We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelheariquer View Post
    If it's only 2 instances (except the raid) included in the Mordor expansion, I want my money back. If that's the case, Mordor is the most overpriced expansion in LOTRO's history. I bet the raid contains 3-4 bosses instead of 6 and we'll get more instances in a 2000 LP quest pack later (a la Pelennor), that's not included in Mordor and you'll have to buy extra...
    I wouldn't say 2500 LP is too much... there's a huge amount of quests and stuff... Far Anorien was overpriced for its 70 quests. Mordor isn't.
    There is just the issue that Mordor won't be released till winter... Now, we are just in open beta and not even have all content testready.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Several unexpected and nice quality of life changes (including the Aria upgrade), but two dungeons is simply pathetic.

My expectations were incredibly low, and you still failed to meet them.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    2 instances ? Is this final ?

This is not final...
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

Raid Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    To enter “The Court of Seregost”, you will need to complete the discovery deed. Find the door up on the ramparts of Seregost around 49.0S x 33.0E. To climb Seregost, you will need to complete the Seregost quest line,
    To enter the raid you will need to complete level 30 of each alliance

The mount collection has been revamped to match the style of the emote and pet collections and list every mount available. Because we have many mounts that can no longer be acquired (such as pre-order and special event mounts), the mount collection has a unique feature that will cause every character to have their own mount collection maximum. If a mount is no longer available, it will not appear in the mount collection panel unless you already have that mount. So while a newly created character on a new account might only see a mount collection with 144 possible mounts, a player who has the Dusky Nimblefoot Goat for example will see a mount collection with 145 possible mounts.
    I don't like this idea. I would like to see ALL mounts listed. Even if I can't get it anymore, I'd like to at least know what's out there if I see someone else with a unique mount. I don't see any reason to do this, other than so the OCD types (of which I am one, at times) wouldn't see a permanently incomplete mount collection and get all cranky. At least make this "unique feature" toggleable so we can see all existing mounts if we choose, please.

Thank you for the release notes.
    Casually playing LOTRO since 24 April 2007.

Character Name: Rimecutter.
    Class: Lore-Master.
    Kinship: Everlasting Hope.
    Server: Evernight (my first server was Snowbourn)

Welcome to our first open preview of Update 21.2. These notes are for Bullroarer, released on Thursday September 14th. Both the notes and the update are a work in progress, so you should expect things will change over time. We look forward to hearing your feedback and receiving your bug reports.

The Bullroarer database has been wiped. Please feel free to copy your current live character to Bullroarer using the LIVE transfer wizard.

Known Issues:

• The Filter Panel UI is using placeholder buttons, panel appearance, and icons.
    • The mount collection has many incorrect links to the LOTRO Store.
    • The new instances do not yet have the new rewards hooked up to the Tier 1, Tier 2, or Challenge chests.
    • Voice-overs are not yet present for the new content. Neither are German or French localized text.

Focus for this Beta:

During this beta session, we want to encourage all of you to try out the new instances: “The Dungeons of Naerband” and “The Court of Seregost”. We would particularly appreciate any feedback you may have on the difficulty of the instances at level 115 (tier 1 or tier 2). On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (9/14 - 9/17) members of the QA team will be looking for full groups running those instances (in particular the 6-person “The Dungeons of Naerband”) and will offer a lotro points code to a randomly selected player from those full groups a few times each day.

• To enter “The Dungeons of Naerband”, you will need to complete the discovery deed. Find the sewer culvert at the base of Naerband in Talath Urui at approximately 62.0S x 19.7E.
    • To enter “The Court of Seregost”, you will need to complete the discovery deed. Find the door up on the ramparts of Seregost around 49.0S x 33.0E. To climb Seregost, you will need to complete the Seregost quest line, or speak to Lansu in the Eyes & Guard tavern.
    • If you are making a new character on Bullroarer, or have not completed your Gorgoroth allegiance gear sets on your live copied character, please visit Vastin in the Eyes & Guard tavern and pick up packages labeled Last Alliance and Towers appropriate for your class. You may also want to select a few pieces from the "Mordor I <type> Abyssal" and "Mordor I <type> Wyrm" packages.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Pretty much this, yeah.

Tybur is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team

Instance difficulties and added known issues

I have added the missing lootbox gear and the client crashes in “The Dungeons of Naerband” as known issues for this build.
    Due to the stability problems in the 6-person instance, we will be postponing our instance focused feedback request and appreciation. Please see the edited original post for details.

Two new instances ?!?!? This is just pathetic.... Please tell me you have more instances for the next beta round! If i knew this i would never have bought this *expensive expansion*, and too late to ask for refund.

Quote Originally Posted by yafga View Post
    Two new instances ?!?!? This is just pathetic.... Please tell me you have more instances for the next beta round! If i knew this i would never have bought this *expensive expansion*, and too late to ask for refund.
    Is it really necessary to start extreme complaining over a beta build? Tybur was up all night getting things ready. How about saying thank you for a change.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

Agreed with the other posters. SSG, two instances is 100% pathetic.

Remember when you said you wanted to bring back Angmar?

Angmar alone has 3 Six-Mans, 1 Raid, 3 Six-Man Battles, and 3-4 Epic Volume Six Mans.
    Moria had 3 Skirmishes, 7 six mans, 1 raid.

I don't know if ThePinion needs more dev resources, or LOTRO genuinely doesn't generate enough revenue, but two instances is simply poor. It makes a huge statement about SSGs ability to produce group content in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by greetingsdownunder View Post
    Remember when you said you wanted to bring back Angmar?

Angmar alone has 3 Six-Mans, 1 Raid, 3 Six-Man Battles, and 3-4 Epic Volume Six Mans.
    Moria had 3 Skirmishes, 7 six mans, 1 raid.
    To be fair all those things in Angmar weren't part of original launch but product of multiple updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    I don't like this idea. I would like to see ALL mounts listed. Even if I can't get it anymore, I'd like to at least know what's out there if I see someone else with a unique mount. I don't see any reason to do this, other than so the OCD types (of which I am one, at times) wouldn't see a permanently incomplete mount collection and get all cranky. At least make this "unique feature" toggleable so we can see all existing mounts if we choose, please.
    I love the idea that mounts you can't get anymore are not shown. So you can complete the whole panel. There are many completionist out there (includes me).

Yeah... except you wouldn't REALLY be completing your collection. You would be completing the collection of mounts that SSG is choosing to show you and pretending that there aren't any more steeds out there. If that satisfies you, cool, and I have no problem with allowing us to display our mount collection that way, but I would also like the option to see every mount that exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Yeah... except you wouldn't REALLY be completing your collection. You would be completing the collection of mounts that SSG is choosing to show you and pretending that there aren't any more steeds out there. If that satisfies you, cool, and I have no problem with allowing us to display our mount collection that way, but I would also like the option to see every mount that exists.
    I often see mounts that I wish that I could identify. I'd like to see mounts, even if I can't acquire than, maybe even especially if I can't acquire them. My OCD might go crazy because I can't see some of them. This looks like a fine place for a toggleable option, like we have for other collections.

17. Sep 14 2017, 02:53 PM
    Reason
    Redundant

Thank you for the good work and the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishDaz View Post
    Thank you for the release notes.
    so much good in this beta...but i dont see what we all want most yet!
    Where is the tactical damage rating legacy scales properly to a maximum of 498.5 on Two-handed weapons, and 465.8 on one-handed weapons?

Welcome to our first open preview of Update 21.2. These notes are for Bullroarer, released on Thursday September 14th. Both the notes and the update are a work in progress, so you should expect things will change over time. We look forward to hearing your feedback and receiving your bug reports.

The Bullroarer database has been wiped. Please feel free to copy your current live character to Bullroarer using the LIVE transfer wizard.

Known Issues:

Our focused feedback for the new instances has been pushed back to the NEXT Bullroarer beta due to stability issues. During the NEXT beta session members of the QA team will be looking for full groups running the new instances (in particular the 6-person “The Dungeons of Naerband”) and will offer a lotro points code to a randomly selected player from those full groups a few times each day.

[LIST][*]To enter “The Dungeons of Naerband”, you will need to complete the discovery deed. Find the sewer culvert at the base of Naerband in Talath Urui at approximately 62.0S x 19.7E.[*]To enter “The Court of Seregost”, you will need to complete the discovery deed. Find the door up on the ramparts of Seregost around 49.0S x 33.0E. To climb Seregost, you will need to complete the Seregost quest line, or speak to Lansu in the Eyes & Guard tavern.[*]If you are making a new character on Bullroarer, or have not completed your Gorgoroth allegiance gear sets on your live copied character, please visit Vastin in the Eyes & Guard tavern and pick up packages labeled Last Alliance and Towers appropriate for your class. You may also want to select a few pieces from the "Mordor I <type> Abyssal" and "Mordor I <type> Wyrm" packages.
    Ok why did i spend $130 on this expansion on 2 accounts to have to run all over to unlock 1 instance and then i have to a quest chain of god knows how many quests to unlock another instance ????
    i can understand maybe if it was free exp to to VIP or bought for LP but its not,i want to have access to my PAID CONTENT without the drag of a grind just to access it! have you not learned anything from helms deep trait points or MT.

Please review how people on live server access this it is a pain to be running all over just to access it (content is good when challenging but horrible when it takes more effort just to find it).

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post

[*]In game voice chat: Party member voice volume can be adjusted individually.
    Holy mother of Frodo's peg leg half sister! After 10 years we can finally do this?!?!?!?!?
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

Angry again..where is the horse and the rider?

Where is the tactical damage rating legacy scales properly to a maximum of 498.5 on Two-handed weapons, and 465.8 on one-handed weapons?

Off-handers

Anything going to be happening with off-handers and their common damage? Being able to change it, or new ones with different types?

LOVE the filter feature, but would it be possible for us to add items by their database ID? And/or make it so every item we obtain (account-wide), would be added to a third column, which we could use to reference what items can be obtained and that we can use to drag from there to account/character filters (then you don't need the database). I assume the preferences are all saved on the server, but this list could probably be client-side to take up less storage and data transfer. And it would just cause player-lag if they looked at it.

Maybe a checkbox next to each item as well, so we could disable it from a list temporarily, without having to obtain the item again, and all you have to do is re-enable it or remove it from the list.

Also, maybe the ability to save/load the character and account filters to/from a file, so we can make multiple versions if we want for different occasions (without having to re-obtain everything to re-add to the lists). Would also help with sharing a list to multiple (but not all) characters.

I mean it's all sufficient as is, but some QoL changes could be made to improve it some more, especially if the system currently entirely takes place server-side and we can't easily save and share the choices.
    Last edited by pittcrew1; Sep 14 2017 at 03:34 PM.
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Saintjoan View Post
    This is not final...
    Yeah dream on mate , that's all we're getting : D

This update has a lot of nice features like the filter and the voice thingie , but honestly , it was supposed to be an instance cluster update.
    There are no fixes on classes , no fixes on itemization and only 2 instances , which is the worst historically. Count the raid too , we are getting 3 instances after 1.5 year.
    ( 1 year + 2-3 months since last raid )
    And those are facts ^^

Already looking for another game to play.
    I am done with this casual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniyel View Post
    so much good in this beta...but i dont see what we all want most yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniyel View Post
    please never give us that. The way physical ILI scaled up is ridiculous and only necessary because they have nonLI that have such values. Tacticals dont need that and should scale via skills, or ILI should scale with level. But ILI damage contribution should NOT only be interesting with the LAST 8 crystals. All crystals should have the same effect or if anything, the first crystals should have a stronger effect than the last.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast