We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I went ahead and fixed the problem. Apparently SSG changed the chat window text that occurs when you open an ingredient crate. I'm not sure when this happened; it wasn't mentioned in the release notes.

Version 1.43 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.43 release notes:

Bug fixes:

• In some recent game update the "automatic reminders for ingredient crates" feature was broken. This is now fixed.
    • In previous versions, if you opened an ingredient crate without having the crate targeted, the reminder's description would mention an "unknown crate". This has been changed so the plugin no longer cares whether you have the crate targeted. It just uses the chat window text to get the name of the crate.

Thanks, you're a star

Version 1.44 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.44 release notes:

Bug fix:

• Another workaround for the Lua API bug that can cause the "mouse wheel camera zoom feature" to stop working until the plugin is unloaded. Thanks to SidTheMadHatter for reporting it. There may be other instances of this problem in the code; if your mouse wheel ever stops working while using this plugin, please let me know.

A question for people who like to use this plugin.

I am going to post a new release shortly, adding a new option for quest reset times: "on Thursdays at 3:00 AM server time", to accommodate the Hultvis weekly wrapper quests (Proecting the Beornings/Woodmen):

Are there any other new quest reset times that I need to add support for?

Internally, the plugin can support any time of the week (including multiple times), but I have not exposed the full functionality because the user interface would be complex, and because until now I thought there would be a very limited number of options for weekly reset times, which could be listed in a short dropdown menu. However, it seems like SSG is going down the path of arbitrarily choosing a random new weekly reset time every time they add a weekly-reset quest to the game.

Does anyone have an exhaustive list of all of the possible weekly reset times for quests currently in the game? Or should I just bite the bullet and create a complicated UI for specifying any combination of days/times?

Version 1.46 is now available at lotrointerface.

Versions 1.45 and 1.46 release notes:

New features:

• For the default time for (manually created) new reminders, you can now specify "Now", "Next login", "Server reset time", or "Never".
    • For automatic quest reminders, you can now choose "Thursday at 3 AM server time" for the quest reset time. This is to accommodate the Hultvis weekly quests.

Version 1.49 is now available at lotrointerface.

Versions 1.47-1.49 release notes:

New features:

• Added optional "bubble notifications" when reminders expire or are automatically created/updated:

Other changes:

• Added a reset time option for the "Longbeard Marks for Embers" quest (Sunday at 3 AM server time).
    • When you edit the options for a repeated quest by selecting it in the options panel ("Character" tab), you can now create the reminder immediately ("Create now"), rather than waiting for the next time the quest completes.

Version 1.50 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.50 release notes:

Bug fix:

• Fixed the bubble notification for automatic creation of a reminder: The description is now displayed properly.

Other changes:

• "Automatically create reminders for repeated quests" is now enabled by default.

Version 1.51 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.51 release notes:

New features:

• A new (optional) column has been added to the Reminders table: "Next reset". This column shows the next scheduled reset time (if any) after the expiration time and after the current time. Clicking on the value will allow you to specify a list of the daily/weekly reset times.
    • The "postpone" button () can now be configured (via right-click menu) to advance the expiration time to the next scheduled reset time (if any).
    • The "Repeated Quest" dialog, which gives you the option of creating automatic reminders for a repeated quest, now has a new checkbox allowing you to immediately create a reminder for the quest, rather than waiting for the quest to be completed. (That reminder will be updated when the quest is completed, if you have the "Automatic reminders should replace existing reminders (auto refresh)" option enabled.)
    • Improved the UI in the "Repeated Quest" dialog to allow specifying any arbitrary list of reset times for the quest, rather than just choosing from a short list of known reset times.

Other changes:

• The "postpone" button () will now always be available when you hover the mouse over the expiration time for a reminder. In previous versions, this button only appeared if the reminder was expired.
    • The plugin will now (optionally) ask you if you're sure when you click the X icon ("Forget this quest") in the "Known Repeatable Quests" list.

Known issues:

• German and French translations need to be updated. In particular, French translations haven't been updated by a human in a long time. I have used machine translations as placeholders.

This looks very useful, but I am having issues with it. I just installed it; the icon, windows, etc., show up, and I am able to create my own reminders. It doesn't do anything when running repeatable quests, though. I have the box checked to create reminders on repeatable quests, tasks, and crafting; it created a reminder for the crafting and the task, but not for the entire set of Minas Tirith dailies I ran.

Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmith View Post
    This looks very useful, but I am having issues with it. I just installed it; the icon, windows, etc., show up, and I am able to create my own reminders. It doesn't do anything when running repeatable quests, though. I have the box checked to create reminders on repeatable quests, tasks, and crafting; it created a reminder for the crafting and the task, but not for the entire set of Minas Tirith dailies I ran.

Am I doing something wrong?
    The plugin doesn't have an internal list of repeatable quests. The only way it can know that a quest is repeatable, is by watching you complete and then accept the quest again. The second time you accept a quest, it will ask you whether you want it to automatically create reminders for that quest in the future. That quest will then be included in the list of "Known Repeatable Quests" under the "Character" tab of the "Settings" window.

Aha! I wasn't sure if there was another way the plug-in could tell which were which; thank you for the help, and for making such a useful mod.

Version 1.53 is now available at lotrointerface.

Versions 1.52 and 1.53 release notes:

New features:

• A new (optional) column has been added to the Reminders table: "Notes". This column can store any arbitrary text about each reminder.
    • Preliminary support for chest locks. Doesn't work with chests that have "favoured/common completions", but should work for the Minas Morgul ones.

Known issues:

• German and French translations need to be updated. In particular, French translations haven't been updated by a human in a long time. I have used machine translations as placeholders.

Version 1.54 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.54 release notes:

New features:

• Added shell commands to toggle the visibilities of the window and icon. You can use this to assign a hotkey to open/close the window ("/shortcut 1 /reminders window toggle").

Bug fixes:

• Fixed the incorrect tooltip for the "postpone" button when "Defer until next server reset time" was selected.

Version 1.55 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.55 release notes:

New features:

• Expanded support for raid/chest locks:
      • The plugin will now handle locks with "completions remaining". It is assumed that only "favoured completions" are of interest. If only "common completions" are available, the lock is considered to be active.
      • The plugin will now allow you to specify which raid/chest locks you want to create reminders for.

Bug fixes:

• Chat messages that are used to trigger automatic reminders will no longer be ignored if they occur during combat.

Other changes:

• Sections in the settings window are now expandable/collapsible.

Known issues:

• If you learn a new recipe while the plugin is running, the plugin cannot access the cooldown info for the new recipe, until the next time the plugin is loaded. (This is due to a bug in the game client that I cannot work around.) Therefore, the plugin won't create automatic reminders for that recipe until it is reloaded.
    • Raid/chest locks with "completions remaining" are not supported in the French client. French translations in general are becoming more and more out-of-date. Help with French translations and testing with the French client are wanted.
    • I machine-translated some German text. Please send me corrections.

Version 1.56 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 1.56 release notes:

New features:

• You can now set the plugin's language independently of the game client's language. This is to accommodate people who play the game in English (because of deficiencies in the German and French translations) but would prefer the plugin to operate in German or French.
    • Added an "X" (delete) button to the Character settings panel. This allows you to restore the settings to the defaults for an existing character, or remove settings for deleted characters.
    • New tab-specific options:
      • You can now set for each tab whether the reminders will generate a pop-up notification.
      • You can now set for each tab whether the icon will be updated when a reminder expires. (For example, you could have a separate tab for "low-priority" reminders that you don't want to be alerted about.)

Bug fixes:

• "Throne of the Dread Terror" raid locks are now properly tracked. (It outputs the information in the chat window in a different format from the other raids. Please let me know if you find other examples that don't work.)

Other changes:

• Since recipe discovery freezes the client for several seconds at login, it can now be turned off. It will now only be done if "Create reminders for crafting cooldowns" is enabled.
    • Improved German translations. Thanks, Rimeya!

Version 2.00 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.00 release notes:

New features:

• The plugin now supports multiple servers: You can see reminders for all characters on all servers at the same time.
    • If you don't want to see reminders for other characters or servers, there is a new "filter" button at the top of the window.
    • There is a new (optional) column in the main window: Server.

Bug fixes:

• The language of the icon and the shell command will now be updated when you select a language in the Options panel.
    • Deleting the settings for a user now works correctly if "Ask before deleting" is disabled.
    • Default categories for automatic reminders are now updated properly when categories are renamed.

Other changes:

• The table's sort feature now uses a "stable sorting algorithm", so you can sort on multiple columns by clicking them in sequence.
    • German translations by Rimeya. Danke schön! (I still need a French translator.)

Other Notes:

• The first time you load version 2.00, the plugin will migrate your server-specific data to an account-wide data file. This will be repeated for each server, the first time you login to that server.
    • Since the plugin can't detect the name of the server (due to a Lua API limitation), you will be asked to select the server name.

Version 2.01 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.01 release notes:

New features:

• Reminders that have been automatically created/updated now have a button for opening the settings window(s) related to the automatic creation/update.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug that could cause the main window to be displayed incorrectly at login if "Hide window controls when mouse is away" was enabled.
    • In the previous version, in the "Repeated quest" and "Raid lock" dialogs, if editing the settings for a character other than the one currently logged in, when "Remind me" was clicked with the "Now" checkbox enabled, an error message was displayed in the chat window, and the reminder was not created. This is now fixed.

Other changes:

• The "Repeated quest" and "Raid lock" dialogs now show the character name (and server, if different from the currently logged-in server) that they pertain to.
    • Reduced the "shimmering" and bubble-notification spam. Items will now "shimmer" only once after expiring; not every time you login, etc.
    • The Escape key no longer closes the Reminders window. You can assign a hotkey to open/close the window using a shortcut, e.g. "/shortcut 1 /reminders toggle window".

Version 2.03 is now available at lotrointerface.

Versions 2.02 and 2.03 release notes:

New features:

• The plugin will now back up its settings file when it starts up. The backup files will be located at
      Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/PluginData/account/AllServers/Reminders_backupx.plugindata
      where x is a number representing the day of the week (1 = Sunday, 2 = Monday, ..., 7 = Saturday).

Bug fixes:

• In the previous version, the icon remained hidden after the HUD was toggled back on (F12).
    • In the previous version, deleting an expired reminder failed to update the icon's tooltip and the number of expired reminders denoted in the icon itself.
    • (2.02) Fixed the "Repeated quest" dialog, which was broken in version 2.01.

Version 2.04 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.04 release notes:

Bug fix:

• Fixed a bug that sometimes generated a series of error messages at plugin startup, if any of the tables had been sorted on the Distance column at the time of the previous logout.

Version 2.05 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.05 release notes:

Bug fix:

• Fixed a bug that prevented "Task" reminders from being automatically updated, generating an error message instead.

Repeatable Quests Not Showing

I don't see repeatable quests in any panel, although I see the data in the plugindata file.

Also, I'm getting this error message "Online\Plugins\Thurallor\Remi nders\OptionsPanel.lua:163: attempt to index local 'tabSettings' (a nil value)"

What can I do to fix these problems?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Firelake View Post
    I don't see repeatable quests in any panel, although I see the data in the plugindata file.

Also, I'm getting this error message "Online\Plugins\Thurallor\Remi nders\OptionsPanel.lua:163: attempt to index local 'tabSettings' (a nil value)"

Thanks.
    Thanks for reporting the issue(s). Please send me your .plugindata file at thurallor@spitzensparken.com.

Missing Repeatable Quests

Thanks.
    I think I know what the problem is. When the plugin asks me if I want to add the repeatable quest, besides answering "Yes", I need to check the box labeled "Now". I did not. Is there a way to add the quest reminder retroactively?

Thanks.

I think I know what the problem is. When the plugin asks me if I want to add the repeatable quest, besides answering "Yes", I need to check the box labeled "Now". I did not. Is there a way to add the quest reminder retroactively?
    Yes.

1. Open the settings panel.
    2. Click the "Character" tab.
    3. Select your character.
    4. Make sure the "Create reminders for repeatable quests" box is checked.
    5. Down below, there should be a "Known Repeatable Quests" section. (Note: Quests will only appear in this section after the plugin has observed you receiving the quest for the second time. And if the plugin hasn't yet observed you repeating any quests, this section will not be shown.)
    6. Find your quest in this section. Click its title to open the settings window for that quest.
    7. Check the "now" box, and click "Remind me".

This should immediately create a reminder which should appear in the main window.

(If you don't check the "Now" checkbox, then the plugin will wait until the next time you complete the quest before creating the reminder.)

I'm still trying to figure out how the error message is occurring. Are you using the latest version of the plugin (2.05)?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post

I'm still trying to figure out how the error message is occurring. Are you using the latest version of the plugin (2.05)?
    The error message appeared only once. It has not appeared since. Thanks!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast