We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

lotro crashing after latest udate

Well, it had to happen eventually; I havent had more than 2 random crashes in several years of playing; and have (until now), been unable to force a crash anywhere near Minas Tiruth.

However, through-out the epic Fields of Pelenor battles, I have been getting memory violation crashes (c0000005); is this a new bug, or a known bug in the FoP coding??

RAM usage has been ~2.4GB, which is well below the 3.4GB peak usage I have seen around MT prior to the battles.

I did this on a couple of alts shortly after it came out and crashed a few times on both. Seem to recall others saying the same had happened to them. So I don't think it's a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

I finished the battles last night (after another memory access violation), then went off to do some left over quests from pre Battle (I messed up). Several hours with no crashes; so touch wood, it seems only the battle sequence is causing my PC to crash - strangely during the lulls, when standing around interacting with the NPCs, or just doing nothing; not one during actual combat.

Just a suggestion... When this happens always try running lotro after a clean boot and see if the problem persists. Also, after any update after which you have issues, take the client out of your virus, firewall and any other exceptions and add it back (Always at least do frequent manual scans of the lotro folder.) These may not solve your problem, but they may help others to troubleshoot and thus may save you time if the issue keeps going.