We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Aim + Flashing Blades

I recall back before update 19 there was some issues with the second hit of flashing blades not also benefiting from using aim before the FB (Second attack was not criting).

I also thought this was changed update 19 so both hits would crit.

This isn't the case atm, flashing blades does not crit on the second attack when used with aim, anyone else noticing this?
    FB used to be a great heavy hitter but i find I'm getting more damage out of a double edged strike than a flashing blades these days, WAI?
    lil 'obbit of Evernight..

The Ascensio

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerz View Post
    I recall back before update 19 there was some issues with the second hit of flashing blades not also benefiting from using aim before the FB (Second attack was not criting).

This isn't the case atm, flashing blades does not crit on the second attack when used with aim, anyone else noticing this?
    FB used to be a great heavy hitter but i find I'm getting more damage out of a double edged strike than a flashing blades these days, WAI?
    I have noticed that Flashing Blades has a bug on the second hit sometimes. It does crit according to the combat log, but the damage of the second hit is sometimes 40-50% of the damage of the first hit. So I'll get a hit for 55k and a hit for 25k. But it says they both crit in log. Which is silly because the tooltip shows my second hit as having a higher base damage. So it should be higher when it crits.

I have seen this occur multiple times but it doesnt happen all the time. Sometimes my second hit is equal on a crit with the first.

Still an issue/bug

This is still going on. Would really like to see a post from the staff about it.

The second hit should be lower as it's using your off hand weapon

Your main hand uses the top end of the damage range of the weapon where as the off hand uses the bottom end of the damage range.

My tool tip for flashing blades shows

2 attacks:
    7,277-10,899 (Main hand damage)
    8,004-12,280 (off hand)

So the first main hand attack without any multipliers etc will hit for 10,899 and the second off hand attack will hit for 8,044

There's def something up with it though as today I had:

First main hand attack Dev crit for 62k and the second off hand attack Dev crit for 12k

Both attacks from behind and no partials etc

The Ascensio

Combat log using aim, RW, and positional out of stealth.

Tooltip

I didn't know the bit about off-hands taking the lower end of the range, but the gap still seems a bit too big.

Here is an example of a CDG where the offhand massive dmg gap is not present. Used the same modifiers to prevent any disparity. RW positional out of stealth

Tooltip; I know that each successive cdg hit does a bit more than the other, but the gap really isn't that massive like the flashing blade one is.

Lastly, as you can see double edged strike would be the best comparison. And it 100% proves there is something wrong with flashing blades. Same modifiers.

Tooltip
    Last edited by Hythe_; Jul 10 2018 at 02:02 PM.

FB's second hit is still bugged, yes. It doesn't benefit from any positional damage bonus traits or legacies on any hit. The regular crit magnitude was fixed (apart from the mentioned positional bonus: from the front first and second attack will do roughly equal damage). Devastating on the second attack leads to a massive damage loss because apparently this still doesn't take into account any additional crit multipliers (a devastate hits for max tooltip x2) nor positional damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerz View Post

Never had this happen, never heard of it. There was always an issue with crit magnitude of FB, which was partly addressed, but never with Aim as far as I know. Also couldn't replicate your problem with around 30 Aim uses just now
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    FB's second hit is still bugged, yes. It doesn't benefit from any positional damage bonus traits or legacies on any hit. The regular crit magnitude was fixed (apart from the mentioned positional bonus: from the front first and second attack will do roughly equal damage). Devastating on the second attack leads to a massive damage loss because apparently this still doesn't take into account any additional crit multipliers (a devastate hits for max tooltip x2) nor positional damage.

Never had this happen, never heard of it. There was always an issue with crit magnitude of FB, which was partly addressed, but never with Aim as far as I know. Also couldn't replicate your problem with around 30 Aim uses just now
    The second hit had been partially evaded :/

Nice info on the LI + positional, that is in line with these poor second hits from FB

The Ascensio