We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

May Opt to Return to PvMP: is it best to just transfer if the population on my server is low?

Hey guys, long time pvper thinking about a return. I understand the state of this game, as are all games at this age, is fizzling out. With the 10 year anniversary coming up and having not played pvp seriously in a few years, I thought about coming back. However, as I've heard/seen from a few times popping in, most servers (mine in particular which was actually a top 5 populated pvp server before) have died or have been dying.

I just wanted to ask the question I stated in my post: is it best to just transfer to another server if the population on my server is low? It's been my home for almost 10 years and I have some great memories there, but a lot of people I've known have transferred and logging on my server now, I recognize none of the names, so it's kinda like I'm on a new server to begin with haha. Of course, that's when people are actually on, which is far and few in between.

So I just wanted to ask these follow-up questions:

What is/are the most populated servers in this game for pvp?
    How is the consistency of the pvp (day-time, night-time action good, or fluid throughout the day)?
    What kind of action can I expect in regards to raiding, small-grouping, solo?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    What is/are the most populated servers in this game for pvp?
    How is the consistency of the pvp (day-time, night-time action good, or fluid throughout the day)?
    What kind of action can I expect in regards to raiding, small-grouping, solo?

Thanks in advance.
    Arkenstone NA, Evernight EU, Arkenstone being busier.

Consistent, solo/small group action on off-hours (almost always at least a few dozen out at all times), very heavy action during peak weekends (especially when people are finished gearing).

Soloing/small-grouping is very difficult during peak, but it can be done if you have patience. Creepside is pretty cancerous when it comes to call outs, as 90% of the soloers have quit the game. Freepside callouts aren't as bad because OOC is quieter. Both sides desperately need leadership. Raiding is usually a shuffle.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

if you play lotro for the pvp, you're doing it wrong asf lmao

Wherever you go, king Z is there .........
    I' am KingZ, Killerhealer, Crowarg and Ganakus.
    ADD ME ON PS5 - Kingcrowarg -
    Hello to my friends in ex Public Enemies, Champions of Middle Earth, War Wargs and B'astards Inglorius.

Back for awhile myself and considering transferring some creeps. Which server is the has the busiest pvp the most nights per week?

Quote Originally Posted by Caderly View Post
    Back for awhile myself and considering transferring some creeps. Which server is the has the busiest pvp the most nights per week?
    Wow, Cadderly, there's a name from Silverlode's distant past! Good to see you're still alive and kicking!!

Arkenstone has the most activity, but it can be zergy. As is anything it is what you make of it.

Would love to see you out there again!
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 Mini < RETIRED // ACTIVE > Ursamajor Beorn // Babayaga LM // Kleptomania Burg // (Anor)

Quote Originally Posted by MAJAHUND View Post
    Wherever you go, king Z is there .........
    who dat?

Quote Originally Posted by lance20100 View Post
    if you play lotro for the pvp, you're doing it wrong asf lmao
    If play mmorpg for pve and story you are doing it wrong.Go to single player rpg. :P Some of us want to be warriors of Sauron freep. :P

Busier =/= better

Figure out what server is more fun regardless of the population. There are some groups I don't like playing with because they just seem to mindlessly run at the enemy falling for the same tricks over and over again. There are some groups I don't like playing against because as soon as they're losing they'll recruit a bunch of players to overwhelm you with numbers (despite the fact they had superior numbers to begin with). Some people are fun to play with because they're smart and use some strategy. Some are fun to play against even if they're better than you because they don't try and overwhelm you with numbers.

From reading some of the comments here I'd say there's one server I'd never want to play on.