We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3343
    Quote Originally Posted by Washak View Post
    I assume that I am doing something wrong becuase noi matter what I search for or how I get nothing show, it just looks
    like there is absolutely nothing in the AH for sale ?

EDIT: Logged out and back in all working.
    Yep, that can do it.

Welcome to LOTRO.

Some information and links that may be of help to you.

The game has changed much over the years.

Below are links to several sites about some feature of LOTRO.

Lotro-Wiki - All things LOTRO
    https://lotro-wiki.com/

LOTRO Basics – Basic information about LOTRO
    https://www.lotrobasics.com/

LOTRO Interface – Change your LOTRO Interface and find lua apps
    https://www.lotrointerface.com/

Lotro-Wiki - Class Trait Point
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Class_Trait_Point

I Love Fried Orc – Now that you have trait points, how are you going to spend them to build your character(s)
    https://ilovefriedorc.com/traits/

LotroHQ - Some class builds, Guides and a bit more
    https://lotrohq.com/

Lotrortools - New Legendary Traceries (U30.3) by Class
    https://lotrotools.pw/traceries.html

DYN Map - LOTRO Maps, lots of useful and needed information.
    https://dynmap.ruslotro.com/

DADI'S – One of the best Guide Sites about LOTRO. DADI still plays LOTRO.
    https://dadislotroguides.com/

Guide: New to LOTRO guide By Thornelas - A long and detailed forum post about LOTRO. Well worth the read.
    https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...hints-and-tips

Information on the new LI System.
    If you are starting new characters, the below won't be of immediate need, but you will need the information once you start to enter Moria.

New LI System introduced with Update U30.3)
    Completely replaced the old LI system, thus most videos and articles about the LI system are obsolete.

NEW LI SYSTEM
    LOTRO Online – Legendary Items
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Legendary_Items

DADI'S LOTRO GUIDES – New Legendary System (30.3)
    https://dadislotroguides.com/new-leg...ossibly-u30-3/
    Just in case the site breaks the link, here it is as text to copy and paste:

Code:
    https://dadislotroguides.com/new-legendary-system-possibly-u30-3/
    Lotro-Wiki - Tracery
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Tracery

Again, welcome to LOTRO.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    You'll generally find kinships advertising in World Chat or the forums. Or when you're finally able to, you can simply ask in World Chat to join one. Several kinships have different focuses for the game, so it is a good idea to mention what time zone you are in, what your highest level character is, do you plan to reach level cap and raid, how often you are going to play, role-play, use experience disabler, etc. There are many kinships out there that are alright with people joining them to use their facilities & functions or simply to prevent others from asking to join their kinship. Some just like to hear about latest gaming news and gossip by joining their Discord. It all depends on what you want in the game.

There is group content in the game marked as "small fellowship" or "fellowship" in designated areas, but the population of the game - especially when it comes to finding people around your specific level to play at a specific time - isn't going to be easy. There are ones out there that use the Tortoise Stone to lock their levels and play sections of the game on-level over a period of time. Our kinship has managed to progress through the whole game a few times in a time span of 3 years. It is entirely possible to do the content by yourself, even do most of the dungeons by yourself if you are over-leveled or over-equipped, if that is something you choose to do.
    Thank you for the tips!

Angry Game updates

Anybody else have problems with updates in lotro? Everytime there is an update, I go through many fixes to eleviate errors
    I receive in trying to log into the game. At this point, I am pretty frustrated and I am wondering if it is worth all the disapointment to continue!

Quote Originally Posted by 5string View Post
    Anybody else have problems with updates in lotro? Everytime there is an update, I go through many fixes to eleviate errors
    I receive in trying to log into the game. At this point, I am pretty frustrated and I am wondering if it is worth all the disapointment to continue!
    It seems pretty weird for you to say this right now since the last time we had a patch update was May 25th. Not that there isn't anything wrong with periodically playing the game, but there is a good chance you were updating several patches at once. There could be plenty of things that could cause errors if you were playing with unsupported, depreciated software. There has also been a push for a 64-bit update. So after ruling out things like playing on a Mac, Windows XP, or trying to have certain features while in 32-bit mode, there could be a hundred other things that could be interfering with the download. Some say not to download the Steam client. Others say to make sure you turn off any anti-virus programs. I occasionally download the game completely fresh every year because of modifications to how files are handled. And the only way I can do that is by booting up in Windows Safe Mode with Networking Option Enabled.

There are several people on the forums that can help and assist. There are multiple threads you can look up for all kinds of errors. But it highly depends on what your specific problem is.

Hey everyone! A complete newbie to the game (but admittedly an MMO transient right now). Was looking at the VIP perks, as someone who owns no content but am looking at the VIP, it looks like my best use of money is going to be to buy a VIP pass. Is that good move or is there another way to get the most bang for my buck? It is my intention to hit level cap in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SelahWavedancer View Post
    Hey everyone! A complete newbie to the game (but admittedly an MMO transient right now). Was looking at the VIP perks, as someone who owns no content but am looking at the VIP, it looks like my best use of money is going to be to buy a VIP pass. Is that good move or is there another way to get the most bang for my buck? It is my intention to hit level cap in the game.
    VIP does a lot of things to the characters you log-in while it is active. A couple things that are essential that remain permanent, even if you end your subscription, is the increase of your inventory from 45 to 75 slots and being able to use swift travel (instantly travel between locations). Many enjoy the convenience bonuses of being able to use mail anywhere (without going to a mailbox), no need to repair, access to your Vault/AH/Supplier even inside an instance or on the run, and being able to craft stuff instantly at the stations without the need of waiting a couple seconds for it to process.

As for content, you can easily do certain areas once as you level in areas like Yondershire (level 20), Angles (level 40), and Wildwood (level 45). Depending on how often you play, you will also gain access to pretty much all above level 95 (except for the latest expansion). Although it will take awhile to get there, you will have access to their mission system that provides small bits that give you lots of interesting rewards.

VIP does a lot of things to the characters you log-in while it is active. A couple things that are essential that remain permanent, even if you end your subscription, is the increase of your inventory from 45 to 75 slots and being able to use swift travel (instantly travel between locations). Many enjoy the convenience bonuses of being able to use mail anywhere (without going to a mailbox), no need to repair, access to your Vault/AH/Supplier even inside an instance or on the run, and being able to craft stuff instantly at the stations without the need of waiting a couple seconds for it to process.

As for content, you can easily do certain areas once as you level in areas like Yondershire (level 20), Angles (level 40), and Wildwood (level 45). Depending on how often you play, you will also gain access to pretty much all above level 95 (except for the latest expansion). Although it will take awhile to get there, you will have access to their mission system that provides small bits that give you lots of interesting rewards.
    Appreciate the info, it definitely seems like the way to go while I'm here. Thanks!

8. Jul 17 2022, 08:23 AM

Howdy folks, brand new player here!

Starting out as a duo with my bro (he'll be a Ranger, I'll be a Minstrel). Couple of quick questions:

1) What vocations would have the best synergy between the two of us?
    2) What is the best way / path to progress so we can have the best experience questing together. I do know about the Stone of the Tortoise to help throttle XP, but is there an optimal path to take to see the most Lotro has to offer?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinndo View Post

Starting out as a duo with my bro (he'll be a Ranger, I'll be a Minstrel). Couple of quick questions:

2) What is the best way / path to progress so we can have the best experience questing together. I do know about the Stone of the Tortoise to help throttle XP, but is there an optimal path to take to see the most Lotro has to offer?

Thanks!
    When it comes to professions: You have cook, jeweller, metalsmith, scholar, tailor, weaponsmith, and woodworker. The two auxiliary crafts are cook for its food buffs and scholar for its scroll buffs. Three crafts focus on armor types: Metalsmith builds heavy, tailor builds medium & light, and Jeweller makes any non-armor. Woodworker will help with instruments, bows, clubs, etc and Weaponsmith will help with other non-legendary equipment. It will always be hard to figure out which ones you want since they all have a bunch of other things that can benefit people in some way or another.

Since both of you are medium and light, I highly suggest someone be a tailor and a forester to brush the hides you get from animals. Since an Armourer with Metalsmith will not help you without a heavy type, that leaves Explorer (double gather) and Yeomen (cooking). I'd also choose one be a Tinker so you can essentially fill a full equipment spread for the both of you with cooking already attached, then Explorer would be your best bet for the other. The only thing you need to know is that Explorer can only track one thing at a time and since it has two gathering professions, you may only belong to one crafting guild instead of two. But again, Historian and Armsman would both make great optional choices.

As for questing, if you want to "experience it all" then I suggest following https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/zones_by_level. The Epic will generally take you to all the appropriate areas as you level, but you will find spots where it will split-up. It all comes down to preferences beyond that.

When it comes to professions: You have cook, jeweller, metalsmith, scholar, tailor, weaponsmith, and woodworker. The two auxiliary crafts are cook for its food buffs and scholar for its scroll buffs. Three crafts focus on armor types: Metalsmith builds heavy, tailor builds medium & light, and Jeweller makes any non-armor. Woodworker will help with instruments, bows, clubs, etc and Weaponsmith will help with other non-legendary equipment. It will always be hard to figure out which ones you want since they all have a bunch of other things that can benefit people in some way or another.

Since both of you are medium and light, I highly suggest someone be a tailor and a forester to brush the hides you get from animals. Since an Armourer with Metalsmith will not help you without a heavy type, that leaves Explorer (double gather) and Yeomen (cooking). I'd also choose one be a Tinker so you can essentially fill a full equipment spread for the both of you with cooking already attached, then Explorer would be your best bet for the other. The only thing you need to know is that Explorer can only track one thing at a time and since it has two gathering professions, you may only belong to one crafting guild instead of two. But again, Historian and Armsman would both make great optional choices.

As for questing, if you want to "experience it all" then I suggest following https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/zones_by_level. The Epic will generally take you to all the appropriate areas as you level, but you will find spots where it will split-up. It all comes down to preferences beyond that.
    Thank you kindly for the informative response. This is exactly what I was looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinndo View Post

For a hunter-minstrel pair I'd suggest Explorer and Woodsman.
    Both can gather wood (and explorer can mine ores too, for selling it to other players)
    Explorer (tailor) can process the looted hides and make armour for both of you.
    Woodsman can process the gathered wood and make bow for the hunter, instruments for the minstrel.

But of course a cook or a scholar might be more useful at the endgame, for their buffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Soma_Brumm View Post
    For a hunter-minstrel pair I'd suggest Explorer and Woodsman.
    Both can gather wood (and explorer can mine ores too, for selling it to other players)
    Explorer (tailor) can process the looted hides and make armour for both of you.
    Woodsman can process the gathered wood and make bow for the hunter, instruments for the minstrel.

But of course a cook or a scholar might be more useful at the endgame, for their buffs...
    I would add...

Have your main characters be Explorer and Woodsman as above then each of you make a second character just for crafting. You'll have to play them a little to get out of the starter area but then find a nice location near vendors and crafting stations (or farmland) and just craft.

1. One should be a Tinker (Prospector, Jeweler, and Cook) who will be able to make ingots from ore, jewelry for both characters from ingots and gems, and food from crops that the other crafter makes.

2. The other should be a Historian (Weaponsmith, Scholar, Farmer) who will be able to raise crops for the cook, make metal weapons for the main characters, and make dyes, scrolls, and potions from items found in loot plus some stuff from humanois loot.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Great advice! Thank you all!

15. Jul 21 2022, 02:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by deadwoodd View Post
    Can someone explain to me why items like "Flawed Symbol of Celebrimbor" and "Blemished Symbol of the Elder King" are dropped rewards from both the Volume III Giftbox and Epic Battle quests? Was this completely overlooked? Since I'm relatively new, I don't have the old LI recipes (which AFAIK are unobtainable) so I can't even use these to craft an LI for cosmetics. It's just vendor trash now. Why????????
    Most of the symbols used for legendary equipment can be obtained from the Skirmish Camp. However, these items were posed as rarer than the others as they cannot be bartered for. Their initial idea was to allow people to disenchant them for items in the new system. However, some people still wanted to be able to craft the level 100 legendary weapons for the cosmetic. So instead, they have allowed them to remain so people can have the cosmetic crafted. They also decided to add the cosmetics to the Roving Threat barterer for 2,000 Figments of Splendour. So here we are as it remains as an alternative option.

17. Jul 21 2022, 03:23 PM

Quote Originally Posted by deadwoodd View Post
    The only issue with this, and I could be wrong, is that the recipes are no longer obtainable. So if you are a new player and get one of these dropped, it will be useless since you don't have/aren't able to get the recipe for crafting.
    If it is non-bound, you can still have someone craft it for you or you can sell it on the AH. You tend to forget that this is an on-going process. They just now removed the relic-masters after not being able to use relics for about 8 months.

19. Jul 21 2022, 06:26 PM
    Reason
    Figured it out.

Game play does not continue where i left off

everytime i exit game play and then restart LOTR.... i start the game at the beginning. there is no where to save my progress or automatically saves it for me. i dont feel like restarting over and over from the start. i am VIP member, and have bought the expansion. maybe i downloaded the wrong one

Quote Originally Posted by Shurack View Post
    everytime i exit game play and then restart LOTR.... i start the game at the beginning. there is no where to save my progress or automatically saves it for me. i dont feel like restarting over and over from the start. i am VIP member, and have bought the expansion. maybe i downloaded the wrong one
    The only reason I can think of where the game wouldn't save would be if you don't complete the opening instance. Otherwise it saves automatically.

Complete the opening instance - should only take 5 minutes and the game will start to automatically save for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurack View Post
    As ItaOperor said, if you are in an "instanced" introduction, you must complete the introduction. If you don't for any reason (you log out, you get disconnected, whatever the reason) you will have to restart that introduction from the beginning. This most commonly happens with the High Elf starting experience which is instanced and is fairly long (about 20 minutes) compared to most of the other races which tend to be 5-10 minutes at most. The High Elf starting experience is a combined "tutorial" and "introduction" – similar to the Stout Axe and Beorning although the Beorning combined tutorial and introduction is quite short at only 5-10 minutes. Elf, Dwarf, Man, and Hobbit have separate tutorial and introduction experiences, the tutorials for those races are instanced but very short while the introductions for those races are fairly long (on the order of 30 minutes) and while isolated from the shared game world they are not treated as instanced zones so you can log out and then come back to finish them at your leisure without losing your progress.

Other than some solo instances/dungeons, you will not experience this issue with losing progress from logging out and returning anywhere else in the game.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Jul 24 2022 at 09:38 AM.

Unhappy

More than two years since I registered, and I still can't post. FeelsBadMan

Quote Originally Posted by ArtShark View Post
    Yes, but has it been two years since you posted? To reduce spam, as well as other related issues, they included a waiting period before you can make an official post outside this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtShark View Post
    Actually it has only been 10 months (Oct 2021) since you registered on these forums and your above post is the first post you have made.

Now, the reason you can not post in other forums is

The reason – several years ago there was a serious episode of spammers, gold sellers, and other forum lowlifes. The solution was restricting all new accounts and all in-active accounts to this forum – made clean up easy.

Keep posting your question(s) in this forum, until granted full forum access. Should happen in a couple of days.

Official explanation: " https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...Only-Post-Here "

In case the forum breaks the link:
    Code:
    https://forums.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?645326-Why-Can-I-Only-Post-Here
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules

and Star Citizen…

Why can't I change my avatar?

Moreover, why can't I answer to any thread I desire?

Quote Originally Posted by MariaFinkel View Post
    Moreover, why can't I answer to any thread I desire?
    Read the third post above this post for the answer.

and Star Citizen…

Quote Originally Posted by MariaFinkel View Post
    Why can't I change my avatar?
    Click on your name
    Then click on View Profile
    Then click on Forum Actions – second Menu line near the top of the page.
    Then click on Edit Profile – at the bottom of the drop-down list.
    Then click on Edit Avatar – in the Menu list on the left side of the screen, under My Settings, My Profile section.

Make your selection from the several avatar groups. Remember, there can be several pages of Avatars (bottom right corner)

and Star Citizen…

Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast