We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Any of the old schoolers still out there?

Title says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherDamien2 View Post
    Title says it all.
    Sure, there's plenty of folks who can't move on!
    T h e W a r g P a c k i n g F a c e r o l l e r

Most serious PvMPers transferred to Arkenstone over the last year. I've been there since October 2016 and am very happy with my decision. The PvMP zones are always active, even to the detriment(lag) of the game. Some weekends Creep side maxes out on the number of players over there.

I still try to host an open raid 2-4 times a month.

It was tough to leave Landroval after 9 years, but if you really want to play in a vibrant PvMP zone, then I recommend you transfer your characters to Arkenstone.
    Foy Lee son of Budhorn- Rank 13.5 Guardian
    Landroval->Arkenstone
    The Adventure PvMP Movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZPrYZ_ap_s

Quote Originally Posted by jebus5434 View Post
    Most serious PvMPers transferred to Arkenstone over the last year. I've been there since October 2016 and am very happy with my decision. The PvMP zones are always active, even to the detriment(lag) of the game. Some weekends Creep side maxes out on the number of players over there.

I still try to host an open raid 2-4 times a month.

It was tough to leave Landroval after 9 years, but if you really want to play in a vibrant PvMP zone, then I recommend you transfer your characters to Arkenstone.

Thanks Foy

If I ever get the time to play again I may move over there.

Define old school? I was 8 when I started playing on day 1, but lost my chars when didn't transfer so started again. I'm still best cappy in game tbh.

Hello FD. Few of the old Landy gang left around, and things in the moors have changed. I am rarely out there any more, but on the few nights I have ventured out, I have found some fun fights.
    ~Pouncy
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Cool

I essentially stopped playing LOTRO over a year ago, and have not felt like getting back into it. Playing a game since November 2007 until last year was a long time for me. Also, the 2nd pvmp zone that they created was kinda disconcerting considering that there were so many ideas that players had over the years for a new zone, and the devs pretty much just built one long push/push back zone. I have been catching up on Resident Evil games, and some FPS shooters, as well as the Force Unleashed games. Hope everyone is having fun!

Medwulf / Durrga / Vei
    Durrga R13 Hunter /Medwulf R10 Champ / Vei the Burg R9

Hello FatherDamien,
    (Freep)Vinlassis here. There have been a lot of old schoolers popping in to say hello and play for a bit, lately. It's always great to see players from long ago. I have often wondered how you have been in the real world, this may be a game but I have developed many friendships over the years from exactly this game. I hope all is well for you in RL. Stop by Creepside sometime and say hello!
    Chili.

9 years and still waiting to get to Mt Doom ...

I rarely see old timers on anymore, but then again, I'm rarely on as well. I come on when I have free time, but these recent updates have made things pretty disappointing, so I have to debate if it's really worth it to log on most of the time. Hardly ever see fat dwarves running around anymore, it's mostly burglars and hunters and minis/beornings healing. There's a bunch of new guys though, not sure if some of them are older players under new names, it would be worth it to go out and shout certain names just to see if they answer.
    Eternal bonkins

~Nadyah, Venomvain, Temarine, Demri

hi minipied here ...miss landy but stop playing since a years and a half...miss my little creeps xx
    minipied minstrell 95
    wellan champion 53
    minhie rune-keeper 66

Yeah I miss smashing all the freeps.
    Burglartarget rank 15 wl, Brugael rank 14 spider, rank 11 warg, rank 10 ba, rank 10 mini, rank 8 defiler, rank 8 reaver, rank 8 runekeeper, rank 7 hunter, rank 7 burg

Quote Originally Posted by Maryse View Post
    hi minipied here ...miss landy but stop playing since a years and a half...miss my little creeps xx
    Mini!!
    Gaelbo/Hodurs

Quote Originally Posted by Elderas View Post
    Mini!!
    .....hi sweet heart xx
    minipied minstrell 95
    wellan champion 53
    minhie rune-keeper 66

I dont play anymore . The game finally pushed me away.

-Jetsu
    FEAR IS NOT REAL Jetsu RANK 12 SnH *

Was thinking about hoping on my wl in the next few weeks.
    Burglartarget rank 15 wl, Brugael rank 14 spider, rank 11 warg, rank 10 ba, rank 10 mini, rank 8 defiler, rank 8 reaver, rank 8 runekeeper, rank 7 hunter, rank 7 burg

Played Lotro since BETA, still have a lifetime account. Way back when people made $ off a bugged farming skill, and people got 1 shotted trying to run past the watching stones in Angmar.

When I started playing PVMP, during shadows of angmar, minstrels had no attack skills and could only heal (same with warleaders). There was no shared group infamy so healers got it bad. Spiders could burrow under HH bridge and logout (bugged) This was long before Flags, Outposts, Hotspots in the moors. The elf camp to STAB battles had just begun!

Started as a Minstrel Marvel, on Silverlode which got boring quick. I created Vennomous, Gwar, Neversoft, Livid and played for years on Silverlode. When I got bored of the game my ex wife started playing and created a minstrel Bela not sure what server cant remember which she loved.

Now that I was forced to transfer, I am on Landy under Chewbarka. I login once every 3 - 6 months for a few hours. Say hi to old friends, and annoy a few freeps while doing so. I have no intentions on playing the game again, as it pushed me away years ago.

Have had the pleasure of playing with people such as Maggotmeat from the start, who has made this game once enjoyable. Still good to catch up with old friends, too bad its on a game that will soon be a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedon View Post
    Hello FD. Few of the old Landy gang left around, and things in the moors have changed. I am rarely out there any more, but on the few nights I have ventured out, I have found some fun fights.
    ~Pouncy
    Hey Pounce! I've been on Ark but haven't played in about 6 months...been getting the itch but Ark is a zergfest. Was hoping some some people were still around making a transfer back worth it.

Hi mini and everyone else I missed.
    The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.
    Hinellas R15 Darkthreat R5 Landroval Riddles in the Dark
    Mezmorized R4 Riddermark Lake Evendim Swim Team
    Breathmint - R6 Landroval Rootcanal -R5 Riddermark

Quote Originally Posted by hinellas View Post
    Hey Pounce! I've been on Ark but haven't played in about 6 months...been getting the itch but Ark is a zergfest. Was hoping some some people were still around making a transfer back worth it.

Mostly small groups out now a days. Rarely a full raid, it makes for fun fights, but some nights there aren't enough out. Come on back, we miss Riddles. Biggest need for freeps atm are some more people to lead groups.
    Landy Horrorbuisness BA 9
    Arkenstone Redrighthand WL 14

Quote Originally Posted by hinellas View Post

Come back Hiney, we miss you.
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

I usually get drunk enough every 3-4 months to pop on and mess around. That's about it though. Haven't upgraded my computer in like 6-7 years though, so it gets rough when I do come on. I can't believe this game is still going though.

I just brew beer now instead.
    Darkrain / Ghostdog / Bettyford
    Pouncing Pwny - Landroval

Aroooooooo Creeps!

Blakfur/Whyplash here
    Just popped on yesterday for the first time in 3+ years didnt recognize anyone.

I guess folks moved off Landy and out of LOTRO.

Miss the good ol days!

BK

Karathyn still here!

With about 20 alts.

Anyone on Overwatch?
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Omnia illa et ante fiebant, omnia illa et ante fient
    Ita dicimus omnes

Quote Originally Posted by Anarionadama View Post
    Karathyn still here!

With about 20 alts.

Anyone on Overwatch?
    I am !

Jetsu
    FEAR IS NOT REAL Jetsu RANK 12 SnH *

I've only wandered back a few times since I left awhile back. I think about returning, but life...
    Last edited by tykoshi; Aug 07 2017 at 11:30 PM.
    PUPTRIPPZ, former Suicidal Warg Squad

PALAMARK, formerly known as Wargbait

26. Aug 11 2017, 06:40 AM

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast