We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruisert View Post
    No matter what filter I choose, the window still shows every alt I have. I haven't made tabs for all of them, yet. But there's enough that it's already starting to get crowded.
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong and how to fix this?
    Okay, having looked at your settings, I see that I misunderstood the problem. I apologize for not having carefully read what you wrote.

This isn't actually a bug. Currently, the "filter" option only decides which reminders are displayed -- not which tabs. All tabs are always displayed. You can only filter which reminders (rows in the table under the tab) are displayed.

However, I do understand your problem -- since you have many alts, and you want a tab for each alt, you would like to be able to only display the tabs associated with the current character or server. I will put some thought into the best way to support this:
    • Any tabs that are empty with the current filter settings could be hidden.
    • Or I could add a tab-grouping mechanism.
    • Or another row of tabs, so you can have more of them without them getting scrunched together.

In the meantime, you could address the problem yourself by having fewer tabs. Maybe you could have a tab for each server, instead of one for each character. (You can turn on the "Server" column by right-clicking on any column heading. You can merge together existing tabs by right-clicking on the tab name.) Or, a tab for each activity (crafting, quests, etc.) Then use the "filter" option to hide the other characters.

If/when I release a new version that addresses the problem of too many tabs, I will post the release notes here. Thanks for reporting the issue, I will definitely look into it.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Nov 09 2022 at 02:54 PM.

Ah, ok. Glad we got that cleared up. I was misunderstanding how the filter works. I'll play around with it, sounds like the Server tabs thing will be best.

Version 2.10 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.10 release notes:

New features:

• Tabs will now be automatically hidden (but accessible from the "..." menu) if the window is not wide enough to display them all. This prevents a situation in which the tabs are all scrunched together and overlapping:

• There is a new global option: "Filter button hides empty tabs". If this option is enabled, when you click the Filter button, any tabs that become empty will be hidden (but are still accessible from the "..." menu).

Bug fixes:

• In the previous version, after merging tabs, the target tabs for automatic reminders were not updated from the old tab to the new one. This is now fixed.

Version 2.11 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.11 release notes:

Changes:

• The plugin was broken by Update 34. This version implements a workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Version 2.10 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 2.10 release notes:

New features:

• Tabs will now be automatically hidden (but accessible from the "..." menu) if the window is not wide enough to display them all. This prevents a situation in which the tabs are all scrunched together and overlapping:

• There is a new global option: "Filter button hides empty tabs". If this option is enabled, when you click the Filter button, any tabs that become empty will be hidden (but are still accessible from the "..." menu).

Bug fixes:

• In the previous version, after merging tabs, the target tabs for automatic reminders were not updated from the old tab to the new one. This is now fixed.

Nice! Hey! How did Adairia and Aedhuineth end up in that graphic?!? I was like wait, what?!? Those 2 are my mains on Laurelin and Landroval. LOL.

Don't know any of those other people, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruisert View Post
    Nice! Hey! How did Adairia and Aedhuineth end up in that graphic?!? I was like wait, what?!? Those 2 are my mains on Laurelin and Landroval. LOL.

Don't know any of those other people, though.
    Ha... that was inadvertent, sorry. I used your settings file for testing, but before I made the screencap, I renamed all of the tabs with random names. (Some people wouldn't like everyone to know the names of all of their alts.) But I forgot to change the names of the characters for those reminders, oops!

No worries. I thought it was pretty amusing.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits

Best Quality of Life Plugin

OMG!
    I just discovered this Plugin. (WHY did you hide it?!?! ;-) )
    I'm absolutely thrilled! This is the best "quality of life" plugin I've ever seen for LOTRO!
    You did a great work with the UI too! I love how you did the pop-up in/out transition for the plugin window, and the UI itself (with the tabs) is nice & clean, it is just great!

======
    They are two things I discovered, that the plugin can't / don't track:
    1) The weekly "Crafting for embers/motes" repeatable quests.
    2) The other Weekly Gundabad etc. quests for embers/motes.
    (but of course I can create my oven remind for both of that for my characters, and I am happy already, that I can track these things in game instead of a spreadsheet)

==
    Mybe a bug ...
    Do you track all quest?
    Becaus i can see in the Reminder.plugindata some non-repeatable quests and I think this can blow up the file over time.

==
    Wishlist (if I may):
    Disabling a category without to delete it.
    So if someone doesn't want the instance reminders, just disabling that category entirely.

Show disabled timers to reactivate them.
    I can see in the Reminder.plugindata for T10 delving (shorted here):
    ["$Erkunder-Opal (Stufe 10)"] = {["$enabled"] = false}

A counter for tracked instance quests:

Example: when I did Sarch Vorn the plugin popped up with the question, if I would like to set a reminder for the encounter (instance quest: kill boss 1, kill boss 2 etc.)
    It would be great if we could set a counter for such kind of quests like: count X times, then set a new reminder. I know, it sounds like the "LootLogs" Plugin.
    Maybe it would be enough if we just could set an option "count the reminder". Which simple would track how many times a reminder (in the category instance) was done (eventually including the last update time)

btw: I see in the Reminder.plugindata thing like that:

["$questInfo"] --> ["$Sarch Vorn, das Schwarze Grab (Stufe 3)"] = {["$lastCompleted"] = "#491240865.76527"}

What is the ["$raidlocks"] are for? ;-)
    Maybe can we have the counter there?

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    OMG!
    I just discovered this Plugin. (WHY did you hide it?!?! ;-) )
    I'm absolutely thrilled! This is the best "quality of life" plugin I've ever seen for LOTRO!
    You did a great work with the UI too! I love how you did the pop-up in/out transition for the plugin window, and the UI itself (with the tabs) is nice & clean, it is just great!
    I am glad that you are enjoying the plugin. Maybe you can help get the word out, so more people will use it!

They are two things I discovered, that the plugin can't / don't track:
    1) The weekly "Crafting for embers/motes" repeatable quests.
    2) The other Weekly Gundabad etc. quests for embers/motes.
    (but of course I can create my oven remind for both of that for my characters, and I am happy already, that I can track these things in game instead of a spreadsheet)
    The quests will be tracked...eventually.

The plugin does not have an internal list of which quests are repeatable. The only way it can know if a quest is repeatable is by observing that you have accepted the quest for a second time. Then, it will ask you if you would like to create a reminder for it. For these weekly quests, you will have to wait a week until the second time you accept the quests.

Mybe a bug ...
    Do you track all quest?
    Becaus i can see in the Reminder.plugindata some non-repeatable quests and I think this can blow up the file over time.
    Yes, the plugin remembers all quests that you have accepted. This is for the purpose of detecting repeated quests (see above). As a result, since there are over 10000 quests, the plugin file could theoretically get relatively large (~2 MB). However, for today's computers, this is still "small" and easy to work with. It will occupy RAM while the plugin is running, but this is still a "small" amount compared to the several GB used by the game client.

Wishlist (if I may):
    Disabling a category without to delete it.
    So if someone doesn't want the instance reminders, just disabling that category entirely.
    Your wish is granted. You can already do this. It is in the Settings window, under the Character tab, in the Automatic Reminders section:

Even if you disable this option, you can still manually create reminders in the "Instances" category, if you want. (Deleting a category will not turn off automatic reminders. You can specify any category for each type of automatic reminder.)

Show disabled timers to reactivate them.
    I can see in the Reminder.plugindata for T10 delving (shorted here):
    ["$Erkunder-Opal (Stufe 10)"] = {["$enabled"] = false}
    Your second wish is granted!

Click the quest name for options related to the quest.

A counter for tracked instance quests:

Example: when I did Sarch Vorn the plugin popped up with the question, if I would like to set a reminder for the encounter (instance quest: kill boss 1, kill boss 2 etc.)
    It would be great if we could set a counter for such kind of quests like: count X times, then set a new reminder. I know, it sounds like the "LootLogs" Plugin.
    Maybe it would be enough if we just could set an option "count the reminder". Which simple would track how many times a reminder (in the category instance) was done (eventually including the last update time)

btw: I see in the Reminder.plugindata thing like that:

["$questInfo"] --> ["$Sarch Vorn, das Schwarze Grab (Stufe 3)"] = {["$lastCompleted"] = "#491240865.76527"}

What is the ["$raidlocks"] are for? ;-)
    Maybe can we have the counter there?
    The plugin does have some support for raid/chest locks. If you enable "Erinnerungen für Schlachtzug-/Lootsperren erstellen" (Create reminders for raid/chest locks), the plugin will try to create/update a reminder each time you complete a raid or open a chest. You can issue the chat command "/schlachtzug sperren" (/raid locks) to force the plugin to create reminders for all of your locks.

You can choose which lock(s) you want reminders for, similar to quests. (The plugin considers each raid/chest to be separate, but there is no reason you have to create a reminder for every one of them.)
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jan 08 2023 at 03:10 PM.

Trainer of the Rabbits
    Ah. OK. Good to know.

Your wish is granted. You can already do this. It is in the Settings window, under the Character tab, in the Automatic Reminders section:
    You won't believe it, if I say I didn't see that / didn't pay much attention to all that check boxes ... *LOL* what a facepalm!

Your second wish is granted!
    Click the quest name for options related to the quest.
    *OMG* ... I didn't take a look in that options after some time.
    Good to know. I saw now a couple of things on different characters. NICE!

The plugin does have some support for raid/chest locks. If you enable "Erinnerungen für Schlachtzug-/Lootsperren erstellen" (Create reminders for raid/chest locks), the plugin will try to create/update a reminder each time you complete a raid or open a chest. You can issue the chat command "/schlachtzug sperren" (/raid locks) to force the plugin to create reminders for all of your locks.

You can choose which lock(s) you want reminders for, similar to quests. (The plugin considers each raid/chest to be separate, but there is no reason you have to create a reminder for every one of them.)
    OK. I saw that now on the char which one did the instance.

That's the place where a counter could be nice in the future.
    Maybe an automatic: reset counter after x times on day A at hour H (like how it is for the reminder itself)

I don't quite understand what you mean by a counter. What quantity needs to be counted? I have not done any of the recent raids, so maybe there is a mechanism I am unfamiliar with.

This is a feature that I could add. But I am curious as to why you would want to count the number of times you have completed a raid or opened a chest.

Trainer of the Rabbits
    I don't quite understand what you mean by a counter. What quantity needs to be counted? I have not done any of the recent raids, so maybe there is a mechanism I am unfamiliar with.

This is a feature that I could add. But I am curious as to why you would want to count the number of times you have completed a raid or opened a chest.
    In instances and skirmishes, you have a "favoured loot" (or favoured pull/chest). A player can do an instance x times (in case of Sarch Vorn 3 times) with the favoured chest pull. After that, he only can have x times common chest pull and after that the player don't get any loot from the instance chest. The favoured loot system has been implemented in 2018.

The counter I am asked for would be for that: count the numbers a character opened a chest. So the player is able to see: "ah, my warden did this instance/opened the 3rd boss chest already 3 times this week, so he doesn't have any "favoured loot" left until the weekly reset".

In instances and skirmishes, you have a "favoured loot" (or favoured pull/chest). A player can do an instance x times (in case of Sarch Vorn 3 times) with the favoured chest pull. After that, he only can have x times common chest pull and after that the player don't get any loot from the instance chest. The favoured loot system has been implemented in 2018.

The counter I am asked for would be for that: count the numbers a character opened a chest. So the player is able to see: "ah, my warden did this instance/opened the 3rd boss chest already 3 times this week, so he doesn't have any "favoured loot" left until the weekly reset".
    Ah, I see, thank you.

The plugin assumes that nobody wants to run the instance if he cannot get "favoured" loot. So, if the chat window message says "Euch verbleiben x bevorzugte Abschlüsse" (You have x favoured completions remaining), the plugin will set the time for the reminder to "Jetzt" (Now). If the chat window message says "Euch verbleiben x Abschlüsse" (You have x completions remaining), the plugin will set the time for the reminder to the next reset time for the raid. This assumes that you have properly configured the reset times for the raid:

(I just noticed that "Every day" and the day names are not translated here. I'll fix that in the next version.)

I could make the plugin automatically add the number of favoured completions in the "Notizen" (Notes) column:

(You can enable this column by right-clicking on any column heading in the table.)

Trainer of the Rabbits
    Ah, I see, thank you.

The plugin assumes that nobody wants to run the instance if he cannot get "favoured" loot. So, if the chat window message says "Euch verbleiben x bevorzugte Abschlüsse" (You have x favoured completions remaining), the plugin will set the time for the reminder to "Jetzt" (Now). If the chat window message says "Euch verbleiben x Abschlüsse" (You have x completions remaining), the plugin will set the time for the reminder to the next reset time for the raid. This assumes that you have properly configured the reset times for the raid:
    Sounds great!
    Question of understanding:
    What does the timer mean with "Wann wird diese Schlachtzug-/Lootsperre zurückgesetzt?" (When does this raid/chest lock reset?) ?
    There is a daily reset for the chest, and there is a weekly reset for the "favoured chest pull".
    I can set the reminder to Thursday (Donnerstag) and then I will see that time in the "Nächste Zurücksetzung" (next reset) column.
    That is basically super.

But, what does the Zeit (Time) column is meaning?
    For the "premium chest" it shows me the time remaining until next opening, respectively the time that is passed since I could have opened the chest.
    But for the instances is shows "now" (jetzt) - if I set that in the global options - respectively the time that is passed since I have opened the chest.
    And this is something I don't really understand.

(I just noticed that "Every day" and the day names are not translated here. I'll fix that in the next version.)
    Hm?

I could make the plugin automatically add the number of favoured completions in the "Notizen" (Notes) column:

(You can enable this column by right-clicking on any column heading in the table.)

That would be cool and enough ;-)
    Last edited by CaerArianrhod; Jan 11 2023 at 06:23 PM.

There is a daily reset for the chest, and there is a weekly reset for the "favoured chest pull".
    Before I can answer your questions, I need clarification on the above. What do you mean by "there is a daily reset for the chest"? I thought you could open the chest multiple times per day, as long as you have "favoured completions remaining". Is that not true?

Can you show me the output of "/schlachtzug sperren" (/raid locks) when you are waiting for this daily chest reset?

Trainer of the Rabbits
    Before I can answer your questions, I need clarification on the above. What do you mean by "there is a daily reset for the chest"? I thought you could open the chest multiple times per day, as long as you have "favoured completions remaining". Is that not true?

Can you show me the output of "/schlachtzug sperren" (/raid locks) when you are waiting for this daily chest reset?
    Before I can answer your questions, I need to talk to my old friend Alzheimer.
    I saw too many loot systems in this game.
    Forgot what I said about daily reset. You're right, there is no daily reset on this instance-chests. I totally forgot, that I can do and have done multiple runs on the same day.
    Now it makes totally sense to show the timer as it is, with the time since the last opening.
    Sorry for the confusion!

Ah, okay, thanks. I will see about adding the favoured completions to the "Notes" in the next version.

I have added the feature. There is a new option to enable it:

Can you please translate it into German for me?

Record favoured completions in "Notes"

Trainer of the Rabbits

This happens only if you change the language in the plugin.
    I am playing with the German client. When I changed the language in the plugin to English, the "Every day" and the day names remain German.
    Also, the "default" category names (Instances, Tasks, Quests etc.) remain German (in my case).

====

Some other thing, where I am not sure if you can do anything about it:
    There is the weekly special quest for tasks (where you got a "Universal Optional Crafting Ingredient" for 10 task quests).
    You are looking in the German version for the Word "Auftrag", which is working for a normal task quest very well.
    Unfortunately, German is sometimes a funny language, so for this wrapper quest it is not "Auftrag" but "Aufträge" (the plural)
    This is how it looks in the chat (after one is finished one task quest and the weekly special quest is starting / not finished):

[01/14 04:58:16 PM] Neue Aufgabe: Anstehende Aufträge
    [01/14 04:58:16 PM] Anzahl erfüllter Aufträge (1/10)
    [01/14 05:22:38 PM] Anzahl erfüllter Aufträge (10/10)
    [01/14 05:22:38 PM] Abgeschlossen:
    Anstehende Aufträge
    [01/14 06:11:14 PM] New Quest: The Tasks at Hand
    [01/14 06:11:14 PM] Completed tasks (1/10)
    [01/14 06:17:08 PM] Completed tasks (10/10)
    [01/14 06:17:08 PM] Completed:
    The Tasks at Hand

Trainer of the Rabbits
    I have added the feature. There is a new option to enable it:

Can you please translate it into German for me?

"Zähle die bevorzugten Abschlüsse in den Notizen"

This happens only if you change the language in the plugin.
    I am playing with the German client. When I changed the language in the plugin to English, the "Every day" and the day names remain German.
    Yes, I have fixed this also, but forgot to mention it.

Also, the "default" category names (Instances, Tasks, Quests etc.) remain German (in my case).
    Hmm. The way it currently works, the category names are set when you run the plugin for the first time, to the defaults for your language. After that, you can modify the category names, so it would not be appropriate to overwrite the user's preferred category names when switching languages.

However, when switching languages, I could search the categories for these "default" names, and update only the ones using default names. I think a lot of people use the default names, so this would be a good feature. I will add it.

Some other thing, where I am not sure if you can do anything about it:
    There is the weekly special quest for tasks (where you got a "Universal Optional Crafting Ingredient" for 10 task quests).
    You are looking in the German version for the Word "Auftrag", which is working for a normal task quest very well.
    Unfortunately, German is sometimes a funny language, so for this wrapper quest it is not "Auftrag" but "Aufträge" (the plural)
    This is how it looks in the chat (after one is finished one task quest and the weekly special quest is starting / not finished):
    You neglected to tell me what the problem is.

The wrapper quest is not an "Auftrag" (Task) quest; it is a separate thing. I understand that for many people (perhaps most), tracking the two separately is not desirable. However, for a new player with a maximum daily task limit of 5 (for example), it would be useful. You need a daily reminder to do the tasks, even though you will only complete the wrapper quest every 2 days. So you might want a separate reminder for each.

If you don't need to track the wrapper separately from the daily tasks, you can simply disable the "Erinnerungen für tägliche 'Auftrag' Aufgaben erstellen" (Create reminders for daily 'tasks') option. Or, enable that option, and disable the reminder for the wrapper quest.

If I have not properly understood the issue, please let me know.

P.S.: English shows its Germanic roots in some old words whose vowel sounds are different in the singular and plural versions: foot/feet; tooth/teeth; mouse/mice; goose/geese; man/men; woman/women; child/children

Zähle die bevorzugten Abschlüsse in den Notizen
    Thanks! I would like to emphasize that "Notizen" is a column in the reminders table. Also, the (very smart) person who previously did German translations for me is using "erstellen" on that page, and I would like to be consistent. (She also eliminated some articles for brevity.) Would this be correct?

Zählen bevorzugten Abschlüsse in „Notizen“
    or maybe

Bevorzugte Abschlüsse in „Notizen“ aufzeichnen
    (suggested by ChatGPT, a web-accessible AI)

Then I asked the AI,

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor
    What would be the semantic difference(s) between your translation and "Bevorzugte Abschlüsse in „Notizen“ zählen"?
    to which it replied:

Quote Originally Posted by ChatGPT
    The main difference is that "aufzeichnen" implies that the action being performed is to record or log the "favored completions" in the "Notes" column, while "zählen" implies that the action being performed is to count or keep track of the number of "favored completions" in the "Notes" column. So, one implies logging and the other implies counting and tracking.
    Strictly speaking, I am only copying a message from the chat window into the reminder -- not counting anything. But this seems like a minor issue.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jan 14 2023 at 03:56 PM.

Trainer of the Rabbits
    You neglected to tell me what the problem is.
    ;-)

The wrapper quest is not an "Auftrag" (Task) quest; it is a separate thing. I understand that for many people (perhaps most), tracking the two separately is not desirable. However, for a new player with a maximum daily task limit of 5 (for example), it would be useful. You need a daily reminder to do the tasks, even though you will only complete the wrapper quest every 2 days. So you might want a separate reminder for each.
    I will wait until next time one of my chars can do the quest I think it is easier to create a reminder that way.

Thanks! I would like to emphasize that "Notizen" is a column in the reminders table. Also, the (very smart) person who previously did German translations for me is using "erstellen" on that page, and I would like to be consistent. (She also eliminated some articles for brevity.) Would this be correct?

Strictly speaking, I am only copying a message from the chat window into the reminder -- not counting anything. But this seems like a minor issue.
    The best way would be, in that case, indeed the following version:

Bevorzugte Abschlüsse in „Notizen“ aufzeichnen

Trainer of the Rabbits
    One thing I recognized, because one of my chars has disabled the "Quest" filter in the "General" chat tab. The plugin needs that to work properly. Maybe you can mention it in the "Installation and Startup" section in the LoTROInterface page.

ah ...I wanted to say this earlier:
    Just go slowly with the mouse from the bottom of the outer green circle to the top. The "alias" tooltip will show up.

=== EDIT ===
    Couple of questions. Sorry!

What does the "Default time" in the Global settings mean?

What is the difference between this two "reset" timers?
    (In the picture: I was just experimenting with quests like the quest in/for HoA T1 (which one can do 3 times a week: would it be necessary to define both reset timers? )

Last edited by CaerArianrhod; Jan 14 2023 at 08:50 PM.

One thing I recognized, because one of my chars has disabled the "Quest" filter in the "General" chat tab. The plugin needs that to work properly. Maybe you can mention it in the "Installation and Startup" section in the LoTROInterface page.
    Thanks for reporting this. I will add warning messages into the plugin itself:

Can you please verify the translation?

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod
    ah ...I wanted to say this earlier:
    Just go slowly with the mouse from the bottom of the outer green circle to the top. The "alias" tooltip will show up.

Thanks, this will be fixed in the next version.

What does the "Default time" in the Global settings mean?
    This specifies the value for the "Time" field when you manually create a new reminder by clicking the big (+) button in the main window:

What is the difference between this two "reset" timers?
    (In the picture: I was just experimenting with quests like the quest in/for HoA T1 (which one can do 3 times a week: would it be necessary to define both reset timers? )

This is probably the subtlest aspect of the plugin. To avoid confusion, it is important to recognize the distinction between editing an existing reminder, and editing the settings for automatically creating/updating a reminder.

The window on the left (let's call it Window 1) contains the settings that tell the plugin how to handle automatically creating/updating reminders for the quest "Erkunder-Opal (Stufe 10)". (You opened this window by clicking the quest's name in the "Known Repeatable Quests" section of the "Character" tab of the Settings window. Or, it is also shown automatically when the plugin detects a new repeatable quest.)

The window on the right (let's call it Window 2) contains the reset times for an already-existing reminder. (You opened this window by clicking the "Next reset" field of a reminder in the table.)

There is a global option: "Automatic reminders should replace existing reminders (auto refresh)" / "Automatische Erinnerungen sollen bereits bestehende ersetzen (automatische Erneuerung)" If this is disabled, then when the plugin detects quest completion, it will create a new reminder for the quest -- using the reset times and other data specified in Window 1 -- even if a reminder for the quest already exists. Then you will have two reminders; one will be expired, and the other will tell you the time remaining until the next reset.

Normally, people don't want multiple reminders for the same quest. They want the new reminder to replace the expired one. In that case, the "auto refresh" option should be enabled, and all of the information in Window 1 will replace the corresponding fields in the old reminder.

In general, the only time you would need to use Window 2 is for manually-created reminders (created with the "(+)" button). For automatically-updated reminders, it is useful as a quick reference, but there is little reason to change it, because it will be overwritten the next time the quest completes.

There is also a "reset" button () for each reminder, which may depend on the reset times defined in Window 2:

If you right-click this button, you can change its behavior:

This window defines what will happen when you click the reminder's "reset" button. If you choose "Defer it until the next scheduled reset time" (Auf die nächste geplante Rücksetzzeit verschieben), then when the "reset" button is clicked, it will get the next reset time from Window 2 and set the current Time for the reminder accordingly.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast