We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Yes, we might get that as a cut scene, and that would be delightful. NOT a session play, since the Eagles transported Gandalf to Orodruin, and brought him, Frodo, and Sam back. One passenger per Eagle. We weren't there.
    Frodo and Sam weren't riding the eagles as passengers. They weren't even conscious. And starved hobbits weigh next to nothing. No reason we can't go along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Oh, don't be silly. The Nine and the Seven were destroyed with the One on which they were dependent. The Three faded, and were taken back to Valinor. The One is toast. Have you read the books?
    Yes, I have read the books.

And I'll be silly whenever I please, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    That title says the player rules the Hytbold. What do you want more? Hytbold is truly ours. While there isn´t everything (like crafting guilds, bank, action hall), there are many things.

And in its time it was the endgame. Even if SSG brings something similar, with the update after it it won´t be endgame anymore.

Hm, it would be interesting to have such place which can be always up to date. Similar to rewards in the instances of the week, which are always updated.
    am i loosing something or something i dont understand? we have a tittle yes but nothing more, we rule ........what? hytobld ? how we do it? there are npc but only this. what are the many other things it seems i forgot ?
    that time WAS endgame to rebuild it n nothing more. they can scale it if they deside to give us such a nise reward
    at the end you r giving the answer yourself!
    thanks for responding mate
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    It could just be an instanced zone with scaling like for epic battles with scaled rewards just like for epic battles.
    And this combined with being a kinship-wide zone and a village with everything one needs like a kinship-vault that fits that name (so more than just 200 storage slots that are kin-tradeable, maybe need big effort to unlock them though) and a free teleport for all kinnies might make it a relevant zone to be. forever. Just look at what Neverwinter Online did for their guild-castle-system (although i hated nearly everything else in that game, this made me play it for half a year). Players of all levels can contribute and you get stuff for endgame. lotro already knows how to scale items, so why not just use it?
    Yea, Hytbold is truly ours, but without a free teleport and a vault and without anything to do there at other levels than 85... its boring.
    exactly!
    is a place that we are the lords only in the tittle
    there is nothing to do
    we cant have any desision about the place.
    we cant order anyone as we can in the battles
    we cant raise n army
    no vault no AH no residence no teleport
    not to mention that is in the open world n the same time there are maybe 20 more thanes there...........

i d like to see a place that we are going to build it from scratch
    able to give orders to our people n everything a town has to offer
    in n instance like the neghborhoods
    to choose where n how we gone build our castle , our town, our farms
    to an area that we ll be able to choose from a list suitable to our race
    example not needed you all can figure out which are the suitable areas for every race
    maybe a new proffecion of arhitect-craftman-builder is needed.
    (i did ask for this long long ago when the Codemasters used to send mail asking for ideas to improove the game)

i know that is a big n not going to be reward
    but its something appropriate to what we have done for the freepeoples n the king
    i m sure the RPs will love it n i count myself among them!
    Last edited by Valakircka; Apr 09 2017 at 07:40 AM.
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    Hytbold?
    I'd really like to see Hytbold expanded. As it stands, unless you're (stone of the) tortoise-ing along, the only reason to stick around for the few days it takes to rebuild Hytbold is to close off the plot from the Norcrofts. It was fine when the level cap was 85, but now... It's a mid-game unnecessary time-sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    am i loosing something or something i dont understand? we have a tittle yes but nothing more, we rule ........what? hytobld ? how we do it? there are npc but only this. what are the many other things it seems i forgot ?
    that time WAS endgame to rebuild it n nothing more. they can scale it if they deside to give us such a nise reward
    at the end you r giving the answer yourself!
    thanks for responding mate
    Well, yes, only the title. But this is a rpg, not a strategy game where you build your own armies and give them commands to attack/defend/patrol...

You cannot expect to truly rule any region.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

I think the main thing is, There's no respect form any NPC that you ARE the Thane of Hytbold. The entire Rohirrim quest line afterward views you as a grunt warrior doing the bidding of the king's or allied orders. When, in fact, your character is Thane of a fortress city built from diverse rohirrim regions.

It's like a University board of directors bestowing a President Emeritas title, but then forgetting they have given you the title, and therefore zero authority or respect.

Like, when you meet with the Rohirrim in Far Anorien as they advance upon Pelennor, they should address you as Thane if you earned the title.

Not to mention all the missing elements and ports in hytbold itself.

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    Triggered...

What I am mainly hoping for is an eagle-flight into Mordor with Gandalf, to pick up the Hobbits.

Maybe the epic quest reward could be one of the Rings of Power, as appropriate for each race:

Race of Men get one of the nine rings.
    Fat, stinky Dorfs get one of the seven rings.
    Elfs get one of the three rings.
    Hobbits, of course, get to keep the one ring...which was in their possession for almost the entirety of the Third Age anyway...
    If you're going to #### all over the lore, best you try to understand what you're crapping on first.

The One Ring spent almost two and a half millennium submerged in the Anduin, so even if you count Gollum as one of the hobbits, that's just over five hundred years in their possession, hardly "almost the entirety of the Third Age", is it?

As someone else already pointed out, the Nine and the Seven were destroyed along with the One anyway
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Well, to be fair, the members of the FotR and those mentioned who were rewarded did substantially more (or were, at least, much more impactful on Middle Earth) than any of us, the players. And, when you think about it, Frodo, our hero, didn't really receive much in terms of worldly reward; he was able to live, and return home, but only for so long. Heartache and that awful feeling of not belonging, as well as his pains from wounds unhealed, plagued him, and eventually he left home and what little "family" he had and sailed into the wonders-told West.
    In my opinion, and perhaps this sentiment is unique to myself, any great, valuable, superficial reward would be something of a mockery to our favorite characters and even, to an extent, Tolkien, who's Middle Earth we inhabit. But, each to their own. I won't refuse or protest a nice reward, but something too gaudy or in-your-face would be somewhat distasteful.
    Heya! My name is Bruce; I've been playing since right before Helm's Deep came out. Hope to keep playing for many ages to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    If you're going to #### all over the lore, best you try to understand what you're crapping on first.

The One Ring spent almost two and a half millennium submerged in the Anduin, so even if you count Gollum as one of the hobbits, that's just over five hundred years in their possession, hardly "almost the entirety of the Third Age", is it?

As someone else already pointed out, the Nine and the Seven were destroyed along with the One anyway
    Are people truly this humorless?

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    Are people truly this humorless?
    Try typing something funny next time then
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    Well, yes, only the title. But this is a rpg, not a strategy game where you build your own armies and give them commands to attack/defend/patrol...

You cannot expect to truly rule any region.
    yes mate is n rpg but we already doing this in battles the mechanism is there!

yes mate is n rpg but we already doing this in battles the mechanism is there!
    thats it. most required features to build a nice area are there.
    We have hytbold, which is building up stuff.
    we have epic battles and ettenmoors, which have levelscaling.
    we have instanced housing, which can be extended to instanced landscape for kinships.
    we have commands for npcs in epic battles.
    we have spawning of mobs and waypoints for going somewhere everywhere in landscape and in epic battles.
    we have lots of stuff to construct already in housing areas.
    we have teleports and vaultkeepers and crafting zones and there is no reason not to put them in any specific zone, even unlockable by effort.
    we have npcs that do trashtalk since beginning of the game in the shire, which can be used to make the area more alive.
    we have loot, quests including dailies and lots of different ressources.
    we have a good reason to reward players with some land once the war is over (aragorn getting crowned, being king, having the right to give land and us being his loyal people whom he trusts very much as he said several times).
    etc etc.

all thats not there is the will to use all thats there to give kinships something to do that requires actual kinship-work.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

we have instanced housing, which can be extended to instanced landscape for kinships.
    we have spawning of mobs and waypoints for going somewhere everywhere in landscape and in epic battles.
    we have teleports and vaultkeepers and crafting zones and there is no reason not to put them in any specific zone, even unlockable by effort.
    we have npcs that do trashtalk since beginning of the game in the shire, which can be used to make the area more alive.
    we have a good reason to reward players with some land once the war is over (aragorn getting crowned, being king, having the right to give land and us being his loyal people whom he trusts very much as he said several times).
    etc etc.

all thats not there is the will to use all thats there to give kinships something to do that requires actual kinship-work.
    King Elessar decides to build a fortified town at the ford of the river Poros on the border between South Ithilien and South Gondor (Harondor). North of the ford is the town proper which starts as a palisade and tents and NPCs that give repeatable quests that contribute to the construction. The south side is the ford has a small housing instance on each side with a few kinhouses in each instance but no personal houses. One side is Rohirric architecture and the other is Gondorian. Due to the shortage of stone there is a ban on giant statues and Imrahil refuses to license the copyright on swan statues.

The town and instances start as weak looking palisade and tents and improve as players and kins rebuild them. The sequence for the town is:

1. weak palisade and tents (stable and provisioner)
    2. strong palisade and pavillions (healer, supplier, vault)
    3. earthen wall with palisade top and wooden buildings (relic and forge masters)
    4. stone lower wall with wooden upper works and larger buildings (auction house)
    5. stone wall and stone buildings (quartermasters for regional token barter)

The sequence for housing instances is:

1. Tents
    2. Pavillions
    3. Single large room wood kinhouses
    4. Multiroom kinhouses, all wood for Rohirrim and half stone for Gondor side.
    5. Full size kinhouses. Rohirrim side gets ornately carved wood and Gondor stone.

The town must be improved first and then the instances will follow automatically. For example, build town to tier 4 and all the kinhouses become multiroom tier 4 buildings. The large single room of the tier 3 kinhouse becomes the great room of the tier 4 and 5 kinhouse, so the furniture can stay put.

The tier 1 town has quest givers that hand out repeatables that reward construction credit or ask that you retrieve certain materials. More quests are added as the town improves. They also give out repeatables with personal rewards.

Haradrim and Corsair raiders are a constant problem until Umbar is retaken. SSG should come up with a simple way for a Dev or GM to check the current player population in and around the town and trigger an attack of similar size. The attacks can set back the building effort if they get to the wall or into the town before being stopped.

Quests out of this hub should have some interesting housing deco rewards. Things like new floor and wall colors as well as mementos and taxidermy. Could add new color recipes and put some of the materials in loot so that any Scholar can craft it once the kin has looted pigment.

As the town grows it could also open up new quest hubs or just more quests farther afield.

This is a finite event, but it should be designed to take some time to complete the town and decorate all the kin houses.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

etc etc.

yes mate thanks for the support!
    tho my thoughts was about personal reward not a kinship thing
    ofc i have to admit that kins need a huge revamp
    n we have asked about it saveral years ago
    with exellent propositions!
    Last edited by Valakircka; Apr 11 2017 at 12:51 AM.

so many nice proposals that may move the game to the 4th age
    thanks guys
    lets hope they are going to do something about it
    to be honnest i dont believe they will something or anything of this all
    i was really happy when i saw MoL responding tho the only think he said was "hytbold".
    even a tower we can call home like the homesteads but for free would be nice n would show king's appreciation
    anyway we should get something really nice when we bring down the dark lord!
    (ofc i dont mean a fancy looking pice of outfit).

overlooking my proposal

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    Hytbold?

MoL
    Hytbold is not bad but its n open world with nothing to do after comleting it n getting the Thane tittle.
    I was rethinking about it to something, i believe, is more easy to be done.
    A neighborhood style area, with dailly quests!
    the story could be something like this:
    The King Ellesar, thankfull of our efforts n dedication is rewarding us with some land, at the hills, SW of the sea of Rhun,
    (i ve seen a map showing n establishment west of the sea of Rhun).
    Followed by a small force of soldiers, or whatever adventurers we may gother,
    (could be npcs we have met n helped on our way to mordor),
    we have to defeat the remained easterling forces, still there,
    (this could be a new epic book quest),
    to rebuild the old easterling tower n defend from that tower the easter borders of Gondor!
    the rewards could be skirmish points assuming that the small force we lead is companion style n we can upgrade their skills n give them orders!
    We may gother materials to repair our stronghold as we like,
    (not the way we did in Hytbold, remind that every quest there was about a specific repair).
    You may add tiers. Completing each more people may join giving the opportunity of adding more buildings to the stronghold,
    such as cattle, sheeps, pigfarms, farms, crafting posts n so on.
    As we continue repairing we may add cattle n sheeps, farms n everything a camp needs to survive.
    Assuming that completing the war of the ring epic story, we move to the east,
    this Stonghold would be our connection to the west lands of the free people n a suitable reward for our efforts against the Sauron n his forces of darkness!

you know what would be epic if you can be at the festivities with Aragon and arena and the other peoples at the white tree

Also i would wish i you could rebuild numenor that would be a great quest imagine like 10% percantage for every kin or less i don't know
    also please let us elves also on boats to valinor and there we could settle

Quote Originally Posted by spucki View Post
    you know what would be epic if you can be at the festivities with Aragon and arena and the other peoples at the white tree

Also i would wish i you could rebuild numenor that would be a great quest imagine like 10% percantage for every kin or less i don't know
    also please let us elves also on boats to valinor and there we could settle
    i have to admit that boat usage is a rather ........exelent saggestion!

hello everyone!
    i m opening this thread after completing the u20 epic volume n feeling very upset about how small it was n the luck of a nice reward!
    i really want to see what you people believe it will be a propert reward of completing the final battle in the next update or expansion!
    i have something in my mind but i m looking forward to see your thoughts about it!
    goodday to all!
    Maybe King Aragorn will give us one of the Twilight Estates as he begins to rebuild Annuminas. At any rate, we won't have much time to lay about anyway, since we might be taking a trip to Harad. In that case he'll just give us some good riding boots and a 'godspeed'

Quote Originally Posted by elianidd2 View Post
    Maybe King Aragorn will give us one of the Twilight Estates as he begins to rebuild Annuminas. At any rate, we won't have much time to lay about anyway, since we might be taking a trip to Harad. In that case he'll just give us some good riding boots and a 'godspeed'
    lol mate
    pitty this is the most sure of all ..........
    we propably getting a fancy looking clok or outfit
    n a title or maybe, if they have a good mood n the sales
    of the high elf are good, we r getting a horse too,
    as we did in volume 1 SoA, or a painting of Aragon n Arwen to match with the one of Amarthiel.
    i hope they dont wait for a wedding present.............. ...........
    Last edited by Valakircka; May 03 2017 at 10:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2