We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mines of Moria Special Edition YEEES!

Managed to snap this up on Amazon, brand new/sealed, As a collector, I had been looking for this for quite some time, so was very pleased to finally track one down in the wild.

I'll be doing an unboxing video shortly, for anyone who's interested in seeing the goodies from this edition.
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

Neonera is offline Crimson Nightmare
    Lady Sverolind
    I would not unwrap it tbh. I have a sneaky suspicion that due to that 'Codemasters' logo that the codes etc will not work.

Oh, that's certain (or at least I'm very sure about that). It would nice if they do, however there are plenty of other goodies in the box.
    Last edited by Lambtron; Apr 09 2017 at 07:15 AM.
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

Ah, the golden Codemasters days. I miss them tbh.
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

I have SoA boxed that I got originally but all other expansions I got via digital. Still love the little manual and stuff they gaved to us. Shows how drastically game changed. I remember seeing MoM in shops but when I got digial didn't need collectors edition. Shame I didn't purchase one back then. If i remember right those collectors edition boxes went to like 20e sale few months after release because nobody purchased them in local lol.
    I just get everything digital for easiness sake these days and also it's faster to download 60gb game than walk to a shop/post and install the game after.

Can't make whos award that is on the front but quite funny that.

Cost me 15 quid, free postage. I'm quite sure that it cost more when it was available at retail, and I consider that a good deal.

As for the award, here's a close up:

Very cool. I spent a good while looking for this and a few other CE versions before being able to find them. Great price!
    Many things get all my nope.

Did the codes work for you, Jake?

I was lucky enough at the meet and greets I did in Florida a few years back to be gifted one of these by the dev team (signed by all the devs that worked on Moria) as well as all the soundtrack CDs signed by Chance Thomas. Now if I can find a SoA Box on the cheap my collection will be complete.

All in all gratz on finding something this awesome

10. Apr 09 2017, 10:12 AM

I still have mine only opened once to install the game with the disks before this game was downloadable iirc. ever since then its been sitting with the rest of my small collection of games still in the original boxes. recently I moved them into a dresser drawer for safe keeping. Congrats in your find, very Cool!

Amazing find ! Very very cool

A follow up (several years down the line), as I've seen a number of reddit posts of people claiming that some codemasters keys work with hyphens removed. Can anyone confirm this, please? If this is true, I might very well be able to get my hands on these items!

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    I was lucky enough at the meet and greets I did in Florida a few years back to be gifted one of these by the dev team (signed by all the devs that worked on Moria) as well as all the soundtrack CDs signed by Chance Thomas. Now if I can find a SoA Box on the cheap my collection will be complete.

All in all gratz on finding something this awesome
    I bet you got that soon after I got mine! Sapience was on his way South to Florida, just before HD launched. Although I had bought the boxed version of MoM back in 2007 it is nice to have this collectors version signed by the ole Turbine crew. The cloth map of Moria is really cool as well as a few other things.

Wait a minute .... my soundtrack CD doesn't have Chance's signature! Ah well I think you had twice the number that we had at our meet n greet. Hopefully, y'all got some of those hooded cloaks too
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilan View Post
    I bet you got that soon after I got mine! Sapience was on his way South to Florida, just before HD launched. Although I had bought the boxed version of MoM back in 2007 it is nice to have this collectors version signed by the ole Turbine crew. The cloth map of Moria is really cool as well as a few other things.

Wait a minute .... my soundtrack CD doesn't have Chance's signature! Ah well I think you had twice the number that we had at our meet n greet. Hopefully, y'all got some of those hooded cloaks too
    When you got yours, was it a Codemasters version?