We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Off-hand critical rating

With the new off-hand raid weapon (278.1 DPS) i can see that DES, FB and CdG have a biggest damage on off-hand. Now a simple question just to optimize my build: off hand critical rating is the same then main hand? If not i shoud consider to equip off-hand crit rating legacy on my bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifareth View Post
    With the new off-hand raid weapon (278.1 DPS) i can see that DES, FB and CdG have a biggest damage on off-hand. Now a simple question just to optimize my build: off hand critical rating is the same then main hand? If not i shoud consider to equip off-hand crit rating legacy on my bag.
    The legacy is completely useless if your crit rating is capped. Your regular crit rating affects both main and offhand.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    The legacy is completely useless if your crit rating is capped. Your regular crit rating affects both main and offhand.
    Thanks for answer mate.

I don't think all the +6300 crit rating legacyes are trash, if you use https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rat...entage_formula you can see that for a raid mob lvl 108 you must have

CR = ((1190/3) * Enemy's Level * %) / (1 - %) so if you wanna have a 30% in yellow traits (spendin point in red line to Deft Strikes) you shoud have around 18300 crit rating

so if you must have a mitigation/morale build like in Mumakils fight, the legacies, expecially crti-chain one, can help in reaching the goal of 18300 cr.

If you go DPS, in raid against lvl 108 mob to have the full 32,5% critical chance, you must go with 20600 cr (ok you will be buffed by a cpt etc, but you know, more is better). To give in your build some space to finesse/mitigation/morale i think +6300 legacies are not so bad. Not both, but the crit chain one i think is very nice for raid.

If i think to my bag legacies, the MUST HAVE are

positional damage
    crti multiplier
    reveal weakness
    trick duration
    addle damage debuff

So i have 2 spots and chain CR i think is fine. (DidE we know is useless against raid bosses)

Quote Originally Posted by Ifareth View Post
    Thanks for answer mate.

I don't think all the +6300 crit rating legacyes are trash, if you use https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rat...entage_formula you can see that for a raid mob lvl 108 you must have

CR = ((1190/3) * Enemy's Level * %) / (1 - %) so if you wanna have a 30% in yellow traits (spendin point in red line to Deft Strikes) you shoud have around 18300 crit rating

so if you must have a mitigation/morale build like in Mumakils fight, the legacies, expecially crti-chain one, can help in reaching the goal of 18300 cr.

If you go DPS, in raid against lvl 108 mob to have the full 32,5% critical chance, you must go with 20600 cr (ok you will be buffed by a cpt etc, but you know, more is better). To give in your build some space to finesse/mitigation/morale i think +6300 legacies are not so bad. Not both, but the crit chain one i think is very nice for raid.

If i think to my bag legacies, the MUST HAVE are

positional damage
    crti multiplier
    reveal weakness
    trick duration
    addle damage debuff

So i have 2 spots and chain CR i think is fine. (DidE we know is useless against raid bosses)
    I have to disagree here.
    First: your formula is a bit off, it changes depending on level. You also have to calculate with 25% crit chance as that is the maximum you will get from rating. Raw percentage numbers added by traits etc don't play any role here.
    Second: I have so much crit rating, I don't even know what to do with it Even in my 50k morale build I'm sitting at 17,9k with buff food - considering cappy buffs I'll be miles above the cap against lv108 opponents. So at least for me, the crit rating legacies are a completely wasted slot.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Crit Rating Classes?

CRIT rating is for Tanks? For healing and counter-crits? And to improve the passive Crit Defence stat on Shields?