We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lengendary Weapon Quest

I am level 49 Premier player working on the legendary weapon quest line. I am down to the last four items located in the Carn Dum area. I have been looking at different posts and guides. Some people seem to have trouble getting into Carn Dum. Some people just buy the items. Most of the information is a couple of years old. So, what is the current wisdom on this quest line. I enjoy playing through content, I just don't want t take the long trek across Angmar to not be able to gather the items.
    Thanks in advance for any advise.

You don't have to go to Carn Dum for your legendary weapons. You get those by doing the Moria intro quest at the gate near Echad Dunann in Eregion.

I think you're doing the class quest and I usually buy the items at the skirm camp.

It is the quest where you go back and forth between the hunters lodge and all over creation bringing back articles of the hunt and articles of discovery. Is this quest line necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by plumbalas View Post
    It is the quest where you go back and forth between the hunters lodge and all over creation bringing back articles of the hunt and articles of discovery. Is this quest line necessary?

It will give you a trait point, so I would recommend doing it.

Note that the quest is in three parts.
    For the first part you have to gather the items yourself.
    For the second and third part it is not necessary to gather them yourself - all those items are tradable and can often be found on the AH, or you can buy them from a vendor in a Skirmish Camp.

I definately want the trait point and I like working through the content to get my rewards. I have started making my way from Aughaire to Carn Dum. Is there a prefered path? I'm in Donnvail right now but from the game map there doesn't appear to be a road out of there and a clear path to Carn Dum. Are these last Items I need inside an instance? That would be unfortunate if they are. Because of my sporadic play schedule I don't belong to a Kin or have a batch of in game friends to run fellowship content. PUGs seem to be scarce for low level content as well. Thanks to all that have or are going to reply to my questions. Your aid is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbalas View Post
    I definately want the trait point and I like working through the content to get my rewards. I have started making my way from Aughaire to Carn Dum. Is there a prefered path? I'm in Donnvail right now but from the game map there doesn't appear to be a road out of there and a clear path to Carn Dum. Are these last Items I need inside an instance? That would be unfortunate if they are. Because of my sporadic play schedule I don't belong to a Kin or have a batch of in game friends to run fellowship content. PUGs seem to be scarce for low level content as well. Thanks to all that have or are going to reply to my questions. Your aid is appreciated.

For the third step of the level 45/50 class quest the items are all obtained from bosses inside the Urugarth and Carn Dum instances. (These are level 50 6-man instances.)

For the second step, the items mainly drop from landscape mobs in Eastern Angmar

Should you want to get to the areas named Urugarth and Carn Dum (within which the instances can be found) the easiest way is to approach from the east. (Note that you need to have finished Vol 1, Book 6, Chapter 6 of the to able to enter Eastern Angmar)
    There is also a hidden backpath starting at Dun Covad leading up to the Carn Dum area.

It has been so long, but do you need to "find" the instances first or can you just open the instance finder and enter?

Quote Originally Posted by LazyRider View Post
    It has been so long, but do you need to "find" the instances first or can you just open the instance finder and enter?
    There are some instances you need to find on the landscape before you can enter them, but Urugarth and Carn Dum are not among them.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    There are some instances you need to find on the landscape before you can enter them, but Urugarth and Carn Dum are not among them.
    You wont get far on level unless you are in a team; even 10 levels over it is very difficult to get in; and once in it gets harder and harder.

The weapon rewards arent that great, which is why most people barter for them; remember, this was an end game set up many years ago; designed to be as difficult as possible for capped players.

IIRC, these quests aren't part of the epic so you can't get the upscaling of your character like you can for epic quest instances, if that is even still a mechanic in the game. What this means is you will have to have a group to go in and complete them. So, unless you get stupid lucky, you won't find a group for them. By far it is best to just buy the items from a skirmish vendor to complete them, get your trait point, and go on your merry way.
    CAANWICK - Wardenist - Make Wardens Great Again!!! / CAANJOB - The Ettenmoors' worst Burglar / CAANJAAL - Hunter
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Forged in Flames-Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caanjaal View Post
    IIRC, these quests aren't part of the epic so you can't get the upscaling of your character like you can for epic quest instances, if that is even still a mechanic in the game. What this means is you will have to have a group to go in and complete them. So, unless you get stupid lucky, you won't find a group for them. By far it is best to just buy the items from a skirmish vendor to complete them, get your trait point, and go on your merry way.
    Correct, no upscaling; you go in with what you've got - the mobs start at Elite and the guys you need to take down can take you out in 1 or 2 hits if you are on your own. I tried with a fully tooled up L69 hunter last year and just managed to get one of the items with every offence/defence boost I could get; even then I got killed several times before I got anywhere near them.