We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dungeons of naerband is broken again

So, today after the fix me and my kin decided to run the instance.

Sadly, with same results as last time.

Boss still hits same as before.
    Now you can't even use bear anymore cause he gets constantly 2 shot.
    The only way of doing this fight, is have cappy perma kite the boss and if you are very lucky, you will finish it.
    Shadow of mordor still randomly appears during the fight at random stages for no reason.

So grats to SSG for not being able to fix 1 6 man instance over 3 month update period.

Quote Originally Posted by elzeqq View Post
    So grats on SSG for not being able to fix 1 6 man instance over 3 month update period.
    Are you...genuinely surprised by this?

3. Oct 31 2017, 04:15 PM

So they nerfed the only way to beat this we had, bear gets owned by the bleeds.

We tried tanking him but the result is the same, way too much damage and the random Chain of Malice that comes and gets your tank and healer dead instantly (350k damage in one hit hahaha).

We tried kiting, still too much damage, random person gets ported, the adds tank= gg because the adds deal too much damage they one hit your damage dealers and kill ur healer before u open the cage and rescue your tank; or if main boss tank gets ported good luck, one tank for everything kiting around, dps falls behind, chaos everywhere and the most hilarious thing: Extra shadow popping for whatever reason, since it doesnt even state why you get it in the first place.

The cherry on top came when after 2 hours of trying to beat that final fight, the boss resets after a wipe and look! the gate closes and doesnt open again!!! Even when they said the gate was going to stay open after any boss reset...

Very nice lies!

Time to shove this new 6 man along with the pvp osgiliath map where the sun doesn't shine and move on!

5. Oct 31 2017, 04:19 PM

How hard can it be to fix an instance?

it got "fixed" in a way we miss the way it was broken before. LM bear is useless, chains of malice is still completly random, even while kiting you can get 60k hit from across the room.
    to make it funnier, ssg claims the boss resets properly but it buged the same way as before but this time on its own.
    additionaly theres no difference in loot from 3 and 6 man.

and SSG wonders why people are canceling subscriptions and leaving the game

Dungeons of naerband is broken again
    I wasn't aware it was ever fixed, so how could it be broken 'again'?

Honestly, the entire final fight needs to be redesigned. It's a fight where there is aoe spike damage yet you can't aoe heal half the time because of chains of malice. Anyone can get ported to a cage, yet the challenge is to kill every add in cages which means a healer might get ported and take several minutes to kill an add while the rest of the fellowship has to go without heals.

It feels like the dev who made this content wanted it to be challenging, but didn't think about how the mechanics in the instance would even work together. For instance, if someone gets the 130k bleed every 3 seconds with chains of malice, then gets painful shout while chains of malice is still up...
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by dselden View Post
    Honestly, the entire final fight needs to be redesigned. It's a fight where there is aoe spike damage yet you can't aoe heal half the time because of chains of malice. Anyone can get ported to a cage, yet the challenge is to kill every add in cages which means a healer might get ported and take several minutes to kill an add while the rest of the fellowship has to go without heals.

It feels like the dev who made this content wanted it to be challenging, but didn't think about how the mechanics in the instance would even work together. For instance, if someone gets the 130k bleed every 3 seconds with chains of malice, then gets painful shout while chains of malice is still up...
    Totally agree with this!

+1 to this. Could not have said it any better myself. The broken-ness of this fight is beyond simple band-aid fixes, it needs more serious changes and maybe some work done by someone who actually has a clue how things work in the game. My 2c.

Oh and by the way -- after 3 hours of wiping, the trash decided to respawn, instantly ending the last bit of will we had to keep trying. Thanks tbine.

Where these so called changes ever tested?

What makes me wonder, how will the Raid go? /scared

Yep , i can confirm they didn't nerf any damage ( nothing noticeable at least ) and that shadow still happens.
    There is no way a tank that stays still can survive the boss damage , especially when you keep in mind the chance to get shackles... ( one shots the healer + tank on every heal )
    Also , RIP bear.Gets threat debuff...

Imo , the only way to do this is figure out a way to get ported in the cell and STILL maintain aggro on the boss.
    If you figure out a way to do this , you are kings i guess , please share.

Reason is , when boss is stuck on an imprisoned player that stays on the back of the cell , he barely does anything at all lol.
    Problem is , whoever gets ported in the cell , normally gets a threat debuff too : D

However , i've seen a warden tank do it before ( propably by luck ) so i know its doable somehow.

GL

PS. SSG softworks © we trust !

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    Yep , i can confirm they didn't nerf any damage ( nothing noticeable at least ) and that shadow still happens.
    There is no way a tank that stays still can survive the boss damage , especially when you keep in mind the chance to get shackles... ( one shots the healer + tank on every heal )
    Also , RIP bear.Gets threat debuff...

Imo , the only way to do this is figure out a way to get ported in the cell and STILL maintain aggro on the boss.
    If you figure out a way to do this , you are kings i guess , please share.

Reason is , when boss is stuck on an imprisoned player that stays on the back of the cell , he barely does anything at all lol.
    Problem is , whoever gets ported in the cell , normally gets a threat debuff too : D

However , i've seen a warden tank do it before ( propably by luck ) so i know its doable somehow.

GL

PS. SSG softworks © we trust !
    They nerffed damage. You can easily sustain AoE hits but heal mark one shots any player.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    They nerffed damage. You can easily sustain AoE hits but heal mark one shots any player.
    So you can ''easily'' sustain AoE hits while can also get one-shotted at any time from chains..

kek

Painful shout seemed the same to me , maybe sligthly nerfed at best , doesn't change anything.
    Also , our cappy tank got one shotted by ''fist of direhold'' for ~130k when the boss spawned once.

Gl

We tried this boss today using normal tanking scheme and after a couple of onehots it just bugged (cannot be activated).

GM answered after 2 hours and asked "Are you still there " and i just closed the ticket.

I promised my kinamtes that i will never run this instance again.
    Xolla

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharta View Post
    We tried this boss today sig normal tanking scheme and after a couple of onehots it just bugged (cannot be activated).

GM answered after 2 hours and asked "Are you still there " and i just closed the ticket.

In its current form, I doubt any kin will have any desire to attempt the fight on T2c after encountering it once. It's simply broken and not fun.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

In its current form, I doubt any kin will have any desire to attempt the fight on T2c after encountering it once. It's simply broken and not fun.
    So are we ever going to get the dev who created the instance to chime in and provide some feedback or are we going to continue to get the middle man (Cordovan) proclaiming "it is WAI"?

I mean, for crying out loud, they said "we listened to feedback" and then made little to hardly any changes that had to do with the primary problem of the instance itself.
    Last edited by Denhith; Oct 31 2017 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denhith View Post
    So are we ever going to get the dev who created the instance to chime in and provide some feedback or are we going to continue to get the middle man (Cordovan) proclaiming "it is WAI"?

I mean, for crying out loud, they said "we listened to feedback" and then made little to hardly any changes that had to do with the primary problem of the instance itself.
    Tank swap better?

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharta View Post
    We tried this boss today using normal tanking scheme and after a couple of onehots it just bugged (cannot be activated).

This is exactly what I promised to my kinnies too!

Quote Originally Posted by Muppetmann View Post
    Tank swap better?
    Time to start implementing tank swap strats in 3 mans.

Time to start implementing tank swap strats in 3 mans.
    Did someone say more trash pulls?!

I know It that this sounds pretty ambarissing
    but i tried t2 with more or less a pug for the weekly quest on lv 105, doing it the 1st time.
    this broken as f*** garbage boss annihilated us,
    90k painful shouts everywhere, instant kill everyone who got hit by it
    not to mention the damage his other skills do + adds + caging + anti threat + reverse heal debuff + all the other minus % heal debuffs + shadow
    and that all on 105! how are people supposed to do this on lv 115 without somekind of exploit?

the only way I can imagine these numbers is that Thraknul, for some reason, completly ignores mitgations.

Quote Originally Posted by Malganis_Lefay View Post
    I know It that this sounds pretty ambarissing
    but i tried t2 with more or less a pug for the weekly quest on lv 105, doing it the 1st time.
    this broken as f*** garbage boss annihilated us,
    90k painful shouts everywhere, instant kill everyone who got hit by it
    not to mention the damage his other skills do + adds + caging + anti threat + reverse heal debuff + all the other minus % heal debuffs + shadow
    and that all on 105! how are people supposed to do this on lv 115 without somekind of exploit?

the only way I can imagine these numbers is that Thraknul, for some reason, completly ignores mitgations.
    It's distributed damage. You don't take even that much on 115 if you position correctly with some debuffer unless you tier tier IV+ shadow.

It would have been better if you all had not complained and they wouldn't have known about the bear. Why did they need to take away the main way to do this instance ? More destroyed content. Why o why ?

So, today after the fix me and my kin decided to run the instance.

Sadly, with same results as last time.

Boss still hits same as before.
    Now you can't even use bear anymore cause he gets constantly 2 shot.
    The only way of doing this fight, is have cappy perma kite the boss and if you are very lucky, you will finish it.
    Shadow of mordor still randomly appears during the fight at random stages for no reason.

So grats to SSG for not being able to fix 1 6 man instance over 3 month update period.
    Honestly it just makes me want to not even bother with the upcoming raid because it's bound to be totally broken on release, requiring hotfixes that don't really fix anything I was fighting the urge to scream out loud trying to run this today out of frustration over its current state. I would also like to hear from a Developer who worked on this instance!
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 140~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 115~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 62 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: The Cliff Divers
    Evernight

Very well said.
    Last edited by Phindecano; Nov 01 2017 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by katia0203 View Post
    I would also like to hear from a Developer who worked on this instance!
    While I agree with you here, I don't think it's going to happen. For starters, issues were identified in BR but not addressed before it went live. Then, after even more feedback was given, they did a general dps pass and "fixed" the bear issue but ignored the overall main problem. All the while, the person(s) who designed the instance refused to come forward and made Cordovan be the intermediary.

Now, I realize that for some people LotRO is their only MMORPG so perspective may be lacking. But in other games, if one (out of only two) end-game instances had some serious issues, you would hear more input, engagement and feedback than we are getting from SSG.

Bottom line, they don't care enough to address it. Or, they simply lack the resources to do it properly. Pick whichever answer you are more comfortable with

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast