We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Hi.
    That,Rashka girl;
    My UI causes people to make vomit noises.
    I murder people's well thought out names. I always master loot.
    I go into robot voice, a lot. So much so that now my Kinship and raiding team call me Navbot, the robot overlord.
    I love rp.
    I pvp to techno.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherDamien2 View Post
    Title says it all.
    Yeah. I think it is because I have a life time membership. Started on Silverload with the "Fat Smoking Hobbits" and in the Moors in the warg pack of the "Army of the Eye." On Landy now. Remember when getting to Rivendell and the Forochel expansion was a big deal.
    Last edited by Merridew; Nov 09 2017 at 08:23 PM.

I don't play Sune or Alaster anymore. I'm still around playing PvE everyday on my LM Sinstar doing completionist stuff.
    Alaster
    Sune
    Sinstar
    Sinistar

I am here. Tried to log in a few times but could not see any recognizable names. There was no action either, seemed all dead to me.

Cheers

- Since 07

Hi guys, hope all are having fun wherever they went after lotro pvmp.
    --Snarfy

Been gone for years, but lately have felt nostalgic. I may come and poke around for a while, but judging by the forum activity (what happened to the MS Paint thread??? *cries*) I'm not really expecting much. I miss old Landy, miss the Moors and how it used to be, and I don't know if I'm still even going to have my name when it finishes updating. I hope I'll see at least one familiar face out there, freep or creep.
    Landroval: Daizee (retired) playful warg of the 'moors / Tilla the Lore master / Daiska the Guardian
    Anor: Bresa the Champion

If they would offer permanent access to moors Freepside....
    been in moors too long... Jimmycake
    Better to be noticed by actions than words.
    Now Streaming via twitch @ https://www.twitch.tv/cow_tippin_mike

I've been in and out over the years, but mostly only log on for festivals. It's the horses. I'm addicted. As for the forums, my ability to uhhh ... participate ... has only been renewed as of recent. Shyma (Bashel) and I pretty much exclusively duo PvE content, for as sad and pathetic as that is. So, all that to say, "hey". Still out there, albeit infrequently.
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Villain, Storm of the Valar
    Moinuk, BA

OPHY!!!!
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Ill be back soon Pouncy. Be ready for #nerdbash2018

I log in on rabid once in awhile. Most of the time dont recognize anyone. Tried ark, but its just as dead there except night time raids happen. mainly play Smite and GW2.

Hello Wil!
    Been a long time. Hope all is well in RL. Always good to see the old crews.

~Vinlassis/Chilicheese

Quote Originally Posted by jebus5434 View Post
    Most serious PvMPers transferred to Arkenstone over the last year. I've been there since October 2016 and am very happy with my decision. The PvMP zones are always active, even to the detriment(lag) of the game. Some weekends Creep side maxes out on the number of players over there.

I still try to host an open raid 2-4 times a month.

It was tough to leave Landroval after 9 years, but if you really want to play in a vibrant PvMP zone, then I recommend you transfer your characters to Arkenstone.
    I remember when you were just a twinkle in my eye.

FYI - this list is truly only 6 names. No one else is old school. Quit pretending. I was Rank 8 for six months (after I had quit) before someone passed me.

1) Ryan
    2) Eclipso
    3) Blacksparrow
    4) Yargax
    5) Warginator
    6) Gobblemoss

-Ryan
    The Best Freep There Ever Was Or Will Be.
    Ryan. Rank 8 Captain(Pre-Book12) Retired 1/29/08. RIP Fun PvMP
    I have given these matters long study. One by one, we have considered each possible theory. One by one, we have eliminated them all. We were left with what can only be the truth.
    Ryan is a half-orc. - The Spider Queen Gobblemoss

I checked a few months ago to see what's happening, there are moments where I just walk around the map, collect Stones, kill slugs etc.. Seems like my freep kin has been disbanded as well. Good people, good memories. If you are reading this I say "Hello" to you and much respect.

Regards

Teuton
    Teuton
    Mercyless aka Havemercy
    Guardians of the Dagorlad

Quote Originally Posted by Teuton View Post
    I checked a few months ago to see what's happening, there are moments where I just walk around the map, collect Stones, kill slugs etc.. Seems like my freep kin has been disbanded as well. Good people, good memories. If you are reading this I say "Hello" to you and much respect.

Regards

Teuton

Come out to the Moors on Tuesday and Thursday nights around 8pm/server time (EST)

Quote Originally Posted by Skoch View Post
    Come out to the Moors on Tuesday and Thursday nights around 8pm/server time (EST)
    Noted friend. Cheers
    Teuton
    Mercyless aka Havemercy
    Guardians of the Dagorlad

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidus View Post
    I remember when you were just a twinkle in my eye.

FYI - this list is truly only 6 names. No one else is old school. Quit pretending. I was Rank 8 for six months (after I had quit) before someone passed me.
    So, game opened April 24, 2007, you retired 1/29/08, that's less than seven months of PvP activity, probably more like four or five on the high end, being condescending to a PvPer like Foy of 9 years and counting, because you happened to Freep during SoA, when Creeps were intended by Devs for being Zerg fodder, and before later SoA ("RIP Fun PvMP") and Moria buffed Creeps? Hell, wasn't much of the Creep side, here on Landy, literal role players back then, so you essentially earned R8 off a bunch of Cosplayers?
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r14 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    So, game opened April 24, 2007, you retired 1/29/08, that's less than seven months of PvP activity, probably more like four or five on the high end, being condescending to a PvPer like Foy of 9 years and counting, because you happened to Freep during SoA, when Creeps were intended by Devs for being Zerg fodder, and before later SoA ("RIP Fun PvMP") and Moria buffed Creeps? Hell, wasn't much of the Creep side, here on Landy, literal role players back then, so you essentially earned R8 off a bunch of Cosplayers?
    He's also the best PvP'er no debate. Lol

Landroval was a fun server. Is Dragonfly, Elrond's Breakfast Club (those 2 being the ones I remember because of friends - speaking of which what happened to Zesty?), or any of the other old-time oriented kins still around other than SoN? Or players from each formed a new one?

I just logged into Gnersk for the first time in months. Nothing. Silence. Switched to freep. Same. Nary a peep. Does ANYONE PvMP on Landroval anymore?
    Various Hobbits, Thwilda the dwarf lass, and Gnersk, Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfriedpf View Post
    I just logged into Gnersk for the first time in months. Nothing. Silence. Switched to freep. Same. Nary a peep. Does ANYONE PvMP on Landroval anymore?
    Tuesday and Thursday nights around 8pm/Server (EST). and yeah, we pvmp all the time

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellCommunity View Post
    Landroval was a fun server. Is Dragonfly, Elrond's Breakfast Club (those 2 being the ones I remember because of friends - speaking of which what happened to Zesty?), or any of the other old-time oriented kins still around other than SoN? Or players from each formed a new one?
    Dragonfly was still around when Throne of the Dread Terror was released. That kin was dead af then, probably more so now if not dead already.

22. May 15 2018, 08:14 PM

23. May 15 2018, 08:32 PM

24. May 15 2018, 10:09 PM

Great fights tonight, Creeps and Freeps - wild RvR tonight - Thank you to all who participated! Cya Thursday night

26. May 15 2018, 11:33 PM

27. May 15 2018, 11:40 PM

Completely untrue, Kate. Creeps numbered at 22 when we logged our 14 Freeps because most of us have work in the morning. That is all. We had massive fights throughout the evening from 8:30pm onwards.
    Freeps with a fluctuating 20%-40% renown buff gain pulled roughly over 6k in 2.5hours of fighting. I cannot account for how much the creeps made as I played on freepside throughout the evening.
    I am sorry that you cannot find more action during the random times that you log-in to Landroval.

