We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Barrage consumes all power

Please developers to fix the problem that hunters have with power (barrage tier 3.2+ 3.3).
    A hunter can only do dps on raid, cannot buff, rezz in combat, debuff ... but also, is the only class that has a serious problem with power, this has to change.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Patatin View Post
    Please developers to fix the problem that hunters have with power (barrage tier 3.2+ 3.3).
    A hunter can only do dps on raid, cannot buff, rezz in combat, debuff ... but also, is the only class that has a serious problem with power, this has to change.
    Thank you!
    As it stands hunter is pretty well the only class with a serious power issue. However, I think it's manageable. If anything they should look at power being more meaningful to other classes. With the focus power legacy and power saving class essence hunters can manage as things now stand.

Do not play with the Barragerotation :-)

Press random Buttons, then you have less Power issues. Power Problems you have only if you are trying doing huge damage.
    You are not alone, but a minority.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    As it stands hunter is pretty well the only class with a serious power issue. However, I think it's manageable. If anything they should look at power being more meaningful to other classes. With the focus power legacy and power saving class essence hunters can manage as things now stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    Do not play with the Barragerotation :-)

Press random Buttons, then you have less Power issues. Power Problems you have only if you are trying doing huge damage.
    You are not alone, but a minority.
    None of these people have ever heard of an LM in raid. LM is a must-have class in raid, so my assumption is either that you do not raid or you are new to it or the LM in your raid does not fulfill their role properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    None of these people have ever heard of an LM in raid. LM is a must-have class in raid, so my assumption is either that you do not raid or you are new to it or the LM in your raid does not fulfill their role properly.
    The problem is not that an lore can give power in raid, the problem from my point of view is that it is the only class that needs it constantly. we only have one role and we have penalty

Ill try to stack more fate but 400-700 power cost for barrage is insane

The problem is not that an lore can give power in raid, the problem from my point of view is that it is the only class that needs it constantly. we only have one role and we have penalty

Ill try to stack more fate but 400-700 power cost for barrage is insane
    You also have to remember that hunters are the strongest single target DPS class right now. I understand that your only job is to DPS but to get that high DPS you sacrifice something in exchange. And blue line is not your only DPS line, you could always go red line. And also don't forget the class essence for power cost, the legacy and the use of poweer pots as well. It's a lot of micro managment but it's possible.

Thank you!
    Make friends with the Lore-master in the raid - power problem solved.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Power restore captain can easily restore 400 PPS and burglar good 100 PPS. Which combined is 30,000 icpr, combined with hunters own 3-4k icpr. So only place where hunter has any kind of power problems should be in 3 mans. Because LM should be part of all 6 and 12 man groups. I do however agree RKs for example should lose power restore on self motivation/nerffed to 5% restore.

Another troll thread probably but wth I will take the bait,Champ is power hungry same as hunter but any melee is irelevent class I guess unless you tank or buff ranged DPS hehe.You can selfsustain a lot of power at cost of hidden barrage tier,or we can fix barrage so it doesnt overtier and you have no problems then.

Power management used to be a thing, a few years ago.
    What you do is adjust your rotation so your power use matches the length of any given fight.
    Power use if your limiting factor, as focus generation is not very hard in the current version of the game.
    You have power over time potions, juvies and regular power pots.
    There's ICPR food.
    Fate boosts.
    Power reduction class items.
    Power reduction legacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    What you do is adjust your rotation so your power use matches the length of any given fight.
    Power use if your limiting factor, as focus generation is not very hard in the current version of the game.
    There's ICPR food.
    Fate boosts.
    Yeah i use all, fate tome 18, food, legacies, essence, class item, power pots... but still need a friend lm giving power.
    I will try to modify the rotation, although I still think it is a bit unfair,

thanks for your advice

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    There's ICPR food.
    Fate boosts.
    If you are solo, then yes you should manage power.

But OP says it is an issue in raid, in which there should be captain and LM to restore power. If you are in a raid, you will run out of power spamming Barrage 3 anyway (even with power reduction class essence, legacies, 18 fate boosts, and food) because you want to get maximum possible DPS as a hunter. So there is no reason to nerf yourself in raid when it is perfectly viable to spam Barrage 3 and simply have your power restored by a competent LM/cappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    Is the Loremaster the guy, that feed the horses and the other animals, that around him?
    A kind of Groom.
    Else it is wobble with a Stick - right?

But you are surely right, others should solve the Power issues the Hunter has.

For simple term's

With new gear ad golden essence's you should have around 2-3 essence slot's to us as your desire,

I would create Golden essence Fate swap's for a hunter to be alright in let's say guard/mini/hunt combo, hunter should be standing at roughly 5k incombat power regen, with 1300 from food you should attempt if your crit mastery mit's are in order to have around 2500-3000 fate, with Tome's/essence swap/maybe a bracelet swap/earring it is doable and you will notice power issue diminish

But remember in this order Mit's->Mastery->crit->Vitality/Fate->finesse

Any Hunter not spamming Barrage 3 is not doing good DPS. My favorite hunter quote is "If your not out of Power your not doing it right".

The only "fix" I expect to see is the devs putting a stop to over-tiering barrage so barrage 3 will be the top. Yes that won't really help the power problem but I'm expecting no useful Hunter changes from SSG anytime soon. Yes 600 power for a Barrage 3 shot is insane but that's the world we play in, don't expect it to change.

The next piece of bad news is that Hunters are no longer top DPS in fights lasting more than 30 seconds. Rune Keepers with dual 125 tact damage runes will out-damage Hunters in similar gear. For burst and mobile damage Hunters are still supreme but for sustained damage over longer time maxxed out RKs are king.

Rotation - You can do "Barrage 3 -> Quick Shot -> <repeat>" for pretty high DPS and less power consumption while maintaining Barrage 3 tier. Or even "Barrage 3 -> QS -> QS -> <repeat>" for more power savings. The focus shot after focus shot will empty your pool with a quickness.

Essence of the Powerful Draw can really help the Power pool in longer fights. Slotting one of those made a noticeable difference in t2 boss fights. Even without the slotted class item it is still worth sacrificing the essence slot for long fights.

Press Onward - Fully traited with the Legacy maxxed grants 2k Power every 30 seconds. Potions have a 2 minute cooldown. Yes the induction sucks but you can hit it between Barrage shots and maintain tiering. In long fights I used to constantly ride the cooldown until slotting the Powerful Draw Essence.

Feed me Power - You can't always rely on Lore Masters to keep your Power bar full. LMs have tons of things to do in raids, filling up Power is on the list but usually not at the top. Captains typically do not have power refill on their to-do list during raids, they have other things going on.

Mitigations - There are only a couple current raid bosses that require tactical mitigation (COS boss 2 and AOM boss 2). For those situations swap pieces are the best solution. Also there is the mitigation trait in the yellow line which can help reduce the amount of mitigation swap pieces needed.

With full raid gear and gold essence you can get 220k Physical Mastery and (4) essence slots not devoted to PM.

those 125 tact damage runes need a nerf, just like the healing ones. a big one. like 90%. and it shouldnt be possible to get the bonus twice. which would be less of an issue if they were not that strong. And if the runes were not as OP as they are, Barrage could be fixed to not overtier by just easily deleting Barrage2 and Barrage3 and just having the damage of barrage increase depending on how many barrages were used before. That would still be 4 or 5 tiers, but with much less mana costs (clearly low enough to have no issues anymore) and much less damage. Maybe, just maybe, the immobile traitline would again be top DPS as its meant to be...

besides those dev-side fails, of which some might get changed with the balance-passes, though I doubt it, as people wrote:
    get a book that reduces powercosts, the focus bow legacy, the essence, and use your skills/pots. That allows to selfsustain for a minute and longer fights only happen in raids where a LM can help.

mimimi, the strongest DPS exploit skill ingame has a downside... pls fix the downside... ###?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/