We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[NPC] Essence Alchemist (barter)

Over the course of time, I have collected a lot of Essences, had to store them, and finally had to throw them away - and it ate a lot of my storage space while a good deal of them weren't used at all. So I had the idea to install a means of reworking that would save space and make old essences still usable even when they are already obsolete.

Install a NPC that accepts essences (maybe only blues and golds, maybe from purple on), and turns them into something like the Essence Fragments of the festivals. These fragments would wander into the wallet and thus be stored without taking valuable space. Every time that you need an essence, you could barter them, maybe for a higher price than the newer ones, that is five tier seven fragments for a North Ithilien Essence Box, and if someon wants a gold essence, it is not only fifteen essence fragments, but also three Universal Solvents, or something of a similar kind, to make good for the effort that you put into the regular essences. The exchange should be voluntary, ie the essences shouldn't wander automatically into the (special) currency wallet, but only if you bring them to the Alchemist.

There are probably ways to improve the idea, and I would welcome any addition that helps to make it better. But I really wish there is a way to make the times useful that I ran through the Dol Amroth training instance, instead of virtually having to trash the essences of that time.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

I like this. This would be helpful for saving space.

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

I also think this would be very useful. Especially if the fragments could go into your wallet (or even only the Premium Wallet).
    Essences sure can take up a load of space.
    Heya! My name is Bruce; I've been playing since right before Helm's Deep came out. Hope to keep playing for many ages to come!

Good idea. Let's simplify it even further...

Have the NPC refine the essences into Essence Shards (can't think of a good name offhand, so I'll refer to them as ES) in the same way that a Relic Master can refine LI Relics into Shards. Make it a fixed conversion rather than having a crit chance and setup the panel so that you highlight a type you have in inventory and click barter button until that stack is gone. Each barter awards you ES according to tier times a multiplier. The multipliers are 1-4 for Minor through Supreme, respectively. For example, you get a Greater Essence of Power from a DA box. It would refine to 21 ES (tier 7 times 3 for Greater type).

This would have the advantage of only adding one new line to the Wallet.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

As someone with an alt devoted to banking that's rapidly running out of space hording essences I may one day use, but would much rather put towards better essences............ YES.

It'll never happen (I mean, we don't even have use-all Item XP Runes yet lol) but I'd love to be able to trade in my junky essences and the older gold/teal ones for tokens I can use to buy the new ones. It'd make it far less grindy too, knowing that when a new essence update comes out you'll at least be able to trade in your old stuff and be a step towards new stuff.

Love this idea. It would be great to have a way to trade in old essences of all types and colours for something useful.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

I could go along with an option to barter tier 8 essences (and maybe tier 7 teal/gold) for an Ithilien Essence Fragment. But I dunno. Every time there's a cap raise you have to throw out all your gear pretty quickly. Essences are just more of the same.