We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: The Clunkiness.

The Clunkiness.

So far it's only week #2 of U21 but so far it's not looking up, at least in my opinion. The Warden tanking is very clunky, and for t2 content like Ruined City it's nearly impossible without a healer, and the Hunter DPS without the Erebor set bonus is pathetic and it's back to the induction spam, as for the stats they're all sorts of screwed. Mitigations there is no clear cap as well as B/P/E being at best something to laugh at, and with this new armor giving casuals twice the damage hardcore raiders have been working towards getting for the bast 6-8 months will set the moors into a hardcore imbalance and ruin what little fighting there was in the first place. People will be forced to mundane questing to get rank that was supposed to be gotten via PvP. Also the fact that Burglars aren't playable as High Elves leaves them the only class to not have a REZ, and to be honest it's utterly disappointing that SSG is moving away from a great essence mechanic which gave the player freedom in their gearing.

So a TL;DR statement

•Make tanking less clunky.
    •Remove the level cap on Erebor armor.
    •Make the Mitigation caps known/attainable.
    •Buff the creeps damage to equal Freeps / Buff their health to add a sense of balance between the morale and dps pools.
    •Bring back more essence slots and freedom in gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodhgan View Post
    .... Also the fact that Burglars aren't playable as High Elves leaves them the only class to not have a REZ,....
    I don't understand this claim. What "REZ" does hunter have, and what's the connection to High Elf? Does High Elf have a class rez?

In the short term I agree, there's no point in adding the cap, as players start to level up in Mordor. However, in the longer term, with inflated stats on Mordor gear, I doubt use of Erebor would be useful as one approaches the new level cap. I think it would have made more sense to have left Erebor as is and simply have left it to die out on it's own. The addition of the max level just seems to be a gratuitous cheap shot at hunters.

It is in connection with High Elf, High Elves as a race have a REZ but the fact that the Burglar can't be High Elves and I don't understand why... Seeing that every other class can be a High Elf

I hate essence gear. Worst thing that was ever introduced into the game in my opinion. Glad to at least hear that SSG is moving away from essence gear. I don't mind that essence gear is in the game at all. What I do mind and many do is that SSG/Turbine completely abandoned non essence crafted gear. I was extremely disappointed to hear that there was no new guild level added with the upcoming xpac. That is now 2 guild levels that have been completely and utterly just abandoned beyond the wayside. We should of had one for level 105 and the upcoming level 115. But I don't care as much about guild levels as long as we have level 105 non essence crafted gear and level 115 non essence crafted gear. I just won't waste my money on the xpac without that being in there. As a matter of fact, I won't waste my money on the game anymore either if they haven't put in non essence crafted gear for the xpac. There will be no excuse they can make for them not doing so. They have known for a very long time that many people have wanted a non essence crafting update. They even said they knew crafting was in need an a major update. But there was always some lame excuse as to why they couldn't do it. Well, now they have none. A new xpac we have to pay for so there should be a great and wonderful non essence crafting update. But I doubt it since they didn't add a new guild tier. All of us that don't want essence gear will probably get the shaft again as we have gotten every update since we hit level 100.

P.S. I would literally pay $40 just for a non essence crafting update that got us non essence gear for level 100, 105, 110, and 115.

It is in connection with High Elf, High Elves as a race have a REZ but the fact that the Burglar can't be High Elves and I don't understand why... Seeing that every other class can be a High Elf
    Because being a tricksy, sneaky thief just wouldn't be very 'Elvish' (not for Tolkien's Elves, at least) and that goes double for High Elves, who are definitely supposed to be above pilfering other people's belongings. Kinda obvious, really.

6. Jul 01 2017, 06:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    I hate essence gear. Worst thing that was ever introduced into the game in my opinion. Glad to at least hear that SSG is moving away from essence gear. I don't mind that essence gear is in the game at all. What I do mind and many do is that SSG/Turbine completely abandoned non essence crafted gear. I was extremely disappointed to hear that there was no new guild level added with the upcoming xpac. That is now 2 guild levels that have been completely and utterly just abandoned beyond the wayside. We should of had one for level 105 and the upcoming level 115. But I don't care as much about guild levels as long as we have level 105 non essence crafted gear and level 115 non essence crafted gear. I just won't waste my money on the xpac without that being in there. As a matter of fact, I won't waste my money on the game anymore either if they haven't put in non essence crafted gear for the xpac. There will be no excuse they can make for them not doing so. They have known for a very long time that many people have wanted a non essence crafting update. They even said they knew crafting was in need an a major update. But there was always some lame excuse as to why they couldn't do it. Well, now they have none. A new xpac we have to pay for so there should be a great and wonderful non essence crafting update. But I doubt it since they didn't add a new guild tier. All of us that don't want essence gear will probably get the shaft again as we have gotten every update since we hit level 100.

P.S. I would literally pay $40 just for a non essence crafting update that got us non essence gear for level 100, 105, 110, and 115.
    I'm glad to see someone besides me ranting about essence gear. To me, it's just more clutter in my bags.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post

They're not really moving away from essence gear. Early in Mordor you'll likely replace some or all of your current essence gear with non-essence gear, but the better Mordor gear as you advance definitely is essence gear, although with fewer slots. So we do have to repeat the grinding essence gear, but perhaps not the "full flowering" of essence gear we just went through on Live.

SSG, you're making a mistake by ignoring Guild crafting at the Anorien and Mordor (Morgul?) tiers.

Also, new players who might be rushing to cap who spend LP on guild crafting might feel baited-and-switched when they realize it's only good for the first 95 levels.

On a more positive note, you'd engage more of your player base by putting good armor, jewelery, off-hand weapons and accessories from Guild recipes into the 105 and (hopefully one day) the 115 tier.

Understanding that the decisions made on Bullroarer already, including lack of new Guild crafting, are already set in stone, this sort of work would be ideal for a free update after the instances & raid are released. Just think about it, please. You have lots and lots of players across all the servers who love to craft, and who will feel shut out of one of their favorite activities (Gearing their characters and alts with crafting) and your new endgame, again. Psst, I'd VIP again for this (and for lag/infrastructure fixes on the client/server end).

Thanks & party on, long may LotrO continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtower View Post
    SSG, you're making a mistake by ignoring Guild crafting at the Anorien and Mordor (Morgul?) tiers.

Also, new players who might be rushing to cap who spend LP on guild crafting might feel baited-and-switched when they realize it's only good for the first 95 levels.

On a more positive note, you'd engage more of your player base by putting good armor, jewelery, off-hand weapons and accessories from Guild recipes into the 105 and (hopefully one day) the 115 tier.

Understanding that the decisions made on Bullroarer already, including lack of new Guild crafting, are already set in stone, this sort of work would be ideal for a free update after the instances & raid are released. Just think about it, please. You have lots and lots of players across all the servers who love to craft, and who will feel shut out of one of their favorite activities (Gearing their characters and alts with crafting) and your new endgame, again. Psst, I'd VIP again for this (and for lag/infrastructure fixes on the client/server end).

Thanks & party on, long may LotrO continue.
    Need to read the Bullroarer Forums, you seem to be operating under some misconceptions.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Need to read the Bullroarer Forums, you seem to be operating under some misconceptions.

What misconceptions? There really is no Guild crafting at the last two tier levels, including Doomfold. Compare the Guild tabs under Westemnet, for example, with their absence in Anorien or Doomfold.

The only thing that is labeled "Guild" in Doomfold is the Enchanted Gorgoroth Adamant recipe, which require 3 black adamant shards. Not really Guild crafting in the sense of what we've had before.

If there are some other Guild-related recipes I've missed, please let me know (and accept my apologies in advance).

Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    Because being a tricksy, sneaky thief just wouldn't be very 'Elvish' (not for Tolkien's Elves, at least) and that goes double for High Elves, who are definitely supposed to be above pilfering other people's belongings. Kinda obvious, really.
    I see somebody has never read/seen The Pink Panther.
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Banaticus View Post
    I see somebody has never read/seen The Pink Panther.
    Or heard about the Kinslayings. The Noldor were quite keen on treachery. To them, end justifies the means. In my opinion they would make perfectly fine burglars.

To be fair, the Kinslaying was less of a 'we're stealing your ships' and more of a 'you're not helping us so we'll commit horrible war crimes that would make Genghis Khan blush, and then rub salt into the wound'. Burgled, the ships were not.

and the Hunter DPS without the Erebor set bonus is pathetic and it's back to the induction spam

So a TL;DR statement

I disagree 100% a Hunter doesn't need the Erebor set bonus... Yes a little extra helps but its not needed same for other set bonuses, Idea is use what works best for your class to do T2c using what you get a max level, cause its not impossible you can get stuff done, so you don't need old set bonuses from Erebor or Isengard...
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I disagree 100% a Hunter doesn't need the Erebor set bonus... Yes a little extra helps but its not needed same for other set bonuses, Idea is use what works best for your class to do T2c using what you get a max level, cause its not impossible you can get stuff done, so you don't need old set bonuses from Erebor or Isengard...
    Well, "needed" or "required" is relative. The combination of set bonuses is what gives hunters the chance to exceed RK dps and thus earn a spot in a raid. Most raid leaders are interested in maximizing their probability of success and / or making it go as quickly / smoothly as possible. Thus if RKs have higher, or even the same dps, as hunters, they will be the prohibitive favourite for all ranged dps spots because of the additional utility they bring to a group (DNF can save what would have been a wipe). So it's fine to say hunters don't "need" set bonuses, but if they cannot compete with RKs without the key bonuses then they won't be able to get into T2C groups.

Right, at the time I hadn't seen the High Elf racials, so now I see that High Elf does have the racial rez. From a purely combat perspective I don't see why High Elf couldn't be burg either, but they cling to the original class description, and being a "criminal" type wouldn't be very Elvish I guess. Just like hunters are seen for some purposes as actual "hunters", although they're actually archers.

Complains can't do instance without a healer? Right.

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    So it's fine to say hunters don't "need" set bonuses, but if they cannot compete with RKs without the key bonuses then they won't be able to get into T2C groups.
    They do need set bonuses, just ones for max level instead of using old set that wasn't made for 105.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    They do need set bonuses, just ones for max level instead of using old set that wasn't made for 105.
    With Mordor they'll be effectively losing both.

Quote Originally Posted by DieLaFuzz View Post
    Or heard about the Kinslayings. The Noldor were quite keen on treachery. To them, end justifies the means. In my opinion they would make perfectly fine burglars.
    Tsk, really? Err, hello: First Age, Morgoth's direct influence, Feanor's madness making his words eerily persuasive, the dreadful power the oath they swore had over them and so on. Plus if it had been burglary they'd have stolen the ships without having to leave Alqualondë littered with dead Teleri and getting the Doom of Mandos levelled against them for their sins. And all the Noldor who'd done the most evil things ended up paying for them, the curse on them ensured they got killed off one way or another. Not the best example to follow :P

maybe its a design choice that burglars are the only class with a rez.
    otherwise, you could with a burglar do the same running through instances and rezzing afterwards and such ignoring all thrashmobs that was done with minstrels before minstrels were not anymore allowed to flop in instances.
    The other solution would be to unallow burglars to vanish in instances. I prefer no rez over no vanish.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    So it's possible to fully gear a 115 in Mordor with Tier 11 Guild Recipes for Armor, Cloaks, 7 jewelery slots, and off-hand weapons?

I have not seen this data on the Bullroarer forums and would be interested in a link.

I acknowledge there is a Tier 11. It just doesn't seem to contain a robust set of Guild recipes.

I was gonna take the thread seriously, but:

The Warden tanking is very clunky, and for t2 content like Ruined City it's nearly impossible without a healer...
    Oh, the horror. How can you live to, as a tank, have a healer supporting you?? L2P [/s]
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Quote Originally Posted by Wagoo View Post
    To be fair, the Kinslaying was less of a 'we're stealing your ships' and more of a 'you're not helping us so we'll commit horrible war crimes that would make Genghis Khan blush, and then rub salt into the wound'. Burgled, the ships were not.
    I don't think any of the kin slaying elves are around anymore. i think it was mostly feanors family. they all (?) died in varying horrible ways. the rest of the noldor did not take part in the kin slaying.