We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Regarding Eryn Lasgalen

Suilad, mellon!

Personal predictions and thoughts. Feel free to present your ideas and opinions. For now I shall make it short and update when I can ,because I lack time for any deeper research.

Background Information;

Commonly known as The Forest of Mirkwood. It was also known as Greenwood the Great, Eryn Galen or Taur-e-Ndaedelos, and was later re-named Eryn Lasgalen, the Wood of Greenleaves. (April 6,3019)

Inhabitants;
    Wood-elves, Great Spiders, Nazgûl, Orcs, Men.

Reputation faction: Silvan Elves?

Short Description;

~ Mirkwood was a dense and heavy woodland that made up much of the eastern portion of Rhovanion.

~ Mirkwood was approximately 600 miles long from north to south and 250 miles across from west to east at its width.

It is a vast gigantic realm enough for more than two expansions. It presents the vast array of options and multiple ways of the approach for developers hopefully to be executed flawlessly. I shall wait few months if needed.

Major points of interests and the potentional sub-regions/zones

Emyn-nu-Fuin (Mountains of Mirkwood)
    The Realm of King Thranduil/Thranduil's halls/caverrns

The long Lake+Esgaroth. A potential for stunning zone. Evendim 2.0 Not the Everswim! The boat service shall be offered! (;

Erebor + Dale should be sepaerate zones similar to the Bree-town or Thorin's gate/Thorin's hall starter zones. The city of Dale should be Bree 2.0 in my book.

Eventual Connection to other Zones;

Most probable ~ Southern Mirkwood ( The Mirkwood ) we have in game as for now, carve the parth from Gathbruz,but the Northern Mirkwood is far,far away from that precise location, it would npt make any real sense. If you do that then logically you should venture within East Bight (Check the map) It's still Southern Mirkwood. The Narrows of the Forest, or they can envisage some brand new name.

Angmar ~ In theory yes It can be if they create the Mount Gunabad and expand it furthermore with Gray Mountains ,even with the Withered Heath in the East.
    Ettenmoors ~ Impossible. It's a PVMP zone,Enclosed.

Misty mountains (High pass) Strong candidate ~ But hold on for a minute. If you carve the mountains you'll need other side, but not within Mirkwood. If you saw or read the Hobbit, you'll know exactly of what I speak off.

It could be the minor update. Old Ford,Carrock,Western entrance to the Forest. Beorn's house is already an instance ,it has to be excluded.

Gladden fields is indeed marked on the map, if it comes in near future it may connected,for now. Leave it.

Photos. Note some of them might be at least to say a bit inaccurate. User fan made. Nevertheless ,well executed. Immersive.

Extra;

Major threats;

Giant spiders, Zaudru spawn? Story; Within the xxx realm the surviving brood of Zaudru,etc.. Eventual raid setting, I love spiders. I need to devour Roasted Spider legs. Plenty of them to be found.
    Minor threat, Wild men of the wold,Rise new Shadow from Mordor. Undead,Spirits,Corrupted Animals.

Old Forest road Men i Naugrim.

Random Elvish camps. Random spider Attacks events.

The Purification of Mirkwood/ The forest was divided with Thranduil left to rule most of the northern part, not all,but most. Except Elven superiority and domination in the forest, but outside men of Dale and Dwarves of Erebor.

Desolation of Smaug ~ Should include Major regions of Dale,Esgaroth,Erebor and The Lonely mountain.

The Enchanted river could affect the players with positive or negative buffs, perhaps even both?

The pictures;
    ~ Multiple photos of Greenwood the great , Northern Mirkwood,eventual routes,points of interest, detailed inscriptions.

This one is not official clearly,but the you have the sense of massive scale. Superbly detailed. Could be a possible inspiration and motivation for creators.

It wont be so easy to connect the Mirkwood with rest of the regions, The map from The Hobbit book. Notice the amount of spider webs. Forest is crawling with them. Spiders should be very deadly within Mirkwood.

Some new deadly DOT,s Toxins, etc..

Mountains of Mirkwood, Enough for one massive region, The Scuttledells 2.0 but in a much larger scale.
    Last edited by Ninky; Dec 12 2017 at 11:14 AM.

Let us move on with the Part II (Pictures)

One of the possible connections. We need the help of the giants to carve a mighty path.

A Northern Part of the Mirkwood only, Even so it is huge. It is stunning.

I have marked the current Mirkwood but decided to enlarge due to fact of the vast size of the forest , it wont be possible to add everything.

A decent map showing the routes.

That's that then.

May thy paths be green and the breeze on thy back

Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle