We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    High prices and little value for me, so I'm not purchasing. I'll see what happens in December.
    Please ignore my ridiculous running animation.

Was going to spend around 30$-60$ until I saw the prices and what we get for each package.
    I decided to wait a bit and will probably buy it at december with lps unless they cut prices/there will be a sale on lotro or some website.
    Not including the new race in the basic package was a deal breaker for me, I love paying for games and support those who made it, but I don't like when I feel like I'm being milked.

Long time VIP subscriber here (almost non-stop since the beginning), but subscription renewal cancelled for now.

Not happy how they removed the option to by Mordor with paid LP's. Not happy about VIP benefits and handling in general anymore. Not happy about their approach to constantly push new (buggy) content instead of improving the game for longer a longer term success (game performance, crash issues, buggy classes, class balance, ...). Removal of paid LP's for Mordor was the last straw.

Not going to renew the VIP until the "winter", whatever that is (Dec-Mar?). Even then I'll have a good look how things are and if there really is value being VIP. So in my case SSG managed to lose money with Mordor release, I think the intent was opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtanion View Post
    300 new quests? Cool. We got those for free with Gondor.
    So, because they have given things to us for free in recent years, you think that things should always be free?
    Surely that just means we've been fortunate for a few years.

Maybe you think they only need cash for Chance Thomas' musical score
    Seriously though, I think most of the so-called 'uproar' at present is from people who thought they were being smart buying LP when they were cheap (last time they did double bonus) in order to purchase Mordor. They were not told that it would be available for LP on launch. They assumed. And people always rant more when their assumptions are found to be false.

I've already pre-purchased the Ultimate edition. I don't spend much (other than annual VIP) on the game nowadays (I'm not a perfectionist - it's a game and if I'm moaning about having to buy solvent from the store then I'm moaning about something rather than it being a game for fun. I know you don't NEED 100% top end gear to play and enjoy. No-one does. It's just me I know - I just don't understand that mentality.
    But you just watch - give them stuff that requires less essences and they will find something else to feel unhappy about. We always do. Most of us anyway.

The more people that stomp off like a pre-teen saying "I'm not playing until Winter" the more I smile. It will make it less laggy in the new areas with less people running around doing the same thing. So thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaSwavo4God View Post
    The more people that stomp off like a pre-teen saying "I'm not playing until Winter" the more I smile. It will make it less laggy in the new areas with less people running around doing the same thing. So thanks
    No, no, no, not again........................

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by TaSwavo4God View Post
    So, because they have given things to us for free in recent years, you think that things should always be free?
    Surely that just means we've been fortunate for a few years.

Maybe you think they only need cash for Chance Thomas' musical score
    Seriously though, I think most of the so-called 'uproar' at present is from people who thought they were being smart buying LP when they were cheap (last time they did double bonus) in order to purchase Mordor. They were not told that it would be available for LP on launch. They assumed. And people always rant more when their assumptions are found to be false.

I've already pre-purchased the Ultimate edition. I don't spend much (other than annual VIP) on the game nowadays (I'm not a perfectionist - it's a game and if I'm moaning about having to buy solvent from the store then I'm moaning about something rather than it being a game for fun. I know you don't NEED 100% top end gear to play and enjoy. No-one does. It's just me I know - I just don't understand that mentality.
    But you just watch - give them stuff that requires less essences and they will find something else to feel unhappy about. We always do. Most of us anyway.

Your post is an epic fail kid. Why? Because players can still enter the zone kill mobs and harvest resources for crafting. So you'll still have that lag with people running around doing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck1771 View Post
    Your post is an epic fail kid. Why? Because players can still enter the zone kill mobs and harvest resources for crafting. So you'll still have that lag with people running around doing stuff.
    It's an epic fail even if they couldn't. Because while thinking less lag is feasible as a good thing, having less lag because half the playerbase don't play the content, isn't. All it is - is less players, and less payers. AKA Not a good thing.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Since LOTRO sums up to 90% of all my gaming time since 2007 and i am a lifer, i didn't hesitate a second. For regular VIPs, this is another matter i guess.
    **Lifetime VIP Player** (since 2007)
    Hope dies last, but it dies.

I am holding back for now, but this is not forever. Most likely I will buy the cheapest bundle soon after the actual release.

VIP and grinding. Will buy for points when it is available in store. Possibly HE too, want to see what the final appearance is. Bought a character slot when they were on sale just in case I do like it.

Will be buying the standard edition for all accounts. Then get the High Elf later with LPs.

Yes, I am holding back. Waiting for a 25% off or buy with LP.
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

I holding off. I am looking forward to Mordor, but the packages as they are do not interest me. I don't want the Valar thing at all. Why should I have to pay for that?

I'll probably end up with the basic package. Since it will be the same price before and after launch, I'll just hold off and see what the reaction is when people get the extras. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of buyer's remorse as people are underwhelmed with what is included.

I gladly supported the game with a VIP subscription for 5 years, along with another premium account for which I purchased LPs at least twice and made VIP too for almost one year.
    But last year I felt really cheated about the Far Anorien pack pricing (what? If I want the quests, I'm forced to pay for a raid I have absolutely no interest in?).
    So, even if this would have only affected my premium account, on a matter of principle, I already canceled my subscription one year ago, and I promised to myself to not spend a single cent (be it $ or €) on the game until SSG changes this 'forced milking' attitude that I find really disrespectful.

That said, it's easy to guess that I will play Mordor only if and when I could get it via the LPs I saved in 5 years...

About HE, I'm not interested at all. While I could be interested in new classes (I'm an altoholic with 22 characters, 9 of them at 105), I consider this 'new' elf just a cleverly (?) marketed cosmetic operation, adding nothing to the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Niapants View Post
    I rarely post on the forums but I wondered whether many others were doing the same as me. I'm excited for Mordor and from what I have seen so far, it looks great. I've got over the initial shock of the prices for each edition and am ready to hand over my money. However, it seems these forums are so full of negativity and anger that I'm not sure that SSG are capable of ignoring it. Or are they?

I've seen it mentioned that upgrading is impossible. So what are the chances, do you think, that SSG might pop a few extra things into the latter two editions to appease the ragers? I read that it has been done before but there's so much silence from the people who are capable of making changes that I can't guess whether it may happen. There must be quite a few people that are holding back and waiting to see what happens, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying the game for sure. I just hope I buy the right edition =/
    I'm holding back till I see all the cosmetics from the $80 edition. I know it has a winged helm so I'm a little bit interested just not "paying double price" interested yet. I know I won't use the extra character slot, I probably won't use the aria of the valar, and probably won't use the high elf race, I find this game really punishing to make alts in, and find that I really only have time to play 1 main character and that's it because the class deeds, LI's, essences, virtues, rep, blah blah blah, it just sucks up too much time to do that for multiple characters.

So only thing that interests me is maybe the new cosmetics but not for double the price.. I wish they had an a la carte way of getting some of these things, like buying high elf separately, buying the cosmetics and titles separately, etc.

If I could pay $50 for the expansion and the horse/outfit, I would probably do it well unless I didn't like the cosmetic looks. I guess if I don't like the way the cosmetics look I'll just get the standard edition.

Wink

I pre-purchased ultimate as soon as I could. Bought a lifetime sub back in the day and all the highest tier expacs since then, no regrets whatsoever this is my favorite game of all time. For all the forum drama surrounding this everyone is entitled to their opinion but in my opinion you have to keep things in perspective. It's a rule of the internet that the more popular a game is, the more haters a game will have. Case in point is another favorite game of mine Diablo 3. If you read their negative forum comments over the years you'd think the game was a colossal failure instead of having sold over 30 million copies (and that 30 mil is a 2015 figure so I'm sure it's a lot more since). While LOTRO is nowhere close to that scale, it's definitely a popular game and for better or worse there's lots of semi-pro troll haters clogging up these forums just like their similar ilk have clogged out the D3 forums for years. I wouldn't be surprised if it's some of the same people working out their mental agony from life's hardship and sufferings, which to some degree is understandable but not when they start personally attacking SSG staff. The vast vast majority of the satisfied, paying fan base plays and pays as the silent majority in the background. We'll have all this drama in the next major release a year or two from now, just like over the past 10 years, there's been plenty of drama here especially before a major expac is released. In fact, if this game gains players and popularity in the next few years, there'll be even more drama, haters, and trolls on this forum regardless of what game design, marketing, and pricing decisions are made. Cause you're never gonna make everyone happy and a number of beautiful personalities, you're never gonna make them happy at all

Quote Originally Posted by mr_toad View Post
    I pre-purchased ultimate as soon as I could. Bought a lifetime sub back in the day and all the highest tier expacs since then, no regrets whatsoever this is my favorite game of all time. For all the forum drama surrounding this everyone is entitled to their opinion but in my opinion you have to keep things in perspective. It's a rule of the internet that the more popular a game is, the more haters a game will have. Case in point is another favorite game of mine Diablo 3. If you read their negative forum comments over the years you'd think the game was a colossal failure instead of having sold over 30 million copies (and that 30 mil is a 2015 figure so I'm sure it's a lot more since). While LOTRO is nowhere close to that scale, it's definitely a popular game and for better or worse there's lots of semi-pro troll haters clogging up these forums just like their similar ilk have clogged out the D3 forums for years. I wouldn't be surprised if it's some of the same people working out their mental agony from life's hardship and sufferings, which to some degree is understandable but not when they start personally attacking SSG staff. The vast vast majority of the satisfied, paying fan base plays and pays as the silent majority in the background. We'll have all this drama in the next major release a year or two from now, just like over the past 10 years, there's been plenty of drama here especially before a major expac is released. In fact, if this game gains players and popularity in the next few years, there'll be even more drama, haters, and trolls on this forum regardless of what game design, marketing, and pricing decisions are made. Cause you're never gonna make everyone happy and a number of beautiful personalities, you're never gonna make them happy at all

Very good comment, and it is also my go to game since 2007. I bought in on this bundle right away as I am hoping my contribution will help them keep the game going for a long time

Lifetime member since 2007, bought 33k point package when SSG took over (it was on special for 200CAD or 300CAD), and now I have to wait MONTHS to use those points.

I understand this is SSG way of forcing people to use cash and not let the free deed points be used to buy the expansion, but I feel gypped.

I'm not spending MORE cash. I'll wait to November or December or January 2018 to play.

As I've said in all the other places on the internet that this discussion is happening... ;p

I was all ready to spend $70-80 for a hypothetical 'collectors edition' of the expansion, and I know I could have been suckered into $90 if that's what the top teir was. Same as every other expansion in the game's history.

But these offerings have very little of value to me and the prices are way too high.

So...

If I'm ready to play Mordor before U22, then they'll get my $40, but I wish they had given me a reason to spend a bunch more.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Message moondog548 here, on Steam, Twitch, and Discord as moondog548#6830
    Moondog on Landroval, Isilroa on Anor, Reckless on Bombadil

I personally think that the folks at SSG or Daybreak or both have a heck of a lot of confidence in this expansion. Which in some ways is encouraging. However, I lack confidence in them having it adequately ready by July 31 judging by what I am seeing on their latest "build 5" release. I wish they would have just waited to release the pre-order sales info until after a more polished product was available.

Even if the prices and/or offerings were more enticing I would still be hesitant to purchase because of incomplete state I am still seeing in this the pinnacle of all expansions.

Welden
    Welden of Elendilmir

The bundles are still overpriced (and Standard Edition needs the High Elf included at the bare minimum), but I'll probably get either Standard or Collector's. The value goes down as the price of these packages go up, so I'm avoiding the Ultimate bundle, absent some improvement in the contents.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval

This time i'm not buying it with $$$$,i'll be waiting for U22 to purchase it with LP

This is the first expansion I won't be getting before it's released. I won't be buying it with cash or LP and I won't be playing the game much anymore because it just won't run for more than five minutes without crashing on a newer system like mine.

Unless SSG makes a new 64 bit client they are going to continue bleeding customers as more and more of them are forced to replace old dead computers.

Not holding back Paid for 2 Ultimate packs.

I like the game, am really entertained.

Got 7 end-level toons. Game very rarely crash for me(once or twice this year, both porting to Minas Tirith) can't remember crashing in Pelennor instances or Throne runs, but seen half raid crash when porting inside a Throne run.

I love this game, even though, from time to time I wander away and try something else, I come back and have supported Lotro for many years although for me Moria and Isengard remain the pinnacle.

I love both of the new mounts and cosmetics, but do I think they are worth $130.00 US +++++ tax , or $80.00 US ++++ tax. I had to sit down and dissect the contents and make a decision.

I am not from the US so the $130.00 US equates to around $210.00 for me, when previous packages cost $50.00 / $70.00 and included a Turbine Point account supplement as well as, mounts, cosmetics, and a remembrance crystal for each new player etc.

Standing Stone offers the High Elf when I already have quite a number at level cap currently. Do I really want to go through the grind of Empowerment scrolls, Anfalas crystals etc… when I already have the class’s that I enjoy. No… I really don’t. Do I really want to ride a horse or dress in cosmetics to create that generic look. No, as much as I love the cosmetics… I like to be an individual more.

For me the pull would have been TP and worthwhile Bonus accompaniments, and I feel that they are not included in these packages, it seems driven by the almighty dollar. Why include this and loose out in TP sales?. It is exorbitant pricing even when compared to WoW etc. Many people who purchased previous packages and maintain VIP status do so in order to support the game, the staff and longevity. Free to play is a viable option for those of us that have been around for awhile, certainly many keep VIP active to support the continuance of this fantastic gaming experience.

I am thinking the developers may have over-reached with this one, as for the first time I opted for the basic package and with the additional tax came in at just under $60.00.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast