We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What is your secret to getting to t3 barrage quickly?

What rotation do you use to hit and maintain barrage t3+.
    Is there something involved in tierring it up other then just using it. ?

My rotation looks something like this: Barrage--Blood Arrow--Barrage2--Swift Bow--Barbed--Barrage3. Once Barrage3 is up, I typically rotate it with Blood Arrow or Pen Shot unless I need to build Focus, in which case I'll use SB or Barbed between Barrage3's. A point to remember, there is a 5 second gap from second Barrage until Barrage3 is up (button will get bright). Once Barrage3 is up, you have another 5 seconds to use it before it resets. Other than that, my rotations get a bit situational depending on what I'm doing and the kind of fight I'm in. I also use Merciful Shot, HS (on Volley proc), and Rapid Fire.
    CAANWICK - Wardenist - Make Wardens Great Again!!! / CAANJOB - The Ettenmoors' worst Burglar / CAANJAAL - Hunter
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Forged in Flames-Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by CDingler View Post
    My rotation looks something like this: Barrage--Blood Arrow--Barrage2--Swift Bow--Barbed--Barrage3. Once Barrage3 is up, I typically rotate it with Blood Arrow or Pen Shot unless I need to build Focus, in which case I'll use SB or Barbed between Barrage3's. A point to remember, there is a 5 second gap from second Barrage until Barrage3 is up (button will get bright). Once Barrage3 is up, you have another 5 seconds to use it before it resets. Other than that, my rotations get a bit situational depending on what I'm doing and the kind of fight I'm in. I also use Merciful Shot, HS (on Volley proc), and Rapid Fire.
    Do you use swift bow as an induction or use on Volley/Swift Mercy proc?

I have pretty much the same rotation, just use barbed arrow and quick shot as my 1 and 2 induction skill.

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

Quote Originally Posted by CDingler View Post
    So do you use Swift Bow Damage legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    Do you use swift bow as an induction or use on Volley/Swift Mercy proc?

I have pretty much the same rotation, just use barbed arrow and quick shot as my 1 and 2 induction skill.
    In this situation, where I'm initially trying to tier-up Barrage, I use SB as an induction. On the off chance I get the Volley proc with those first Focus shots, I'll use HS on the Volley and then go SB. I was running the QS--Barbed rotation for a while, but have been getting more damage in that time-frame by using SB instead of QS.

Quote Originally Posted by Snigol View Post
    So do you use Swift Bow Damage legacy?
    Yes. I initially had it on a "swap" bow to try the build, but wasn't paying attention one day and dumped my QS/DoT bow. Whoopsy! That kinda forced my hand, but I noticed I was taking mobs down quicker using the SB rotation and the fights just seemed to be going smoother. If I ever decide to build another QS bow, I'll actually test which is higher in Combat Analysis. In addition to the SB Damage legacy, I also run Focus Power/Damage, Focus Crit, Induction Crit, Induction Damage, Burn Hot Damage, and Ranged Skill Evade Modifier. I've thought of swapping in HS Damage for the Evade legacy because it didn't scale well with the new stat bloat, but without a second good bow to test the actual partial percentages, I'm not gonna worry about it.

Here's a link to my current Trait build. I have a second for the Moors where I take one rank from Bodkin and put it in In For the Kill (for Warleaders and Defilers).
    https://lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=89S
    CAANWICK - Wardenist - Make Wardens Great Again!!! / CAANJOB - The Ettenmoors' worst Burglar / CAANJAAL - Hunter
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Forged in Flames-Crickhollow

the plug in called Barrage timer works great for this.
    Sure its default location is in the top left side of the screen.
    But once you get the hang of it its works great.

What I do is to barrage (timer puts blue buff) then pen/blood and barrage (timers puts up red buff) then pen/blood/quickshot until the blue buff is totally off and barrage again.
    You should see the second tier red buff=60% barrage buff stack on top of the first red/60%.
    After this just maintain your barrages and you are tiered.

if anyone knows of a better barrage timer please let me know.
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    the plug in called Barrage timer works great for this.
    Sure its default location is in the top left side of the screen.
    But once you get the hang of it its works great.

What I do is to barrage (timer puts blue buff) then pen/blood and barrage (timers puts up red buff) then pen/blood/quickshot until the blue buff is totally off and barrage again.
    You should see the second tier red buff=60% barrage buff stack on top of the first red/60%.
    After this just maintain your barrages and you are tiered.

if anyone knows of a better barrage timer please let me know.
    when you say Barrage pen/blood then barrage or you saying either pen or blood or barrage, pen, blood - then barrage again? Same with pen/blood/quickshot you saying any one of the three or the three in quick succession? Just to be clear.