We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zzbusch2 View Post
    Same issue as everyone else. Win 10 32 bit. Ran fine yesterday, even this morning b4 update.

Updated on my other PC. Win 7 32 bit, runs fine.
    My Vista 64 bit client stops working when I try to log into a server. (I know I have to upgrade it, but I don't have the $80 to do so).

My Win 8.1 64 bit laptop logs in no problem. My laptop heats up to fast so can't do anything serious on it..
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

Windows 7 Home Extended, 64-bit.
    I had exactly the same issue after the update: the client would just disappear without any error messages after selecting the server to enter; no related processes in the task manager.

Fiddling with the preferences file hasn't helped.

Thanks to the fix suggested by Dave46, I also renamed the d3d9.dll from the game directory, and after that I was able to run the game as normal.
    Spiders in V1 Pre-B13: 8-legged menace. B13: 8-legged bait. B14: 8-legged trap... no more! B15/MoM: 8-legged *splat!*
    Spiders in V2
    B7: We cope. B8: FotM? B9: 8-legged menace.
    Spiders in V3
    B3: Mourning for my hatchlings.

I've tried running as an admin, removing the userINI file, renaming the document-lotro file, and removing the d3d9.dll (which I don't have one so I couldn't test this), I've also tried using the reset graphics setting in the launcher, nothing has worked yet.

Does anyone know how to change the DX version without getting in game?

Quote Originally Posted by Maltalossewen View Post
    Thanks Amarantha, removing SweetFX fixed the issue for me.
    Apparently there is some DX9/10/11 issue with the update of today.
    Where are y'all finding this? And do I just remove SweetFX, or do I remove THAT and add something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Rossiter84 View Post
    Already using admin still nothing
    Yes but click the Game file and try it as sometimes the Permissions get changed on updates.

Quote Originally Posted by GondorZilla View Post
    Yes but click the Game file and try it as sometimes the Permissions get changed on updates.
    yea did that no go

Tried replacing the User Preferences file. Did not work. Guess I'll have to wait for the patch.
    Hamlet was right . . . but so was P.T. Barnum!

Quote Originally Posted by Artegall View Post
    Tried replacing the User Preferences file. Did not work. Guess I'll have to wait for the patch.
    Yea, I've tried the various suggestions in this thread, but no luck. I do hope the fix is in soon. I don't want to get behind on the Scavenger Hunt that I'm doing on my two main characters.

I tried everything what is mention in this thread. From Dev recommendation to delete Sweetfx or d3d9.dll..

Btw, tried sacrifice Hobbit to our lord and saviour Sauron - also dont work.
    Laurelin RP
    sTrolling in Lotro nearly 9 years
    Lumiere Aineias - Captain of Highest Quality
    Leader of Kinship: Orcs stole my lunch money

I renamed d3d9.dll, and now I'm in game.

Same thing running linux mint.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    I could play fine this morning European time. Logged off a few hours before update. Then just 20 min ago I tried to log-in.

1. I updated fine.

2. Typed in Acct name and Password and click Log In just fine.

3. Get to the serverlist just fine.

4. Chose my server and click play.

5. *bam* lotroclient has stopped working. That's in the usual error pop-up window and it starts searching for a solution online etc. No solution can be found and then asks if i want to send information to Microsoft in the usual Microsft windows pop-up which i don't want of course.

What did You break in this update ??? I run 32-bit windows. Same PC I have been able to play LoTRO on since 2007. My son is trying to update his client now to on his 64-bit win 7 to see if it works opn his PC.

Anyone else having this issue ???
    same thing running linux mint

yea did that no go
    Can you let me know how Technical you are and also where is your LOTRClient , which folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    The problem with updating to a new OS is that the new OS requires hardware that these older PCs don't have. Windows 10 wants twice as much RAM as my computer can hold, for instance. So it isn't as simple as just a new OS for everyone.
    Vista was a resource hog, Win7 fixed that, so any PC that could run Vista can run Win7 without any issues; and probably without having to update too many drivers, as many of the Win7 drivers were written for Vista.

Win8 thru 10, although I personally hate them, are also a lot easier on cpu use than Vista, so most Vista machines can run them - as long as there is driver support for your specific hardware.

I'm just trying to log in now......

And succeeded.

I suggest everyone having issues lists their hardware spec, av and firewall programs, to see if there are any commonalities. Previous issues have been caused by F-Secure, WinDefender, ZoneAlarm, and various gfx drivers from both AMD and Nvidea.

Quote Originally Posted by GondorZilla View Post
    Can you let me know how Technical you are and also where is your LOTRClient , which folder?
    It is in the same place it has been for 6 years and has worked fine for all of them until today

C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online

I have tried all the fixes and none have worked how much more technical do you need ?

It is in the same place it has been for 6 years and has worked fine for all of them until today

I have tried all the fixes and none have worked how much more technical do you need ?
    After the change over, the game now resides in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online

It's worth doing a Copy of the

To the new location and try running the game client from it, if you get Firewall msg, do Private only not Public.

Works fine for me. Quick suggestion that I ALWAYS do after an update, defrag your game directory with IObit Smart Defrag. Solves a lot of problems to keep your game directory as unfragmented as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Vista was a resource hog, Win7 fixed that, so any PC that could run Vista can run Win7 without any issues; and probably without having to update too many drivers, as many of the Win7 drivers were written for Vista.

Win8 thru 10, although I personally hate them, are also a lot easier on cpu use than Vista, so most Vista machines can run them - as long as there is driver support for your specific hardware.

I'm just trying to log in now......

And succeeded.

I suggest everyone having issues lists their hardware spec, av and firewall programs, to see if there are any commonalities. Previous issues have been caused by F-Secure, WinDefender, ZoneAlarm, and various gfx drivers from both AMD and Nvidea.

How does this have anything to do with the fact that I played ALL DAY yesterday, as I have for months, with NO ISSUES; yet today there was a "patch" and NOW am getting the error message "Lotroclient has stopped working"

Something got messed up in their patch today - I am not deleting, renaming, juggling, jiggling anything until I hear from the powers that are what to do about THEIR MISTAKE.
    All the fluff, all the time.

I decided to do a complete reinstall. Which had nothing to do with the problem that cropped up today.

Anyway, I say that to say this:

I got the game started by getting rid of the d3d9.dll file.

So, apparently, whatever changes they made today rendered SweetFX obsolete, at least for me.

Going to ReShade now.
    True character is not something shaped from without, or put on, but it is something radiating from within

+1 to Elle

Quote Originally Posted by Ellethariel View Post
    How does this have anything to do with the fact that I played ALL DAY yesterday, as I have for months, with NO ISSUES; yet today there was a "patch" and NOW am getting the error message "Lotroclient has stopped working"

Something got messed up in their patch today - I am not deleting, renaming, juggling, jiggling anything until I hear from the powers that are what to do about THEIR MISTAKE.

Laurelin RP
    sTrolling in Lotro nearly 9 years
    Lumiere Aineias - Captain of Highest Quality
    Leader of Kinship: Orcs stole my lunch money

Quote Originally Posted by Ellethariel View Post

In order to come up with a fix or workaround, finding the "common denominators" is helpful to isolate the root cause (or causes).

No one is suggesting a fundamental change. Let's just put our heads together and figure out a workaround. SSG will find the full answer, but it may take some time to code the fix, test it, push it out to customers, etc. Until then, if there's a "quick fix" uncovered by looking at the evidence, what's the harm for those willing to participate?

These files and hardware specs are not sacred pieces of information, they're just tools. If you don't want to give it a go, no problem, but it's not helpful to stand in the corner making demands.
    Firgrim of Landroval

Formerly Rampage522...new name, same management.

The problem seems to be with the d3d9.dll file. I removed it from my Turbine/LoTRO folder in Programs(X86) and the game started. I put it back and the game didn't start.
    Hamlet was right . . . but so was P.T. Barnum!

I didn't have problems logging in, but this thread tipped me off that SSG might have converted some more components of the game to 64 bits, so I thought I'd try the usual running-out-of-memory experiment.

Immediately after doing a milestone travel to The Wastes, the client froze up. (It didn't CTD as expected; it actually froze up.) And it was long before it consumed the amount of memory that normally crashes it. (I think the commit charge was a little over 3 GB when it froze up.)

I realize this post isn't very valuable diagnostically. The only relevant information is that there seems to be a new way to freeze the game up that doesn't involve running out of memory.

Windows 7, 64-bit, Intel CPU, NVIDIA card, DX11.
    Last edited by Thurallor; May 31 2017 at 02:05 PM.

Got home from morning work updated the game and logged in just fine running on Windows 10, 64 Bit.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Dimar View Post
    +1 to Elle
    Another +1 from me

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast