We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Congratulations Avatar dev!

/UPDATE:

Quote Originally Posted by Laerien View Post
    1. It appears the character selection screen is not showing the old avatars properly no matter how many times you check/unckeck the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaUnspecified View Post
    EDIT: Strangely enough, after closing and restarting the game the toggle now works perfectly even at the login screen.
    - Restarting the client is not enough, you have to log each character then log out to the selection screen having the new avatars disabled.

2. Characters still looks weird for people with the opposite option checked. This is a MAJOR problem. The character looks not only is supposed for the player, it represents how others players see you in game.
    Another gem, using the old avatar you still see the gonnie new one in cosmetics

Last edited by Laerien; Aug 03 2017 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Update
    Please ignore my ridiculous running animation.

I'm sorry, I try to stay positive about this game but I still don't like this change... thankfully I get to keep my old avatars.

Glad you like them tho

Edit: I completely misunderstood! you DON'T like them either! xD

I am beyond words with fury over the changes they made to my main Elf. It is completely inexcusable. She was beautiful; now she is ugly. Her hair is a different color, her lips are different, I can't stand to look at her.

I have never been mad at game mechanics before, but this is just a colossal waste of development funds. Super unhappy.

--so far the button to view her in the old way doesn't work, and only those who tick that off can see her in the way she was meant to be
    Last edited by VeryBeary; Aug 02 2017 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBeary View Post
    I am beyond words with fury over the changes they made to my main Elf. It is completely inexcusable. She was beautiful; now she is ugly. Here hair is a different color, her lips are different, I can't stand to look at her.
    Its your choice, you can to stay with the old avatar, the new one are not a forced thing, i think.

"Avatars have been updated for the Human and Elf. Players can choose to view the older avatars through an Avatar Update Visible check box available in the Options panel."

Sergio :-)

PS: BTW, still downloading, i can not to check it myself.
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Its your choice, you can to stay with the old avatar, the new one are not a forced thing, i think.
    I guess you haven't seen the pictures. Old avatars were changed.

I don't really see the differences in these.

They look largely the same to me.

The female versions of the new avatars are still in need of some work for sure. Avatar issues are listed as known in the patches.

The males for both Men and Elves look far better though; just need to do a full customization again perhaps. The only problem is that the settings for your character are the same for both new and old. So when you fix your character for the new avatars for example, you may look weird and not how you want towards people who are using the old avatars, and there's nothing you can do about that. For RP whole groups are going to have to decide which one they use, otherwise everybody will look different to one another.

True, all my bandwith right now go to the game update. But really? I think SSG promised we will can to use old avatars if our choice... If not, i totally understood now the previous poster.

Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

True, all my bandwith right now go to the game update. But really? I think SSG promised we will can to use old avatars if our choice... If not, i totally understood now the previous poster.

I updated the OP. It seems is a problem with the character selection screen not displaying correctly the old avatars.

That's odd. When my wife was just in at the barber, she could clearly toggle between the old and new avatars. The old one looked like it had before. She did not attempt to convert back to the old avatar, so whether that makes a difference, I do not know.

I do not understand - is it supposed to be an upgrade of avatar graphics? Because they did something wrong to the avatars!
    Why did they do this???

As far as I can tell the avatar toggle is only broken at the log in screen. At the very least it worked for me in game.

EDIT: Strangely enough, after closing and restarting the game the toggle now works perfectly even at the login screen.
    Last edited by MegaUnspecified; Aug 02 2017 at 04:19 PM.

Has SSH changed the basic character animations, such as human run?

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    Seems so. I personally very much dislike them.

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    It seems so; elven female running animation was changed.

-------------

Yeah not happy with the new human run animation. Bit too much like the hobbit one.

Good to know, thank you

An embarassingly awful example of change for change's sake.

Please dont ever, ever again try to fix what ain't broken in LotRO. Gandalf knows, there's enough broken stuff you COULD be fixing with this dev time & resources.

Terrible, just terrible. Without the ability to disable these new avatars (thank you again for that blessing) the vast % of your longtime playerbase would abandon the game in droves.

Really it is that bad. It's not just me and it's not just hyperbole.

I mean, look at them. Just not for, you know, too long. You might go blind.

2. Characters still looks weird for people with the opposite option checked. This is a MAJOR problem. The character looks not only is supposed for the player, it represents how others players see you in game.
    MAJOR? Are you sure? How much of your game time do you spend on the character selection screen?

1. It appears the character selection screen is not showing the old avatars properly no matter how many times you check/unckeck the box.
    Yes the character selection screen bug is solved by restarting the client.
    -------------

However, that was not the only problem:

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    MAJOR? Are you sure? How much of your game time do you spend on the character selection screen?
    More time than you spend reading a thread before commenting.

This really isn't that bad. The main problem is that there's more light on the characters now. I mean, Half Life 2 fixed this problem a long time ago (you can't just increase the brights, you have to darken the darks or things start to look washed out). That's what people are complaining about, right?
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

No they're complaining about the fatter cheek bones, the barely demi human artistic look and the lack of sexy highlights.

ROFL my main's face is much darker than his neck or rest of his skin. What a frickin joke

Its your choice, you can to stay with the old avatar, the new one are not a forced thing, i think.....
    You can choose to see the old graphics for yourself, however, everyone using the new graphics will see your character based on the new graphics. Terrible solution IMHO. If you select old graphics for your own character, that is what everyone should see.

Quote Originally Posted by VorlokTwinfuries View Post
    ROFL my main's face is much darker than his neck or rest of his skin. What a frickin joke
    Yes, some of them simply don't look very good, but others are still seriously messed up. No way this should have gone live the way that it is. Mind you, I'm not convinced that it should have been done at all. Supposedly they have limited resources, yet they choose to apply effort to this vanity project while leaving much more serious issues unaddressed or deferred.

26. Aug 02 2017, 06:35 PM

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast