We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool [Gladden] Walk Into Mordor event

One does not simply WALK INTO MORDOR (but guess what, we’re walking into Mordor)

Where: Slag-Hills Ranger Camp in the Wastes [34.4S, 3.6W]
    When: Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 9pm server time
    What: Meet at the camp, ride to the Black Gate, switch from run to walk, and simply walk into Mordor.

Hosted by Rangers of the West. Direct all questions to Makaia. /joinchannel Mordorwalk
    Makaia - Elf Guard // Somain - Man Cap // Erchelm - Man Mini // Carneki - Hobbit Hunter
    Playing on Gladden & officer in Rangers of the West

We're glad this is still happening. Have fun!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We're glad this is still happening. Have fun!
    Having fun is literally kin rule 1!!!

From our kinsite:

Rule 1: This game is supposed to be fun. There are lots of different ways to have fun in this game.
    Reminder that anyone on Gladden with a character who can get to the Slag Hills is welcome to join us. I'm not sure what level the area is gated at, but if you are under 105, let our event coordinators know when you get there, and we'll try to arrange protection for you.

To Mordor!!!
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

I don't recall anything that will agro in that immediate area. The real problem may be if they haven't completed the epic to open the gate up, otherwise the archers will rain insta-death on them. And there's nothing we can do to protect them from that.

ETA: Just thought about it a little more, and I don't see any way lower level characters will be able to join us. As it is on Live, if we walk up to the gate, the archers unload on us. We'll have to complete the next chapter(s) of the Epic Books to get access where we can walk through. Lower levels won't have that available to them.
    Last edited by CDingler; Aug 01 2017 at 01:13 PM.
    CAANWICK - Wardenist - Make Wardens Great Again!!! / CAANJOB - The Ettenmoors' worst Burglar / CAANJAAL - Hunter
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Forged in Flames-Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by CDingler View Post
    I don't recall anything that will agro in that immediate area. The real problem may be if they haven't completed the epic to open the gate up, otherwise the archers will rain insta-death on them. And there's nothing we can do to protect them from that.

ETA: Just thought about it a little more, and I don't see any way lower level characters will be able to join us. As it is on Live, if we walk up to the gate, the archers unload on us. We'll have to complete the next chapter(s) of the Epic Books to get access where we can walk through. Lower levels won't have that available to them.
    Live to win!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxZVZgpmI0
    'Ú-damdir.' Welcome to the Fourth Age of this World - The game breaking days.
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West." <- This was even messed up too.

We had quite a crowd there last night. I decided to document the occasion. It's a good thing that someone knew the way.

https://youtu.be/ZJvVESDWtFQ
    Pineleaf Needles,

Skirmisher Director for LOTRO Players.

Remember to skirmish responsibly.

Thank you for the link!

Also, thank you to all the attendees. It was a fantastic turnout, and we had a blast.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by RaleyD View Post
    We had quite a crowd there last night. I decided to document the occasion. It's a good thing that someone knew the way.

https://youtu.be/ZJvVESDWtFQ
    Loved the commentary!

Thank you so much for coming along, and may the Needles News Network be providing coverage for Middle Earth far into the future!