We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Ebbing Ire

Ebbing Ire

Quote Originally Posted by Gandie2 View Post
    .../... Ebbing Ire no longer works like it did. The thing about -30% incoming healing in fervour is no longer true. Ebbing Ire used to transfer 25% of a champs threat to another player. The idea was that champs would build some agro then select the tank and Ebb onto him/her. A champ could instead use this skill to kill an RK. An RK at the time arguable the #1 or #2 DPS in the game at that time and the champ being again arguable the #1 AOE dps at the time. If a champ waited until an RK pulled agro off the tank and after the tank used his/her force tuant to get it back, if the champ then popped some of his DPS boosts and did a few dps moves including his Sling Sling to max his agro then targeted then RK and dumped 25% of his treat on the RK the mobs would turn and kill the RK.

Now Ebbing just reduces the champs threat.

Basically the only thing that is still true about the OP is that SHING-SHING (-aka- Raging blades ) is still an awesome and fun skill. Some tanks actually like champs to charge in and shing-shing. Most notably cappys who can put shied of the Dunedain to mitigate incoming damage for the champ and let him gather agro then use his force taunt to pull the mobs to him multiplying the agro the champ had in the process. My guard likes using champ agro as well. But the champ has to be prepared and able to survive for a moment.
    So what use is Ebbing Ire?
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

Ebbing Ire was useful in tandem with the Raising Ire skill. It was very helpful in fights where you needed to tank swap mid fight, example is Turtle.

"Was"? As in not useful anymore?
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

It's completely useless. Tanks don't need any assistance with aggro these days.

OK thanks.