We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Skoironk and Towers of the Teeth

2/3 quests per instance (solo) disapear when you try to talk to Thurindol.
    Please ignore my ridiculous running animation.

Were those quests finished, or still in progress? Once you finish the main quest it cancels the other two if they were in-progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    Were those quests finished, or still in progress? Once you finish the main quest it cancels the other two if they were in-progress.
    All finished and ready for return as usual. When I talked to the NPC only the main quest was showing and the others vanished. Another player confirmed in chat the same happened to him/her.
    Please ignore my ridiculous running animation.

Same thing happened to me. Don't know if I got XP for the subsidiary quests or not. Guess I won't be doing those for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolamrothdame View Post
    Same thing happened to me. Guess I won't be doing those for a while.
    And for me, wasn't paying to much attention for the Skoironk run.

But for the Tower of the Teeth was watching real careful, even taking screen grabs..

Both quests completed and ready to turn in.. Gone after leaving the instance..

I may try again tomorrow and see if leaving via the entrance rather than the drop menu makes a difference.

But for now it's 'Broken', well done Standing Stone.

Yep, I can confirm that I observed this issue, too. Did the solo Skoi run, and finished it as usual, then thought, "Huh, didn't I complete the other two quests as well? Um, maybe I handed them in already." I don't usually pay too much attention to repeatables I do on a regular basis and simply go through the motions and get them done. But, now I had that niggly feeling that something was amiss.

I then did the ToT solo run and made a conscious note that I did obtain all three quests. Got the auto-bestowed chest quest too, at the end of the run and completed that all ok. Checked that I had completed all three quests that I had obtained before entering the instance. Having confirmed that, I then left the instance to hand them in and yep, two of the completed quests automatically disappeared. Only had the primary one (to defeat the boss, like with Skoi) to hand in.

So yep, the destruction of Mt Doom and Barad-dur also partially destroyed this instance as well, methinks.
    Another one bites the dust...

Confirmed. Skoironk bugged for me too in the same way.

Yes I had the exact same problem yesterday in both Skoi and ToT.

Haven't tried yet today. Can anyone confirm if this is still a problem before I waste my time doing these instances.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxFire View Post
    Yes I had the exact same problem yesterday in both Skoi and ToT.

Haven't tried yet today. Can anyone confirm if this is still a problem before I waste my time doing these instances.

Thanks.
    It was still a problem as of a few minutes ago. I had the same experience someone else described: was pretty sure I hadn't gotten to turn them in for Skoi, watched carefully in ToT and saw they vanished as I exited the instance. Really bummed since I was mostly doing the instances for the rush-cloth. (That's how I was sure I hadn't gotten credit: I ended with the same amount of cloth as when I started!)

Quote Originally Posted by Aglarin View Post
    It was still a problem as of a few minutes ago. I had the same experience someone else described: was pretty sure I hadn't gotten to turn them in for Skoi, watched carefully in ToT and saw they vanished as I exited the instance. Really bummed since I was mostly doing the instances for the rush-cloth. (That's how I was sure I hadn't gotten credit: I ended with the same amount of cloth as when I started!)
    Has this been fixed yet? Is there any other way to get Bolt of Rush-cloth other than this? IF not, why are the Bolt of Rush-cloths only available to get this way?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarpPro View Post
    Has this been fixed yet? Is there any other way to get Bolt of Rush-cloth other than this? IF not, why are the Bolt of Rush-cloths only available to get this way?
    It's fixed. You can get 6 total - i think - from each of the two side quests. And they do drop from mobs now and again.
    Aednat, Champion; Officer of Easily Amused on Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by Steamweaver View Post
    And they do drop from mobs now and again.
    Really? What mobs and does "now and again" mean like 1 out of every thousand times?

Strangely enough, I did both Skoironk and Towers today and all three quests (per instance) were up and able to be turned in to Thurindol.

Not that this helps you any, but it means it's not a universal bug.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Strangely enough, I did both Skoironk and Towers today and all three quests (per instance) were up and able to be turned in to Thurindol.

Not that this helps you any, but it means it's not a universal bug.
    It's been fixed since the patch. I think at this point the complaint is that about the only way for cooks and tailors to get the mats needed for the rep items is from completing those quests. The other professions can all gather their mats from the landscape nodes (jeweler, weaponsmith and armorsmith from the metal notes, woodworker from the wood, and scholar from the nodes within the various ruins). But the plant needed by cooks is extremely rare on the landscape, and the cloth is only from wooden chests, which are also quite rare and only found in North Ithilien.

So for cooks and tailors, you have to do the resource dailies, and are lucky to get the 6 provided by each instance's two optional quests (3 per quest). Before the patch, when Mordor first was released you couldn't turn in those quests. The optional quests would disappear on leaving the instance, so you were pretty much out of luck. It is still a problem for those crafts in how few you can gather, and the drop rate for both from mobs within the instance is abysmal.

But, you can now turn in the optional quests again, thank the Valar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearlag View Post
    ...the cloth is only from wooden chests, which are also quite rare and only found in North Ithilien.
    Wooden chests in North Ithillien? I did not know this. You mean just normal wooden chests that have coins and "random" stuff in them on the landscape? Why North Ithillien? I am guessing the chance for the cloth to drop in those chests is extremely unlikely?

16. Aug 27 2017, 07:02 PM

Smile

Really? What mobs and does "now and again" mean like 1 out of every thousand times?
    Have come out of the crafting instances with cloth and/or scholar mats having been dropped once in a while. And yeah, it's rare. I did say "now and again", which in and of itself means infrequently.
    Aednat, Champion; Officer of Easily Amused on Gladden

Wooden chests in North Ithillien? I did not know this. You mean just normal wooden chests that have coins and "random" stuff in them on the landscape? Why North Ithillien? I am guessing the chance for the cloth to drop in those chests is extremely unlikely?
    Yes, a chest can drop 2 of the cloths. Can also drop the other stuff (including the cook item). Just the normal chests. Why N. Ithillien? Probably because they don't have wooden chests anywhere I've seen in the wastes. You often get drops of the next zone's items in the immediately previous zone. I get the Mordor gems and scholar items dropping from mobs in both the wastes and n. ithillien, since Mordor released. I always check wooden chests when doing quests/dailies in N. Ithillien.