We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Problem

On one server (I play on 7, but this only occurs on Gladden) ALL my toons get the Reminder window opening up as soon as I log them on. I have searched all the options and cannot tell how to revert it back to only opening when I click the shortcut icon. HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruisert View Post
    On one server (I play on 7, but this only occurs on Gladden) ALL my toons get the Reminder window opening up as soon as I log them on. I have searched all the options and cannot tell how to revert it back to only opening when I click the shortcut icon. HELP!!
    Hi Ruisert,

This problem is due to the fact that Reminders only saves its settings when you change something "important". Currently, I don't deem the window being opened/closed as important enough to trigger a save. Also, the plugin no longer saves its settings at logout, because that was causing crashes at some point.

The workaround is simple:
    1. Close your Reminders window.
    2. Do something that causes the plugin to save its settings. Example: Move the icon slightly.
    3. Logout.

The next time you login, the window should be closed.

Edit: I have no idea why this problem would only exist on one server, unless you're using an old version of the plugin. If you're using the current version (2.05), the settings file is account-wide, not server-specific.

Thanks for the info. My first thought was to make sure the plugin was up-to-date, so that was the first thing I checked after going thru the options and not finding anything. I'm not sure, but I've been having some game crashes since the update before this latest, so maybe that's causing this to occur only on Gladden. Oh, wait. I joined a new kin on Gladden that has an ingredient crate that I can use. I rolled thru the kinhouse to use it when I brought all my toons over, so I think that has something to do with this issue. Possibly a combination of the 2.
    And your solution works, just tested it, and it works on all my toons despite only having to jiggle the icon on one.
    Thanks for the quick response! I really appreciate it, and the work you've put it into making these plugins. I think I have 2 or 3. I have a lot, hard to keep track.
    Last edited by Ruisert; Dec 17 2020 at 10:22 AM.

Version 2.06 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.06 release notes:

New features:

• The plugin now has a "Detect" button to automatically detect the server name.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug in the Migrate dialog (shown when upgrading the plugin from version 1.x to 2.x) -- the file pathnames were displayed incorrectly in some cases.
    • Fixed a bug in the Itinerary dialog -- the number of found locations was not displayed properly.

Other changes:

• In the automatic reminder options dialogs (for quests and raid/chest locks), ticking the "Now" checkbox will now create/update the reminder in the "expired" state (suggested by Dwarrowdel). Also added a tooltip to help explain its meaning.
    • Updated French translations (thanks to homeopatix). The name of the plugin in French is now "Rappels", rather than "Mémos". Accordingly, the chat command in the French client has changed to "/rappels". Any existing shortcuts using the old "/memos" command need to be updated.
    • Added support for raid/chest lock detection in the French client (thanks to homeopatix).

Favored Chests

Is there a way to make Reminders aware of Favored Chests, like for example, Stairs T2 has 2 favored chests?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Firelake View Post
    Is there a way to make Reminders aware of Favored Chests, like for example, Stairs T2 has 2 favored chests?

Thanks.
    Please send me the output of your "/raid locks" command and I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Please send me the output of your "/raid locks" command and I will look into it.
    Received, thanks.

Reminders only has rudimentary support for "favoured completions". Any time you open such a chest, there will be a message in the chat window, for example:

• Groz-and-Ulk's Chest - Tier 2: You have 1 favoured completion remaining.
      In this case, the reminder's "Time" will be set to "now", indicating that you can redo it immediately.

• Groz-and-Ulk's Chest - Tier 2: You have 3 completions remaining.
      In this case, the plugin presumes that you don't want to waste your time doing "unfavoured" completions. The reminder's "Time" will be set to the next reset time for the chest. You can configure the reset times (the plugin doesn't know them automatically):
      1. In the main window, click the "Options" button to open the options window.
      2. Click the "Character" tab.
      3. Expand the "Known Raid/Chest Locks" section.
      4. Click the name of the chest.
      5. Edit the reset times and click "Remind me".
      6. Enter "/raid locks" in the chat window to update all of your raid/chest lock reminders.

• Groz-and-Ulk's Chest - Tier 2 resets in: 0d - 13h - 13m.
      In this case, the reminder's "Time" will be set to 13h 13m. (In this case the plugin doesn't need to be told the reset times, because the reset time is given in the chat window message.)

Issuing the "/raid locks" command in the chat window will cause all of your raid/chest lock reminders to be updated (or created, if they don't exist).

Thanks!

Thanks!

Character Switch Load Times

It seems to take a lot longer to switch characters when the Reminders Plugin is loaded. Please see if you can reproduce this problem.

Thank you.

It seems to take a lot longer to switch characters when the Reminders Plugin is loaded. Please see if you can reproduce this problem.

Thank you.
    If you have the option "Create reminders for crafting cooldowns" enabled, then the plugin must download your recipe book each time you login. Unfortunately this can take quite a while (10+ seconds) due to the implementation of the Lua API.

The only way to avoid this delay is to disable the option.

That Worked! :)

Thank you.
    That worked! Thank you very much!

Version 2.07 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.07 release notes:

• The plugin now supports the new servers Shadowfax and Treebeard.

Keep Servers Separate

Version 2.07 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.07 release notes:

• The plugin now supports the new servers Shadowfax and Treebeard.
    Is there a way to keep reminders from one server separate from reminders from another server?

Thanks

Is there a way to keep reminders from one server separate from reminders from another server?

Thanks
    What do you mean by "keep it separate"?

You can show only the current server and hide reminders from other servers by clicking the "filter" button at the top of the window.

That Worked!

What do you mean by "keep it separate"?

You can show only the current server and hide reminders from other servers by clicking the "filter" button at the top of the window.
    Perfect! That's exactly what I wanted!

Thanks.

Version 2.08 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.08 release notes:

• Startup time is reduced by not loading the recipe book until it is needed. Instead of loading the recipe book at login (an operation which can take 10 seconds or more depending on your connection speed and character level) the plugin will now wait to load it until you actually start crafting. (Note that, just as in previous versions, if you don't have the "Create reminders for crafting cooldowns" option enabled, the recipe book will never be loaded.)

Incorrect Crafting Entries

Version 2.08 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.08 release notes:

• Startup time is reduced by not loading the recipe book until it is needed. Instead of loading the recipe book at login (an operation which can take 10 seconds or more depending on your connection speed and character level) the plugin will now wait to load it until you actually start crafting. (Note that, just as in previous versions, if you don't have the "Create reminders for crafting cooldowns" option enabled, the recipe book will never be loaded.)
    My Historian crafted Scholar:Sunstone-worthy Batch of Crafts, but the Reminders entry says "Weaponsmith:Sunstone-worthy Batch of Crafts".

My Historian crafted Scholar:Sunstone-worthy Batch of Crafts, but the Reminders entry says "Weaponsmith:Sunstone-worthy Batch of Crafts".
    Thanks for reporting this bug. I will investigate this weekend.

19. Mar 14 2022, 07:04 PM

Version 2.09 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.09 release notes:

New features:

• For automatically-created crafting reminders, the plugin will now populate the "Notes" field with the recipe's profession, tier, and category:

Bug fixes:

• For automatic crafting reminders, the plugin can now distinguish among different recipes with the same name; i.e. when recipes in different professions or tiers have the same name. It does so by comparing the recipe's ingredients to the most recently removed items from inventory. In previous versions, the plugin might create a reminder for the wrong profession or tier in such cases. (Thanks to Firelake for reporting this.)
    Last edited by Thurallor; Mar 14 2022 at 10:30 PM.

Tested Version 2.09. Works Great!

Thank you!

Filter isn't working for me.

No matter what filter I choose, the window still shows every alt I have. I haven't made tabs for all of them, yet. But there's enough that it's already starting to get crowded.
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong and how to fix this?

No matter what filter I choose, the window still shows every alt I have. I haven't made tabs for all of them, yet. But there's enough that it's already starting to get crowded.
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong and how to fix this?
    Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong, but it could be a bug. Would you mind sending me your settings file, so I can investigate?

...\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData\ <account> \AllServers\Reminders.plugindata

Thanks. But...

How do I send it to you? Forums doesn't seem to have a way to upload the file directly and isn't letting me copy/paste it, same w/ email.

For what it's worth, Reminders was behaving exactly this way on the old computer a year ago. Also, I downloaded it with Plugin Compendium both times. I know there's issues with Compendium and some plugs sometimes. Maybe that's the problem?
    Last edited by Ruisert; Nov 08 2022 at 09:57 AM.

How do I send it to you? Forums doesn't seem to have a way to upload the file directly and isn't letting me copy/paste it, same w/ email.

For what it's worth, Reminders was behaving exactly this way on the old computer a year ago. Also, I downloaded it with Plugin Compendium both times. I know there's issues with Compendium and some plugs sometimes. Maybe that's the problem?
    I am not aware of any (recent) problems with installing my plugins from Plugin Compendium. I sent you my e-mail address in a PM.

I sent you my e-mail address in a PM.
    Email sent.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast