We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

"This character's data has been damaged"

I had just entered the session play for Epic book 1 Volume 3 Chapter 4 (The Prisoner of Sammath Baul) when I had to step away from my laptop for a few minutes. When I came back, the connexion had timed out so I had to restart the game. When I went to the login screen though, there's a note above my character saying "This character's data has been damaged, please contact tech support for assistance".

I can login OK on my character, move, travel and craft etc, but when I tried to go back to the session play, it takes me back to the login screen and the same message appears.

Help please! I don't want to skip the quest as I'm following the epic storyline.

I'm on Landroval, character's name is Ilmeniel.
    Last edited by Isalou; Dec 18 2022 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isalou View Post
    I had just entered the session play for Epic book 1 Volume 3 Chapter 4 (The Prisoner of Sammath Baul) when I had to step away from my laptop for a few minutes. When I came back, the connexion had timed out so I had to restart the game. When I went to the login screen though, there's a note above my character saying "This character's data has been damaged, please contact tech support for assistance".

I can login OK on my character, move, travel and craft etc, but when I tried to go back to the session play, it takes me back to the login screen and the same message appears.

Help please! I don't want to skip the quest as I'm following the epic storyline.

I'm on Landroval, character's name is Ilmeniel.
    I doubt this is a tech support issue that can be solved by doing anything on your end using any advice or instructions from another player. You need to file a help ticket:

https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new

I don't recall that error message ever being discussed before. Maybe it'll resolve itself after a server reset?
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    I don't recall that error message ever being discussed before. Maybe it'll resolve itself after a server reset?
    I wouldn't count on it, but it's possible. My speculation is that the message indicates a problem with the character database on the server, nothing you can fix. I wouldn't expect a rollback on restart, either. I would suggest OP follow Tralfazz' suggestion and file a ticket. I've had good luck recently in getting prompt resolution. Never had a "lost my account" issue, but in-game problems.

I restarted my laptop and the message disappeared. I've just managed to do the session play so I guess it fixed itself? Thanks for the advice anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Isalou View Post
    I restarted my laptop and the message disappeared. I've just managed to do the session play so I guess it fixed itself? Thanks for the advice anyway!
    I'm really glad to hear that! Very surprised, though.

edit: I think auximenes got it right, the problem probably corrected itself at 10:00am server time when a lot of in-game counters are reset.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Dec 18 2022 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    My kinmate have same problem after crash at MT and after server reset that message just gone