This will be the last time I ever read or reply you as I don't have the patience nor the will to carry on such silliness.

Buh-bye
    Its silly that you are making up such numbers and spreading the very disinformation you said you don't appreciate. Creeps never had 22. There is NEVER full raids of creeps on Landy. There is NO action at all during the day and there is very little to none outside of Tuesday evenings. There's NO epic raid v raid action on landy, if there was so many creep wouldn't have already transferred to arkenstone to begin with. A grams camp isnt considered good fights. The server is dead.

Edit: at the end of the night it was 10 freeps camping 4 creeps at grams when I logged.
    Last edited by Kate00; May 16 2018 at 12:00 AM.

Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Katetastrophe Rk 13 Warg, Kateaclysm Rk 15 defiler

29. May 16 2018, 09:43 AM

Completely untrue, Kate. Creeps numbered at 22 when we logged our 14 Freeps because most of us have work in the morning. That is all. We had massive fights throughout the evening from 8:30pm onwards.
    Freeps with a fluctuating 20%-40% renown buff gain pulled roughly over 6k in 2.5hours of fighting. I cannot account for how much the creeps made as I played on freepside throughout the evening.
    I am sorry that you cannot find more action during the random times that you log-in to Landroval.

This will be the last time I ever read or reply you as I don't have the patience nor the will to carry on such silliness.

Buh-bye

As childish as this back and forth is, Kate... (it's an online game...let's put some perspective out there) I have to back Skoch up. We raided for about an hour and a half before my friend and I decided to log and switch to leveling some alts.

I know you think you know everything about the moors, but you ditched for Ark. That's awesome. Doesn't mean Landy isn't thriving without you though. I fyou miss us enough to complain about us so much, to stand by "facts" that have clearly been proven wrong...maybe you should give in and meet us out on the moors. The "Moor" the merrier. (See what I did there?)

What were the numbers Skoch? 5 wargs, 4 defilers, 4 war leaders, 2 spiders, 2 reavers... mostly fought at TR and TR rez. We wiped, they wiped. Everyone was having a great time. Lag was killer though.

----
    -Idyll

I've been playing in the Moors a few nights a week for two months-ish now and I can vouch that no, Landy PvP is not dead.

There are definitely more than a handful of regulars (both creeps and freeps) keeping it going with some really fun fights.

Also - they're stellar people to play with. ...most of them. lol

What I don't understand is why this argument keeps going. "Is such-and-such server pvp dead?" Yes it is! No it's not! Random insults!

Honestly I don't think any server's pvp is bursting at the seams. And if this forum is any indication why - it stems from this weird obsession with not dying in-game that's the culprit.

You can't go one night in game or one scroll in forum without someone whinging on about OP burglars, CDG, grams/gv camps, heal stacking, etc.

It's the Moors. You're gonna die.

Hear me out - it's a simple formula. Go to the Moors - search for baddies (or goodies). Find someone, kill them. Or they kill you.

"But there's too many" - recruit friends. Moors thrive.

"But healz stacks" - recruit friends. Moors thrive.

"Warg packs!!" - recruit friends. Moors thrive.

"One shotting burgs!!" - Die. Recruit friends. Get vengeance. Moors thrive.

You don't want a GV/Grams camp? Don't do it yourself. Get out there and kill/die. That's how this whole merry-go-round works. Besides that camping / 1v1 / let's dance with the other side for a minute and fake fight stuff is a snoozefest. The only real reason I've ever logged from a raid night.

You're gonna die (I do alot). You're gonna win (I've done my fair share). But NOT if you don't actually play the game.

I don't understand any of these weird politics. Rivalries. Elitism (over gear, kin, skill level, ######-factor, whatever). "Back in my day...the REAL Moors." "No YOUR server is dead." That tripe is exhausting. I get enough caustic garbage IRL.

That's why I come out to hang with you people. So for Sagan's Sake - let's be friends and kill each other.

-Pak

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast