We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    My pleasure, Earthsuit, I'm glad you are finding it useful.

Version 1.22 of Reminders is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.22 release notes:

New features:

• Added a "+" button for creating new tabs.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug that caused alerts to be duplicated when deleting, renaming, or changing the color of a tab.
    • Minor cosmetic bug fixes.

Other changes:

• Inactive tabs will now disappear when the mouse departs the window, if the "hide window border when mouse is away" option is enabled.

Feature request: Drag and drop (or right click and assign) a reminder to a tab.

Reasoning: I use tabs for characters. Reminders often assigns all reminders to the main character's (though seemingly haphazardly to others as well). I would like them to be tidy as I sort them.

Great plugin!

Permanently retired. Was Kibilturg, Guardian of Imladris (then Landroval & Crickhollow) and ~40 alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Urwendil View Post
    Feature request: Drag and drop (or right click and assign) a reminder to a tab.
    Drag and drop may be added in the future. For now, you can right-click on a reminder to move it to another tab. There is a trick, though: It can't be the currently selected reminder. So before right-clicking on the reminder, you should deselect the reminder, either by clicking another reminder, or by clicking in the blank area of the window.

Reasoning: I use tabs for characters. Reminders often assigns all reminders to the main character's (though seemingly haphazardly to others as well). I would like them to be tidy as I sort them.
    The plugin should not assign reminders to tabs "haphazardly". If it's doing that, it's a bug -- please let me know if this is the case.

For each type of automatic reminder (for example, crafting reminders) you can specify which tab the reminder will go under, for each character. This is in the options panel (click the big "options" button at the top of the window), under the "Character" tab.

First choose the character from the list at the top. Then you can enable/disable different kinds of automatic reminders, and specify which tabs they go in, and which categories (colors). All of these settings are character-specific, so if you have a different tab for each character (for example), the plugin can always put reminders relating to those characters under their own tabs.

When you manually create a reminder (by clicking the big "plus" button at the top of the window), the new reminder will be created under whichever tab you currently have selected.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Drag and drop may be added in the future. For now, you can right-click on a reminder to move it to another tab. There is a trick, though: It can't be the currently selected reminder. So before right-clicking on the reminder, you should deselect the reminder, either by clicking another reminder, or by clicking in the blank area of the window.

The plugin should not assign reminders to tabs "haphazardly". If it's doing that, it's a bug -- please let me know if this is the case.

For each type of automatic reminder (for example, crafting reminders) you can specify which tab the reminder will go under, for each character. This is in the options panel (click the big "options" button at the top of the window), under the "Character" tab.

First choose the character from the list at the top. Then you can enable/disable different kinds of automatic reminders, and specify which tabs they go in, and which categories (colors). All of these settings are character-specific, so if you have a different tab for each character (for example), the plugin can always put reminders relating to those characters under their own tabs.

When you manually create a reminder (by clicking the big "plus" button at the top of the window), the new reminder will be created under whichever tab you currently have selected.
    Once again I'm a noob Will go and explore the options the first time I'm in game.

(No problem at all with manual reminders)

Thanks for the tips!

Permanently retired. Was Kibilturg, Guardian of Imladris (then Landroval & Crickhollow) and ~40 alts.

Version 1.24 of Reminders is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.24 release notes:

Bug fixes:

• Some users reported crashes when logging out. In an attempt to fix this, I've implemented a workaround for an apparent bug in the game client, relating to saving of plugin settings.

New features:

• New option: Normally the plugin will not allow a tab to be deleted if it contains reminders. A new option will allow this safety protection to be turned off.
    • New option: You can now select "ants" or "solid line" for the style of the selection box.

Other changes:

• If the expiration time for an expired reminder is edited, the dialog will now show the previous expiration time, rather than "now". This facilitates easily adding a day/week to the last expiration time.

Version 1.27 of Reminders is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.27 release notes:

Bug fixes:

• More attempts to address the problem of crashing at logout, reported by some users. Please keep the reports coming!
    • The plugin should only open the main window at login if you had it open the last time you logged out. In the previous version, this didn't work.
    • Fixed some error messages that occurred if you installed the latest version of SequenceBars after installing Reminders.

Other changes:

• The plugin settings are no longer displayed within the Plugin Manager window; instead, they are displayed in their own separate window. (Attempt to eliminate crashing at logout.)
    • Updated French/German translations. Thanks Gloradan, Glafria.

• The plugin settings are no longer displayed within the Plugin Manager window; instead, they are displayed in their own separate window. (Attempt to eliminate crashing at logout.)
    • Updated French/German translations. Thanks Gloradan, Glafria.
    FWIW, if you included a bound scrollbar in your options panel and use the plugin manager that was one known source of plugin crashes. One of the many reasons I don't use the plugin manager for my options. I don't know if that is still a cause of crashes as I haven't had any reason to verify the behavior lately but if you are still curious, that would be one thing to check (just get rid of the scrollbar and see if the crashes go away) but I would still recommend ditching the plugin manager for options as there were other issues with it as well.

EDIT: I knew I vaguely recalled another author having a problem that was still related to the Options in the Plugin Manager not too long ago, it was gillothrin on lotrointerface.com:
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums...ad.php?p=11952
    I've been fighting a cold for the last week or I would have recalled this sooner.
    Last edited by Garan; Nov 19 2017 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    FWIW, if you included a bound scrollbar in your options panel and use the plugin manager that was one known source of plugin crashes. One of the many reasons I don't use the plugin manager for my options. I don't know if that is still a cause of crashes as I haven't had any reason to verify the behavior lately but if you are still curious, that would be one thing to check (just get rid of the scrollbar and see if the crashes go away) but I would still recommend ditching the plugin manager for options as there were other issues with it as well.

EDIT: I knew I vaguely recalled another author having a problem that was still related to the Options in the Plugin Manager not too long ago, it was gillothrin on lotrointerface.com:
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums...ad.php?p=11952
    I've been fighting a cold for the last week or I would have recalled this sooner.
    Thanks, Garan. Unfortunately testing is difficult, because I rarely see the problem on my setup, so I have to rely on users to send me feedback about whether the problem is solved. Removing the options from the Plugin Manager fixed the problem for one user, but another told me the problem is still happening. So I'm still looking for any other root causes. Please let me know if you think of any others.

Version 1.29 of Reminders is now available at lotrointerface.

I am still trying to develop a workaround for the crashing-at-logout issue. It is a bug in the Lotro client, but there is no hope of getting SSG to fix it, so it falls to plugin authors to isolate the particular feature that is broken. This is a very tedious and time-consuming process, since the crash doesn't occur until logout, and each client restart takes several minutes. I basically have to disable various parts of the plugin until the problem goes away, then add parts back in until it crashes, and so on. Since it doesn't crash every time, that just increases the number of test iterations.

Version 1.29 release notes:

Changes:

• I rolled back some changes I introduced in recent versions. Those were attempts to solve the logout-crashing problem, but seem to have made it worse.

Usage note:

• The client seems to be much more likely to crash at logout if you allow the timer to expire in the logout window. So to minimize crashing, you should click "Exit now" when that window opens.

Well, I found (and fixed in version 1.30) one problem that causes a crash at logout. Apparently, in an "Activated" event handler, if you call Activate() for another window, that does it. So instead, I now postpone the Activate() call until the next frame refresh ("Update").

Crossing my fingers, hoping that this will solve the problem for all users.

Well, I found (and fixed in version 1.30) one problem that causes a crash at logout. Apparently, in an "Activated" event handler, if you call Activate() for another window, that does it. So instead, I now postpone the Activate() call until the next frame refresh ("Update").

Crossing my fingers, hoping that this will solve the problem for all users.
    I have no problems at all since version 1.2...
    Probably comes from the way I usually play and close the game...
    Gloradan - www.guillian.fr

Custom Categories

Greets -

First I'd like to say that this is a great plugin. I use it for all my accounts. It's very useful.

I'm wondering if you plan to add to the functionality of the custom categories. I've added a new one for "Deeds", but to add the actual reminder I have to manually enter the information. While this is not an ordeal in any sense of the word, I'm wondering if you will add a greater detection for such things. I tried to modify it myself, but my knowledge of the API is not enough for me to recognize where you are reading the information from for things like ingredient boxes, quests, tasks, and etc.

Thanks again for your work here.
    ~~ If it hurts, it means you're still alive so you can stop whining. Now. ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Earthsuit View Post
    I'm wondering if you plan to add to the functionality of the custom categories. I've added a new one for "Deeds", but to add the actual reminder I have to manually enter the information. While this is not an ordeal in any sense of the word, I'm wondering if you will add a greater detection for such things. I tried to modify it myself, but my knowledge of the API is not enough for me to recognize where you are reading the information from for things like ingredient boxes, quests, tasks, and etc.
    I guess you figured out how to add your own custom categories.

I had not planned to add any automatic reminders relating to deeds. What kind of reminders did you have in mind? What do you need to be reminded of, and what's the time limit?

I guess you figured out how to add your own custom categories.

I had not planned to add any automatic reminders relating to deeds. What kind of reminders did you have in mind? What do you need to be reminded of, and what's the time limit?
    Currently, I'm looking at class deeds, but there would be others too. Would it be possible to treat them like recurring quests? Could you point out how/where you are recognizing recurring quests? Though my success is doubtful, I might could try my hand at doing this myself. It would help me look at a more advanced class of coding than I am currently able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthsuit View Post
    Currently, I'm looking at class deeds, but there would be others too. Would it be possible to treat them like recurring quests? Could you point out how/where you are recognizing recurring quests? Though my success is doubtful, I might could try my hand at doing this myself. It would help me look at a more advanced class of coding than I am currently able to do.
    The plugin detects quest bestowal/completion by watching the chat log. Based on the message, it either calls Window:QuestBestowed() or Window:QuestCompleted(), both of which are defined in Window.lua.

I don't think there's a chat message that occurs when you've done all of your class skill repetitions for the day (I could be wrong though), so I'd have to increment a counter each time you use that skill, and somehow have the knowledge that you're working on that deed. I can't think of a way to do it that wouldn't require a huge amount of effort and not really improve your life much. I think this is one of those cases where you should just manually create a reminder for yourself (with the big "+" button), and reset the expiration time each day.

Version 1.31 is now awaiting approval at lotrointerface.

Version 1.31 release notes:

New features:

• You can now optionally specify a category and tab for each repeated quest, if you do not wish to use the default category/tab that you have assigned for all repeated quests.
    • You now have more options for reset times for repeated quests. In addition to the standard daily reset time (3 AM), you can now specify any of the following:
      • daily at 6 AM
      • daily at 10 AM
      • daily at 3 and 10 AM
      • Mondays & Thursdays at 10 AM

As far as I know, all of the repeatable quests in the game use one of the above reset times (or they have a fixed cooldown period). Please tell me if you know of any others, and I'll add them.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Dec 30 2017 at 06:33 AM.

The plugin detects quest bestowal/completion by watching the chat log. Based on the message, it either calls Window:QuestBestowed() or Window:QuestCompleted(), both of which are defined in Window.lua.

I don't think there's a chat message that occurs when you've done all of your class skill repetitions for the day (I could be wrong though), so I'd have to increment a counter each time you use that skill, and somehow have the knowledge that you're working on that deed. I can't think of a way to do it that wouldn't require a huge amount of effort and not really improve your life much. I think this is one of those cases where you should just manually create a reminder for yourself (with the big "+" button), and reset the expiration time each day.
    Ok. I understand the issue now. As you say, I don't see any messages about the deeds either. Thanks.

Version 1.34 is now awaiting approval at lotrointerface.

Versions 1.32-1.34 release notes:

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug where the optional quest-specific category/tab for repeated quests was being ignored.
    • Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong offset between server time and local time to be detected.

Other changes:

• Improved the plugin's timekeeping between logins. (In previous versions, the expiration time for reminders could vary by as much as a few minutes, from day to day.) This change also enables cross-server support with JDrakul's trick.
    • Updated German translations from glafria

19. Mar 06 2018, 06:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Players are free to run the rotating set of dailies, but Restoring the Three Kingdoms resets every Sunday and Thursday at 3:00 AM Eastern. Restoring the Three Kingdoms is not required to run the other quests.
    Added support for this quest in v1.37. You can now choose "Sundays and Thursdays at 3:00 AM server time" as the reset time for a repeated quest.

Version 1.38 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.38 release notes:

Bug fixes:

• In the previous version, if a crafting operation achieved "critical success", automatic reminders didn't work. This is now fixed.
    • Fixed a minor bug that could cause an error message if the "Character" column was hidden.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Mar 23 2018 at 12:35 PM.

Version 1.39 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.39 release notes:

New features:

• To get your attention, there is now a "shockwave" effect when a reminder expires.
    • You can now right-click on a tab and merge it with another one. This is useful for merging automatically-created itineraries so you can do multiple deeds efficiently (e.g. treasure caches and discovery deeds).

Version 1.40 is now awaiting approval at lotrointerface.

Version 1.40 release notes:

New features:

• The plugin will now (optionally) generate popup notifications when reminders expire.
    • The plugin will now (optionally) ask you "Are you sure?" before deleting things (reminders, tabs and categories).
    • You can now specify the behavior of the "postpone" button that appears when you hover the mouse over an expired reminder: It can be set to postpone the reminder for a specified amount of time (either from now or from the previous expiration time) and a couple of other options.
    • You can now specify whether to show times in the past, e.g. "24 minutes ago" in the Time column, instead of "Now".

Bug fix:

• In the previous version, the locked/unlocked state of a table column was not saved. This is now fixed.

Other changes:

• The new features required some German/French translations, which I did with DeepL and Google. They probably aren't perfect. Translation help wanted.
    • The expiration time for manually-created new reminders will now be "never" if the Time column is hidden when you create the reminder. (If you have a whole tab full of reminders that never expire, you probably don't want any new reminder you create there to have an expiration time.)
    • Changed quotation mark style to language-specific. This may cause some expired reminders to not be "reused" properly because their descriptions are now slightly different, but subsequent "reuses" will work.

Version 1.42 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.42 release notes:

Bug fixes:

• Fixed an incompatibility with the latest version of SequenceBars.
    • Worked around a Lua API bug that could cause the "mouse wheel camera zoom feature" to stop working until the plugin is unloaded.

I am having a problem where Ingredient crates no longer trigger or reset an automatic reminder?
    My problem started a little while ago but I thought it was a problem relating to something else, but after reinstalling the plugin the problem still remains.

Is this just my install or is anybody else having ths issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit_uk View Post
    I am having a problem where Ingredient crates no longer trigger or reset an automatic reminder?
    My problem started a little while ago but I thought it was a problem relating to something else, but after reinstalling the plugin the problem still remains.

Is this just my install or is anybody else having ths issue?
    Thanks for reporting the problem. I'll look into it, but I may not have time until next weekend.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast