We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantion View Post
    Oh I agree- there should be -some- form of hype. But remember, its very tricky. For 1 thing, we're not getting MOOOOORRRRDDDDDOOOOOORRRRR! We're getting post-Ring-destruction, just plain, Mordor. It gets a bit tricky- and this ain't the devs' fault. It's the lore. In "Battle for Middle-Earth" I and II by EA, there were film-based Mordor maps: but the lore was suspended in those cases. So you'd have large armies of Gondorians and such running around and fighting in Mordor. SSG, who is adhering far more closely to the books, can't get away with that sort of thing. So.... how do you hype-up a desolate wasteland in the aftermath of a Dark Lord's ruin? Post-apocalyptic Mordor.... hahahaha. The precise opposite of "Shadow of Mordor"'s -right-before-Sauron-rises-again- moments. Tis tricky.

So, I think.... yes, they need to hype it somehow, but they need to hype it realistically. The expansion might not quite be ready for that level of hype just yet- they've got a long road ahead of them.... Maybe that's why they are holding-back and waiting to let us see what they've got on Bullroarer next Friday- to see not a hyped-up-finished-product-that-will-never-be-finished-like-Helm's-Deep, but what they've really got: a work in progress.......

To peachy16 about the bugs- yeah, I know- that's the problem. I wasn't accusing anyone of "not bugging" stuff..... I've admittedly had troubles doing much of that in the smaller updates for similar reasons. I was only aiming to sort of figure, hey, its SSG's first expansion, really, now that Turbine and WB are gone..... I guess I'm kind of hoping that the general responsiveness to bugs will change now that its SSG and not Turbine- a naive little hope on my part. We'll know if bugged stuff gets ignored in further Beta builds.....................
    One does not simply tune down their expectations of Mordor after SSG announced they are making an expansion precisely because they want to do justice to Mordor. However, in light of Turbine's last two expansions, RoR and HD, I'm willing to reconsider and I'm willing to say that I'll be happy with any outcome other than LOLdor. If it's just an empty wasteland, so be it. If it's an alt-hating, character-bound hell of a grindfest that fuses Rohan's mistakes with Gondor's shortcomings, I will be much less pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetzim View Post
    One does not simply tune down their expectations of Mordor after SSG announced they are making an expansion precisely because they want to do justice to Mordor. However, in light of Turbine's last two expansions, RoR and HD, I'm willing to reconsider and I'm willing to say that I'll be happy with any outcome other than LOLdor. If it's just an empty wasteland, so be it. If it's an alt-hating, character-bound hell of a grindfest that fuses Rohan's mistakes with Gondor's shortcomings, I will be much less pleased.
    Personally (and I know everyone has their own opinion) I'd like to see a really challenging end-game zone that looks at reducing the grind and bringing us back in other ways, in some ways making it reasonable enough to have alts, because at current it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Personally (and I know everyone has their own opinion) I'd like to see a really challenging end-game zone that looks at reducing the grind and bringing us back in other ways, in some ways making it reasonable enough to have alts, because at current it is not.
    I second this.

Yes- I absolutely agree.

Yeah- I really hope it won't be "LOLdor" or another grind-fest either. That grind has to go. I agree on the need for good end-game also- even if they pull an OD. How about the raid gets a forced /faint and "dreams" their way through pre-destruction Barad-dur just like Halls of Night and the Durin's Bane / Fear Wing sequence in OD? That way, we'd get some form of "MOOOORRRRDDDDOOOORRR" without breaking the lore- because you can get away with so much in the dream or vision motif. Look how they handled Book 4 at Minas Tirith with the Siege of Gondor- that was pure genius!!! But even if its not dream-Barad-dur, yes I'm curbing that expectation- so long as the end-game's challenging and fun, I'm happy.

But yeah- they are very smart to let us... find-out this coming Friday... what's going-on with Mordor. From there, we'll see how things move forward.

Believe it or not, I'm actually finding it quite hopeful that we -------------------don't----------------------have some major press release announcing: 50 MORE IMBUED LI TIERS / LEVELS! INTRODUCING 8-SOCKETED ESSENCE ARMOR!!! INTRODUCING AN UPDATED TRAIT-TREE SYSTEM! BEHOLD, MOUNTED COMBAT IS EXTENDED BY 120 LEVELS!!!

Oh what a relief! Praise the Valar, SSG hasn't made any such ludicrous, awful, horrific, game-destroying, announcements!!! Yay!!!!

We're in agreement, from what I can see. I want more hype- but NOT, I repeat, NOT, along the lines of my sarcastic parody above!!! I want to see the grind reduced! A movement away from essence armor! Less of a crazy emphasis on imbued LI's! (*expect -some- new tiers though- because a level cap increase would necessitate a further balancing between LI stamina / DPS ability and landscape and instance mobs and bosses).

So yeah, all statements on reducing the grind- third'ed.
    Landroval player; I am Phantion on the forums only and do not have a corresponding character in-game with that name on any server. Cheers! :)

Angry Ok now just ... stop it!

Oh I agree- there should be -some- form of hype. But remember, its very tricky. For 1 thing, we're not getting MOOOOORRRRDDDDDOOOOOORRRRR! We're getting post-Ring-destruction, just plain, Mordor. It gets a bit tricky- and this ain't the devs' fault. It's the lore. In "Battle for Middle-Earth" I and II by EA, there were film-based Mordor maps: but the lore was suspended in those cases. So you'd have large armies of Gondorians and such running around and fighting in Mordor. SSG, who is adhering far more closely to the books, can't get away with that sort of thing. So.... how do you hype-up a desolate wasteland in the aftermath of a Dark Lord's ruin? Post-apocalyptic Mordor.... hahahaha. The precise opposite of "Shadow of Mordor"'s -right-before-Sauron-rises-again- moments. Tis tricky.

So, I think.... yes, they need to hype it somehow, but they need to hype it realistically. The expansion might not quite be ready for that level of hype just yet- they've got a long road ahead of them.... Maybe that's why they are holding-back and waiting to let us see what they've got on Bullroarer next Friday- to see not a hyped-up-finished-product-that-will-never-be-finished-like-Helm's-Deep, but what they've really got: a work in progress.......

To peachy16 about the bugs- yeah, I know- that's the problem. I wasn't accusing anyone of "not bugging" stuff..... I've admittedly had troubles doing much of that in the smaller updates for similar reasons. I was only aiming to sort of figure, hey, its SSG's first expansion, really, now that Turbine and WB are gone..... I guess I'm kind of hoping that the general responsiveness to bugs will change now that its SSG and not Turbine- a naive little hope on my part. We'll know if bugged stuff gets ignored in further Beta builds.....................
    I'm pretty happy with it in part, and obviously many (especially me) have many hopes in Mordor but not too Hipy because after the last 2 expansions as you mentioned, the level of content is down and down a lot and I can confirm it because (Though not too much) I have experienced those expansions and I have also seen the evolution of the mentality and desire to play players, I believe but I am convinced and will continue to do that HD has completely ruined the community of Raiders and party fellow and -game with the BB's ... which pattyroppoppo with the next 3 pudate before mordor to do impersonate the community by creating only intro guild groups, which I always hated this thing..ok whether you want to play guild agree but let's count That many players play alone and many are also in ghost guilds and therefore not everyone can play End-game, but the real problem is that this mental degradation in trying to make t2 over time and worsening, So today I see no one who at least tries to make osgiliath t2 c, many have told me that after you do it once does not make any sense to do so then? For me and just an excuse not to do it ... he has ... and yet the FI make them all to be not in t2 because too much difficle, do you know the truth? No one wants to do more than the t2 because people become too lazy and tired to play a T2c! But and so and so! I played RoR when I started playing, I always saw parties at Snowborn or Bree for Yorbars talk or seat of the great Goblin! Because in those days doing the t2 was fun and made you pug! But then the equipment was different and you did not have to go crazy to catch the stat !, now to get some equipment and cover the LIs and a madness! I miraculously sucked it all (more or less) with my Hunter mane, but I would have another 9 pg of which 2 to 105 and 1 to 78 which I do not have the strength to level my alt! And a mere folly madness !, you have added many facilities like daily MT or Itlhlien but not enough and comuqnue always too expensive and grinding the system! I read that with Mordor SSG understands that if they want to bring new players, they have to make the game fun and fun, not a job where you have to be 24 hours, I hate the talk of people saying, SSG does not care Pubbicity etc ... I do not want to believe, and put it to say again that they are the same as turbines, they are the same team but they have no fault stop thinking about the past, think about the future! Life is made of camouflage and even in games there can be some changes so ficcatevelo in the head ...

Yes- I absolutely agree.

Yeah- I really hope it won't be "LOLdor" or another grind-fest either. That grind has to go. I agree on the need for good end-game also- even if they pull an OD. How about the raid gets a forced /faint and "dreams" their way through pre-destruction Barad-dur just like Halls of Night and the Durin's Bane / Fear Wing sequence in OD? That way, we'd get some form of "MOOOORRRRDDDDOOOORRR" without breaking the lore- because you can get away with so much in the dream or vision motif. Look how they handled Book 4 at Minas Tirith with the Siege of Gondor- that was pure genius!!! But even if its not dream-Barad-dur, yes I'm curbing that expectation- so long as the end-game's challenging and fun, I'm happy.

But yeah- they are very smart to let us... find-out this coming Friday... what's going-on with Mordor. From there, we'll see how things move forward.

Believe it or not, I'm actually finding it quite hopeful that we -------------------don't----------------------have some major press release announcing: 50 MORE IMBUED LI TIERS / LEVELS! INTRODUCING 8-SOCKETED ESSENCE ARMOR!!! INTRODUCING AN UPDATED TRAIT-TREE SYSTEM! BEHOLD, MOUNTED COMBAT IS EXTENDED BY 120 LEVELS!!!

Oh what a relief! Praise the Valar, SSG hasn't made any such ludicrous, awful, horrific, game-destroying, announcements!!! Yay!!!!

We're in agreement, from what I can see. I want more hype- but NOT, I repeat, NOT, along the lines of my sarcastic parody above!!! I want to see the grind reduced! A movement away from essence armor! Less of a crazy emphasis on imbued LI's! (*expect -some- new tiers though- because a level cap increase would necessitate a further balancing between LI stamina / DPS ability and landscape and instance mobs and bosses).

So yeah, all statements on reducing the grind- third'ed.
    But BASE .. BASE really ... you know that mordor will have 10 levels? I know that it is normal to speculate on the new content that is coming in, but as I have already told many people and I will tell it to the melee nausea we know almost "0" we only know that there will be new models of ideas Characters and tall elves and only that one, just put that up with these speeches on "mordor will have the cap to 115" (which i hope no why i hate odd levels in the games i know i not finished and left in half) or other Things, we do not waste anything, so be as good and quiet as I do, do not feel too much like hyperactive kids and wait for you Thursday and Friday to see us finally something, and do not even say that update 21 does not bite 21 "is" MORDOR !.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

6. Jun 18 2017, 08:41 PM

I'm wondering if any lessons have been learnt after stuffing so much into recent updates' areas that have had many of us complaining of client/server performance?

Do we still have people (person) working on performance and vastly more doing their best to make it worse still?

Are the more detailed character models also going to impact on those of us who suffer poor performance and will we have the choice not to see or render new models' use by other players?

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix43 View Post
    I'm pretty happy with it in part, and obviously many (especially me) have many hopes in Mordor but not too Hipy because after the last 2 expansions as you mentioned, the level of content is down and down a lot and I can confirm it because (Though not too much) I have experienced those expansions and I have also seen the evolution of the mentality and desire to play players, I believe but I am convinced and will continue to do that HD has completely ruined the community of Raiders and party fellow and -game with the BB's ... which pattyroppoppo with the next 3 pudate before mordor to do impersonate the community by creating only intro guild groups, which I always hated this thing..ok whether you want to play guild agree but let's count That many players play alone and many are also in ghost guilds and therefore not everyone can play End-game, but the real problem is that this mental degradation in trying to make t2 over time and worsening, So today I see no one who at least tries to make osgiliath t2 c, many have told me that after you do it once does not make any sense to do so then? For me and just an excuse not to do it ... he has ... and yet the FI make them all to be not in t2 because too much difficle, do you know the truth? No one wants to do more than the t2 because people become too lazy and tired to play a T2c! But and so and so! I played RoR when I started playing, I always saw parties at Snowborn or Bree for Yorbars talk or seat of the great Goblin! Because in those days doing the t2 was fun and made you pug! But then the equipment was different and you did not have to go crazy to catch the stat !, now to get some equipment and cover the LIs and a madness! I miraculously sucked it all (more or less) with my Hunter mane, but I would have another 9 pg of which 2 to 105 and 1 to 78 which I do not have the strength to level my alt! And a mere folly madness !, you have added many facilities like daily MT or Itlhlien but not enough and comuqnue always too expensive and grinding the system! I read that with Mordor SSG understands that if they want to bring new players, they have to make the game fun and fun, not a job where you have to be 24 hours, I hate the talk of people saying, SSG does not care Pubbicity etc ... I do not want to believe, and put it to say again that they are the same as turbines, they are the same team but they have no fault stop thinking about the past, think about the future! Life is made of camouflage and even in games there can be some changes so ficcatevelo in the head ...

But BASE .. BASE really ... you know that mordor will have 10 levels? I know that it is normal to speculate on the new content that is coming in, but as I have already told many people and I will tell it to the melee nausea we know almost "0" we only know that there will be new models of ideas Characters and tall elves and only that one, just put that up with these speeches on "mordor will have the cap to 115" (which i hope no why i hate odd levels in the games i know i not finished and left in half) or other Things, we do not waste anything, so be as good and quiet as I do, do not feel too much like hyperactive kids and wait for you Thursday and Friday to see us finally something, and do not even say that update 21 does not bite 21 "is" MORDOR !.
    The way I see it, the only reason they are making MMOs is to make money. If you wanna make money, you have to make people spend as much time in your game as they possibly can. Different MMOs do different things to achieve this. Some produce weekly events that reward you for playing a lot, some - like LOTRO - dangle shiny objects and produce very easy, very repetitive grind by which to obtain them. The problem is when you do this at the expense of those who are trying to play for fun and the game ends up with nothing but grind (in a beautiful setting).

If you notice, Turbine/SSG have always taken great care to tend a grindy path that was easy for everyone to walk. Among the many instances available to us, there was always a Sammy or a Thorog that appealed to the masses by being quick and easy and, at the same time, killed the game for those who wanted to have fun. In recent examples, Osgiliath produced an infinitely bugged RC that provided the path of least resistance thus killing SL and Dome. Then, when this was no longer enough, they made a glitch that allowed even more lazy people to farm Morgul Crests in lvl50 runs that completely destroyed the prestige value of Faramir gear (if it ever had any). Then came Pelennor with its T1 gear-farms. In the meantime, they reduced T1 instance difficulty to the level of landscape for the sake of FIs and, one day, we just woke up to the fact that they removed extra loot from challenge chests thus killing what little T2c was still going on.

It is a terrible way to keep the masses playing by destroying the quality of the game. Unfortunately, I expect the same thing for Mordor, for they know no other way.

this expansion, the last of the epic story of the fellowship of the ring, is the path to what comes next!
    this expansion, the very 1st of ssg is the path to show in our community that they care for the product they took over from the previous company.
    to show that they are able to deliver great things!
    changing the looks of the characters is a nice 1st move n it was awaited for years
    ofc they should do MUCH more than this! what we want mostly is good content, not great coz the epic story comes to its end, but good content is recomended to keep the game running
    (well good content mean so many things, everyone has different in mind).
    about bugs. we all know that there would be bugs, hoping on not many, hoping on not something that will make the game go down.
    but having bags n correct them right away will show to the community what this group can do, not after months or ignoring us.!
    this content may bring new customers right away
    the high elf may bring new customers either, n if its a good builded race/class will attract even more, not to mention that will make old players to roll new toons n spend more money.
    its the 4rth age anything is possible from now on! new areas in east, south, north, filling the map of eriador n cleaning the current map of sauron's lieutenants. new instances, new enemies,
    new neghborhoods areas, cos the race of men will flourish!
    if they have the will, n play their cards right (bring content get customers get income), they can make this game the greatest mmo, even if the tolkiens story has ended!
    i started the game 10 years ago now i m 44 n my elder son have started playing this very game either. i admit i cant play the hours i used to, or raid as i was raiding but i intent to keep playing
    i hope they ll bring good content in this update n in the future n not kick us away......
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

I know ith might be a stupid question, but does anyone knows when Bullroarer open?

Quote Originally Posted by tristan1234563 View Post
    I know ith might be a stupid question, but does anyone knows when Bullroarer open?
    Yes, it's a stupid question! Especially because the answer is only a few posts above :-)

Friday

Post Uff ... this forum ... madness

Quote Originally Posted by danee593 View Post
    Friday
    Just partially on Friday open the server but... Thursday if I'm not mistaken as Good Cordovan said more posts on (<- previous pages) Thursday will make a live stream of an internal version of the devs (which will not be the product they will put in test on bulloare ) To see a preview, rumors rumors that there are still no elves in this preview and sebrerebe also the new pg models but I think they will also put them because they raga ... the 21 and Mordor ... update 21 = Mordor expansion.

How smart that you are =S ... remember... read,read,read before writing do not hurt a bit of reading the comments before answering so you are prepared and do not make useless-posts useless-and foolish comments that you then get rid of and get into injury =D.
    Last edited by Fenix43; Jun 20 2017 at 04:43 PM.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

The new character designs and animations:

Please, for the love of Eru, roll them out one race at a time, so you don't bug out the entire game on mordor release, and can fix animation bugs as we go without breaking something for everyone at once.

Maybe Elves first, then hobbits, men, and dwarves.

I feeeeeeeeel your pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Joetzim View Post
    I can't handle the suspense. There is a hype inside me that seeks to break out. Tiny cracks already appeared. I would scream but I'm wary of falling apart. They didn't show much. They didn't say much. They pretty much stonewalled. This, if anything, makes people speculate. It raises expectations. I secretely hope that the High Elf is more than just cosmetic appearance. I secretely hope for a new system that blows life back into the game, because it kind of feels like a carcass thrown ashore by the tide right now. Except we don't know if it's really a carcass or it can still be brought back to life.

There is a vacuum right now, where there should be tiny bits of information, teasers. And nature abhors a vacuum. So we fill it with our fantasies, hopes and expectations.

It was announced on Cordovan's stream with the Devs yesterday, during the Mordor Preview, that they would likely be releasing two race updates at a time. I don't remember the specifics/order, but Hobbits were in the second pair. Beornings were 5th in line. The character model updates will NOT be coming with the Mordor expansion, but will follow after.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    ... that they care for the product they took over from the previous company.
    LoL

You do understand that this is very same old company just with different name and publisher right ?

Quote Originally Posted by OMG_PEANUTS View Post
    Cordovan already said on Livestream + Interview on LOTRO Player's News that the beta on Bullroarer will be open, that the expansions lead up will be different from how it was done previously.
    I watched the Mordor video and they said Friday. Well its Friday at 9:23.10 AM and no character transfer yet and closed beta so far.

Quote Originally Posted by xEv1LTw1Nx View Post
    It was announced on Cordovan's stream with the Devs yesterday, during the Mordor Preview, that they would likely be releasing two race updates at a time. I don't remember the specifics/order, but Hobbits were in the second pair. Beornings were 5th in line. The character model updates will NOT be coming with the Mordor expansion, but will follow after.
    No, they said the character updates wouldn't be in this BR build. First would be man/elves and they will be in expac and on BR in one of the upcoming builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Legorfin View Post
    I watched the Mordor video and they said Friday. Well its Friday at 9:23.10 AM and no character transfer yet and closed beta so far.
    BR typically doesn't open till late afternoon/early evening Eastern US time.
    CAANWICK - Wardenist - Make Wardens Great Again!!! / CAANJOB - The Ettenmoors' worst Burglar / CAANJAAL - Hunter
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Forged in Flames-Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Theyaretakingthehobb View Post
    LoL

You do understand that this is very same old company just with different name and publisher right ?
    I just copied my character to bullroarer but still even can't update the client :/

it's not a good idea to copy your toons now. I wait before the update...

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo2026 View Post
    it's not a good idea to copy your toons now. I wait before the update...

seams its not going to be today or maybe early tommorow, in US is still thursday
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2