells of Dale), and direct skirmish purchases (unlocks Halls of Night and Inn of the forsaken). My point is you guys lost a lot of potential revenue from players who are about to hit endgame or who will return from being away since before u18.
    For the above, minus fifteen points from the Turbine house of LOTRdor

The warden bleed fix and the Lore master wind lore fixes are long overdue; at least three years overdue. But hey, better late than never and thank you so much for doing them; it truly shows how much integrity the current team has when it comes to upholding what they hinted at in the livestreams +10 points for both fixes, and +10 points for telling us about it in advance AND following through!!

Another great thing was all the creepside changes you made. it was a pleasant surprise! +10 points for all the collective creep changes.

Quests of Greater North Ithilien no longer require the Far Anorien quest pack. +2 points.
    The Beorning Gear has been added to vendors in Echad Sirion in Mirkwood. +2 points

The Guardian's Mounted Combat - Clash of Arms now properly states that it decreases the attack speed of its target.
    This is far from the Guardian's fix we were hoping for eve since u18, but its still nice to have. +1 point.

Housing stuff: + 5 points.

Quests and other Adventure Area fixes: +5 points.

References to "Force Attack Duration" are now "Force Taunt Duration": long overdue, should have come with the threat revamp in u12/u13. +2 points.

And so, Turbine's Studio's of War and Glory house of LOTRdor ends this election season with net gain of 32 points

LotRO vet here. I had my LotRO break because I did not want mushy pear when I was hoping for sweet apples. Now you gave us great instance followed by raid content which me and another raider discussed just a couple of hours ago. We were talking about the best fitting damage classes for different IDs of the current T2cm content...
    "True, warden is more difficult than hunter and rk. On top of that, you *still* can't take more than one dps warden in your group - not even one random player if you already have a tanking warden."
    "The day they fix this, after a looong time I would actually feel glad to have such a deep connection to my old all-time-love MMO."
    ...Guess I'm 100% back now and oh, I missed you! <3
    PS. I do not play warden btw. I'm just really really happy for them.

PPS. It's clear to me that you as producer cannot read off profit from fixing bugs, in contrast to delivering new content which grants money/shop points and new player activity. But (BUT!) it is by far the easiest way to satisfy the current player base with relatively low expense.
    1. Fix bugs or just change tooltips to fit the state of the art. (You changed two of the most hated aspects which were addressed lately on the bullroarer section ... are you listening to the players, after all that time? Is it for real? *_*)
    2. Get in touch with players, cut time if you ask "achievers" of every class to learn about the most frustrating mechanics. (*)

Players will feel heard by the devs, and that is the most important thing to keep a positive atmosphere when compensating low budget. In case you need lists of bugs/drags ranked by their influence -in case you would look at them- just give me a hint. I will gladly talk to all players I know (which are quite a lot) and moderate a discussion thread here so you can extract the outcome.

(*) E.g., ask any hunter about Cry of the Hunter and he will tell you how fooled he feels about this "emergency skill": Such a long animation time = so litte time to get some distance versus landscape mobs... And temporary morale is granted not until after that = too late and not worth to use in many cases... All raid hunters kiss your feet atm because they are competitive damage dealers again (although more item-dependent than rk, but hey rk must be purchased so I'm fine with that). You want to make "casual" questing hunters to jump with joy, too? That's my hot hint.
    Last edited by Strider3x3; Nov 08 2016 at 09:23 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Strider3x3 View Post
    ...Players will feel heard by the devs, and that is the most important thing to keep a positive atmosphere when compensating low budget. ....
    In that vein, how about agility on the medium armour from the North Ithilien flower barter?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Secundus_Tiberius View Post
    sadly, not shocking. its same as they made MT gold cloak joke (u17... in u19 - legendary/gold vs teal), but then i am lil confused here

1) cant see tweaking buff/debuff for raids/fs (overall skill lag gameplay or so), which i saw announced during weekend (for BR) - also after monday maintenance, i am getting same lags, skill lags or whatever (ye, i know i am in eu playing on eu servers... which are in middle of no-eu)

i took it as most important and its not gonna happen now (?) - rest i dont care at all

2) cant see Essences here, but i saw something on youtube - more grind, more solvents... not so cool such swift replacement since we got t8 essences just one update back - give us some break, as we dont get any new instances, so overall no need to gear up. but then, this will only make some raids etc. more elitist again (u dont gear top... go fishing or gardening, fool)

3) on youtube, i saw lot of new jewelries, honestly, its not so smart imho to replace raid jewelry like that - hard ones (or osgi ones, rare ones) - in next update again (count new essences, solvents, flower grind... ugh +essence reclamation... hell lot of grind and replacement for half gear in so short period)
    i admit FI jewelry lacks slots (but easy solution for fools who never cared about mits... etc., fine for casuals and non-t2 ppl = perfect), Raid jewelry is hard to get for many... and now we will pick up flowers (holy cow) and again, the utube video showed up pretty misery to get some specific thing (but the guy got some Candle after picking up flowers x hours)

- not happy here - the imagination i play as main cpt with Gondor heritage, war is so close... and i go pick up flowers for ages = facepalm (such things should happen in Shire or whatever imho)

p.s. if the essences will be delayed, i should farm flowers for jewelry and then in a month, u will come up with those and force me to use tons of essence reclamation scrolls (one is like fs pelargir bb on full platinum, means over half hour) ... i will rethink the fun and time wasting ratio here, its getting over the bench and in so short periods now
    Last edited by NickSlaughter; Nov 08 2016 at 09:37 PM.

Awesome, myself and others give in-depth analysis detailing why this Creep buff is nowhere near enough, and it gets totally ignored. Why do you even put it in Beta if you don't ever listen to feedback? Glad I canceled my subscription.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

Quote Originally Posted by Ocla View Post
    Fix Guardian PVP Audacy -30% reduction damage + 25% mastery Phy-tac + rank mastery phy/tac (R14 for me) + OP => dont work, NOT ACTIVE

Fix Guardian bleeds too
    So people know what he is talking about, I refer you to his thread where he tries to explain why his guardian deals too little damage in pvp (in his opinion).

He has no idea how damage mitigations work (especially for monster players) and how they stack, that finesse counts against his b/p/e+r, the difference between damage source and damage type, and so on. And even when people tried to explain the mechanics to him, he completely ignored their constructive manners.

Amusive to read, I rate 8.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Ocla View Post
    Fix Guardian bleeds too
    This was mentioned already and is obvious since red line guardian became useless. Hence, redundancy won't increase the chance to get in focus. The only question is why they should put effort into a class which is already used in pve content with another role. (Different from burg+hunt which only had little participation in the raid.) If you want to deal damage, you may have to level a toon although I do not like it that way.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Awesome, myself and others give in-depth analysis detailing why this Creep buff is nowhere near enough, and it gets totally ignored. Why do you even put it in Beta if you don't ever listen to feedback? Glad I canceled my subscription.
    Spilo, while your frustration is understandable, and i share it to a degree, you are wrong that it was "totally" ignored and that [Devs] "don't ever listen to feedback" that is a load of horsebaloney.
    The EP has said in his livestreams that Lotro's plan for 2016-2017 is to throw in updates in the form of incremental tweaks every couple months. yes u18, u19, and probably u20 will mainly be content and feature updates. but keep in mind that u18.1, u18.3, u18.4, and now u19.1 are mainly Quality of Life updates. The devs listen the Community manger not only listen's, but facilitates dialogue between the LOTRO team and you, me, - the playerbase.

I agree that more needs to be done with pvp. but they KNOW that already! flaming at them for not being able to do it according to arbitrary deadlines imposed upon them by Warner Bros is not the answer here! They will continue to work on it bit by bit, just like class balancing.

Still trying to get over the whole featured jewelry being trashed after just holding the top spot for a measly two weeks (minus t2 Throne 3-slot).

Cheers, and have fun on your Lore-Master. also, landroval has the NICEST players ever ty! they were very helpful to me when i was looking for advice on a particular lottery system item.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider3x3 View Post
    The only question is why they should put effort into a class which is already used in pve content with another role. (Different from burg+hunt which only had little participation in the raid.) If you want to deal damage, you may have to level a toon although I do not like it that way.
    agree, but it has one sad story behind - mini - primary healer, but solid dps (or at least for soloing, landscape, can easily outdmg RK, cuz no inductions etc.) - then ppl dream about having more options as we have more trees
    (i admit that burgs and hunters suffered for too long and no chance to become more than dps... as it obvious they wouldnt get any CC rewamp... sad)

on other side, this should be somehow changed, but i cant see it comming - i also know that ie. cpt has best option for 3man to be a tank (u can say other one is healer, but not so handy in many situations, ie. fighting Lumi boss in RC, lack of direct heals except Words of courage with like 4s cd...) - think its like Deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    In that vein, how about agility on the medium armour from the North Ithilien flower barter?
    I am quite sure this has to do with the recent hunter update. No idea under which circumstances they tested his dps, but I assume they did not want to exaggeratethe damage output. After players found the most effective builds and rotas, the devs can/could work with those values.

Wink

Yeah! Creepside needed something to make it a bit more fair, let's go to PvP again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSlaughter View Post
    agree, but it has one sad story behind - mini - primary healer, but solid dps (or at least for soloing, landscape, can easily outdmg RK, cuz no inductions etc.) - then ppl dream about having more options as we have more trees
    (i admit that burgs and hunters suffered for too long and no chance to become more than dps... as it obvious they wouldnt get any CC rewamp... sad)
    When trait trees were introduced, one of the core ideas was that every class can do quests easier with a real damage trait. Guardian is the only exception right now because the mechanic is broken and they either don't know how to fix it or give it no priority. To think of damage traits as real damage dealer role, balancing the dps of 10 classes for boss fights is one of the hardest dev tasks I can think of. I don't think they will try this, and they shouldn't waste resources here.

Two "useful" fellowship traits per class would be great for sure. And that is something mini has already: blue for strongest group healing (works fine all the time); yellow for huge damage support and mainly single target healing (works fine with a good tank). At the same time, the burst damage of a red mini is insane - you cannot request more for questing/pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSlaughter View Post
    on other side, this should be somehow changed, but i cant see it comming - i also know that ie. cpt has best option for 3man to be a tank (u can say other one is healer, but not so handy in many situations, ie. fighting Lumi boss in RC, lack of direct heals except Words of courage with like 4s cd...) - think its like Deal with it
    All support classes stumble to find their place in 3-man instances (tank + healer + dd) because they are part of another system (tank + healer + 3x dd + support). I main captain and can easily tank every 3-man ini t2cm without healer except for some boss fights (crafting jewelry and pelennor armor are sufficient). I can also provide healer for 3-man ini on t2cm (without two pieces of t2 raid armor if your tank is okay/well equipped).

The problem is when you are NOT equipped yet and therefore you have a reason to run those instances: I agree with you completely that support classes fit the least. But lore-master has more problems to find his spot here than captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniyel View Post
    Spilo, while your frustration is understandable, and i share it to a degree, you are wrong that it was "totally" ignored and that [Devs] "don't ever listen to feedback" that is a load of horsebaloney.
    The EP has said in his livestreams that Lotro's plan for 2016-2017 is to throw in updates in the form of incremental tweaks every couple months. yes u18, u19, and probably u20 will mainly be content and feature updates. but keep in mind that u18.1, u18.3, u18.4, and now u19.1 are mainly Quality of Life updates. The devs listen the Community manger not only listen's, but facilitates dialogue between the LOTRO team and you, me, - the playerbase.

I agree that more needs to be done with pvp. but they KNOW that already! flaming at them for not being able to do it according to arbitrary deadlines imposed upon them by Warner Bros is not the answer here! They will continue to work on it bit by bit, just like class balancing.

Still trying to get over the whole featured jewelry being trashed after just holding the top spot for a measly two weeks (minus t2 Throne 3-slot).

Cheers, and have fun on your Lore-Master. also, landroval has the NICEST players ever ty! they were very helpful to me when i was looking for advice on a particular lottery system item.
    LOTRO has a history of ignoring Beta feedback, this confirms it. If you're not planning on making any changes with your PvP "update," then why put it in Beta? When flaws are pointed out in Beta, those flaws are pointed out, and nothing is changed, frustration shouldn't be surprising, especially with something that has a history of getting ignored.
    Are you watching closely?

turbine at this update focus at pvmp and creeps. i ask something.why you dont put the audacity 105 lvl items, and 105 lvl ites in moors for freeps yet? what are you w8? why i need to pve to be good in moors cause my audacity who turbine give me to play there is a gear for 10 0 lvl after so many months from 105 lvl realese? i am a player who play lotro cause of pvp and the lore on pvp , and not to make pve. that means turbine dont mind for players like us who pay to play only this game.

one more time gg. put the 105 lvl items at mordor who the lvls go to be 120.
    Krom of Eldar. Kromiel Rank 14 Captain.

• Flora - Incomparable Jewellery is now available at the Herbalist. This is a level 246 item with 3 sockets.
    Thanks for killing the little endgame stuff we had.
    Now we can get better jewels with harvesting stupid flowers instead of doing the raid T2C, dumbest idea ever.

This game became a garden simulator, say goodbye to all hardcore pve guild.

Quote Originally Posted by MolagBal View Post
    Now we can get better jewels with harvesting stupid flowers instead of doing the raid T2C, dumbest idea ever.

While i have no interest to upgrade to this its just sad what imaginable crowd they trying to please. But apparently one gonna need that 3 slot jewellery to do throne so after this all roleplayers and similar gonna have throne t2cm on the farm.

Making LOTRO great again.

Quote Originally Posted by MolagBal View Post

+1 all is said

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast