We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question I would like to know how Titles are set up

Titles may reflect two things in a Forum; a group or a post count. That may of course be combined and custom titles can always be given out (set) regardless., like "Executive Producer".

But since I see many titles that may seem related to posting activity, like "Just starting out", "Post Master", "Grand Poster" and then titles that indicate some group membership like "Defender of the Hornburg", "Weatherstock Wayfarer" this is only confusing.

Assuming someone at some given point of time had some kind of idea behind the title management, what was that idea and how is it being implemented?

Can we have some clarifications here please?

I see no groups that I can ask to join in my Profile, I have also looked on above mentioned title holders profiles and see nothing about groups in them.

What I see in my own profile is
    Registered Members - Member - Identify me as a member of this group

or

Free Player - Upgraded Perms - Free Players with increased Posting rights - Member - Identify me as a member of this group
    Regardless my user title would be the same, "Member".
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

Beta - Helm's Deep and Beta - Rohan participants have special titles. I have both Defender of the Hornburg and Rohirrim Scout. The Weatherstock Wayfarer was awarded a few years ago to people taking part in that event. Just Starting Out, Post Master and Grand Poster are very old titles that were awarded in the past , I believe those are been discontinued though . There are even some special titles former CMs did award to people for donating to charity or old competitions.
    Amorey - Bard of the Shire

That answers two of the special titles, but not what the overall Title feature entails nor how it is supposed to work.

A screenshot from within the Title management menu would go a long way, but only Cordovan can help with that, if he wants.

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...titles_manager
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots