We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

State of Brandywine PvMP

Hello,
    I am one of the few creep leaders currently on Brandywine. I saw that people responded to Snowlock's post a couple weeks ago and seemed like there was some potential interest as to how the server's PvMP is. I will try to sum it up the best way I can so as to let people who are interested in on all the facts.
    First, of all creepside is run by one tribe, that is Prime Evil and all the leaders for creepside are in this Tribe. Second, 90% of the freeps who come out into the moors are part of one kin named Soldiers of the Moors. This makes an issue of that if the raid leaders of one or the other guild are not on then there is not action. Tuesdays and Thursdays there is not action because Soldiers of the Moors is doing AoM. This mean there is only action at prime time which is 7-12 Eastern on Monday Wednesday Friday Saturday and Most Sundays. The size of the raids tend to be 12-20 freeps and 8-14 creeps on the above days.

Most of the Freeps in Soldiers of the Moors are under geared and thus creeps have been able to fight double their numbers consistently. Both sides get kills and generally there is a couple hours of fun on the nights I said before.

I will say it to whoever is reading this straight up, if you want to be very competitive on creepside this is not the server for you. This is defiantly a more casual server just from the lack of geared freeps. All the geared freeps went to Arkenstone.

Personally I have had a ton of fun on Brandywine over the four months I have been on this server. Very laid back compared to the intensity of Arkenstone.

If you are looking for some casual creeping and not getting one shot by burgs then this is a server to come check out. If you are a geared freep they could use you. if you are not a geared freep i could use some more infamy.

Without going into specific details this is a summary of the server's PvMP. We defiantly need more people on both sides, but at least we are not dead here (except on Tuesdays and Thursdays).

Hope this helped anyone looking for information on Brandy's PvMP!

-Adapting
    Last edited by ConsistantRager; Apr 11 2018 at 05:26 PM.
    Adapting R12 Reaver, Warleader r9 Warleader on Ark Everlastingyawn r9 Defiler Landy Backpedal r9 Warg Brandy
    Arantoth R10 Champion on Ark Elezmera-3 R11 Ministrel on Ark
    Officer of Prime Evil

Quote Originally Posted by ConsistantRager View Post
    Hello,
    I am one of the few creep leaders currently on Brandywine. I saw that people responded to Snowlock's post a couple weeks ago and seemed like there was some potential interest as to how the server's PvMP is. I will try to sum it up the best way I can so as to let people who are interested in on all the facts.
    First, of all creepside is run by one tribe, that is Prime Evil and all the leaders for creepside are in this Tribe. Second, 90% of the freeps who come out into the moors are part of one kin named Soldiers of the Moors. This makes an issue of that if the raid leaders of one or the other guild are not on then there is not action. Tuesdays and Thursdays there is not action because Soldiers of the Moors is doing AoM. This mean there is only action at prime time which is 7-12 Eastern on Monday Wednesday Friday Saturday and Most Sundays. The size of the raids tend to be 12-20 freeps and 8-14 creeps on the above days.

Most of the Freeps in Soldiers of the Moors are under geared and thus creeps have been able to fight double their numbers consistently. Both sides get kills and generally there is a couple hours of fun on the nights I said before.

I will say it to whoever is reading this straight up, if you want to be very competitive on creepside this is not the server for you. This is defiantly a more casual server just from the lack of geared freeps. All the geared freeps went to Arkenstone.

Personally I have had a ton of fun on Brandywine over the four months I have been on this server. Very laid back compared to the intensity of Arkenstone.

If you are looking for some casual creeping and not getting one shot by burgs then this is a server to come check out. If you are a geared freep they could use you. if you are not a geared freep i could use some more infamy.

Without going into specific details this is a summary of the server's PvMP. We defiantly need more people on both sides, but at least we are not dead here (except on Tuesdays and Thursdays).

Hope this helped anyone looking for information on Brandy's PvMP!

-Adapting
    A few notes:

- Adapting corpse jumps after he zergs.

- To the peeps on Akenstone currently, stay on Arkenstone plz. If you're from another server, don't come here. Go to Arkenstone.

- I'm out on Tuesdays and sometimes on Thursdays. ISO yellow captain and possibly healing RK. And also Iron Rangers, if you're reading this (spoiler alert, I know you're not reading this).
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

I'm going to reply to this because I know more replies to a thread means more views and possible more people coming onto the server.
    First yes I do corpse jump, but I do believe it is a well established concept in this game, and someone with so much gameplay, experience, and deaths should know this by now.
    Second, I do agree we do not want an arkenstone amounts of players but it is a complete lie that everyone on the server does not want more people to come pvp. In fact having one more decent tribe and one more decent freep kin would make the server fantastic for both sides.
    Lastly, there are people out on Tuesday and Thursday but not until after Soldiers of the moors finishes AoM which sometimes takes some time, leaving little time after for pvp and many nights they do not come out after with the result of no pvp, since thee is only one real freep guild.
    I hope this clarified things.

-Adapting
    Adapting R12 Reaver, Warleader r9 Warleader on Ark Everlastingyawn r9 Defiler Landy Backpedal r9 Warg Brandy
    Officer of Prime Evil

Snowlock brings up CJing twice in one day and hasn't mentioned it in years. New vacancies?

Often times when I know a freep will retreat fast as lightning, I'll corpse jump them long before they are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian.S View Post
    Snowlock brings up CJing twice in one day and hasn't mentioned it in years. New vacancies?
    CJ also equals "conjunction" an old term for fellowship maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by adapting
    s but it is a complete lie that everyone on the server does not want more people to come pvp.
    You seem to suggest that I made the assertion that no one wants more people to come pvp. I didn't.

Fear not. WotD is farming AoM T2 and almost all of us are geared and going to Moors on a daily basis

Hang in there love and keep slaying freeps while you can

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    CJ also equals "conjunction" an old term for fellowship maneuver.
    Corpse jumping was a thing denoted by the abbreviate CJ years before LotRo was even in alpha.

War Band Maneuvers > Fellowship Maneuvers

One thing about the state of BW's pvp that has become troubling is there seems to be this notion that there's only fights to be had if Soldiers of the Moors is out. That's a tip of the hat to those guys surely, but it's just not true AND it's not very good for the health of the moors. It seems like Prime Evil is only interested in coming out when SotM is out. I remember back in the day on Vilya, there was this kinship called Talath Dirnen. They were a casual kin of nice folks, rather aggressive, but not very well geared and sort of inexperienced. Well, when TD came out to the moors, every creep on the server logged in. For reasons that would become obvious if you gave it a thought for second.

Is that what's happening here? I hope not because it's pretty toxic for the health of BW's PVP. Freeps will learn that there are no creeps out until SotM are out and then they won't come out either. So if neither side comes out except all at once, then a) the moors are going to be dead for longer periods of time which will lead to creeps quitting and b) it'll lead to huge influx of freeps whenever Prime Evil is out: the SotM guys Prime Evil are waiting for PLUS all the freeps that are waiting for Prime Evil. And then you'll be drastically outnumbered.

Discourage creeps from using the store for maps and corruptions, things like that. Make them quest. It'll bring them out during non peak times, which will draw freeps out from various kins to fight them. Those fights will spark larger fights, and you'll have more action than just after 9pm on some evenings.

A new term. Discord Dogpiling

This is when players on various servers flood onto a server where a known pvp raid leader or pvp raid kin/tribe event is about to take place.

Once the session is done those who yearn for more again look to Discord for enjoyment and proceed to the next dogpile.
    Last edited by Christian.S; Apr 20 2018 at 03:25 PM.

Well first, the moors have really been changed up since my last post. SOTM are not the only kin out anymore, there is a new kin in the moors called Wardens of the Dunedin. Most of them are pretty well geared too. This has lead some really fun action at prime time with two freep groups and sometimes two creep groups. Prime Evil Usually has a group along with a newer tribe called Warriors of Mordor. The last couple days there has been about four to five hours of action every night. So not going to lie action has been the best since I got to this server four months ago.

To reply to Snowlock's comment.
    I haven't seen you out recently at prime time so i do not think you know how things are happening in the moors now. There was a couple weeks where freeps were not willing to come into the moors unless they have leadership in the form of Cyndros or Alex. This lead to many creeps sitting at gv steps for hours waiting for SOTM to get a group. So you saying we only came out to fight SOTM, is very accurate, but the idea that we would only come out to roll under geared freeps is wrong. For three months they were legit the only freep guild to fight and they do not encourage their people to go into the moors without leadership, making action only happen when one of their two leaders get on.

Another thing is, there are very few new creeps who do not have maps and stuff because barely anyone wants to make a creep anymore since you really cant do anything with a lowbie creep except kill snowlock. I have been trying to look for people who have retired from creep side and may possibly come back because brandy pvp is pretty fun at prime time pretty forgiving to retried players getting back into their class. So unless there is tokens to be farmed then there really is not much reason to be in the moors unless there are freeps out. There is usually one Prime evil member in the moors at all times so it would be easy for us to get on if there was freeps on at non prime times but there is not.

Also just a promotion of the other creep tribes, Creepers is a decent sized tribe that has been on the server for well over a year they seem to be very open and looking for new recruits. The other creep tribe is Warriors of Mordor who are a newer tribe and are quite small but tend to be out every night during prime time.

Anyway, pvp has become generally more enjoyable since WOTD have started coming out, and it tends to be every night which is way better than it was when it was just SOTM. So shout out to WOTD for coming out and shout out to any creeps or freeps who would like to try some pvp on brandy at prime time. 7-12 PM Eastern time

If anyone has questions my lowbie freeps name is Elezmera and my discord name is ConsistantRager#6664.
    Officer of Prime Evil

I haven't seen you out recently at prime time so i do not think you know how things are happening in the moors now.
    It might be our defitions of prime time. I haven't seen you out either, but I've been out this week every day between around 5pm to 10 pm, not consistent but that's generally my range. I've been travelling this week, so really haven't been out since Wednesday. So my post is based on the previous two weeks experience which was dead dead dead until 9pm cst, then SotD came out and finally started to see creeps. If that's changes already because of a new kins presence, awesome.

However, the message is the same. It sounds like freep presence in the moors is driving creep presence, and that's backwards. And it's mainly Turbine's fault. But anyway, good, I'm glad to hear things are picking up.

Adapting appreciate the shout out my dude.

We'll be out more and more since we're trying to get our guys that like to PvP more geared out as well. So we're going to show up more and more as the time rolls on. Looking forward to continuing the fight against you and all other creeps.

Well first, the moors have really been changed up since my last post. SOTM are not the only kin out anymore, there is a new kin in the moors called Wardens of the Dunedin. Most of them are pretty well geared too. This has lead some really fun action at prime time with two freep groups and sometimes two creep groups. Prime Evil Usually has a group along with a newer tribe called Warriors of Mordor. The last couple days there has been about four to five hours of action every night. So not going to lie action has been the best since I got to this server four months ago.
    First Adapting, glad you enjoyed our WotD presence in the Moors recently, we already had a couple geared people going in from time to time but yeah recently a bigger part of our core group got geared and then they hit the Moors. Our people wait to be geared since we prefer to offer Quality Freeps over quantity freeps to the Creeps, I find this very important for the health of Brandywine PvMP.

There was a couple weeks where freeps were not willing to come into the moors unless they have leadership in the form of Cyndros or Alex. This lead to many creeps sitting at gv steps for hours waiting for SOTM to get a group. So you saying we only came out to fight SOTM, is very accurate, but the idea that we would only come out to roll under geared freeps is wrong. For three months they were legit the only freep guild to fight and they do not encourage their people to go into the moors without leadership, making action only happen when one of their two leaders get on.
    This is surprising I have to admit - to my knowledge Wargbait of the Moors have been going out in the Moors for quite a while, like many months. I would have expected them to have encouraged and trained other people than Alex or Cyndros (only heard great thing about Cyndros tbh) to lead their fraids. This lack of leadership might explain why that Kin have the biggest revolving door in term of recruitment.

I am sorry to hear that about the undergeared part, all I can promised you tho is that when you will see a Warden of the Dunedain freep group in the Moors you will not be able to fight us with half our number - Alex's group will be available for that tho.

I've heard many other Creeps complaining about those undergeared/scaled target, it's a lack of respect towards the Creep on the server imo - they took time to build up their Creeps so the minimum we can do is offer them a competitive environment and challenge - which is what WotD will do. We have AoM t2 on farm and our members cannot wait to buy all that t2 gear and hit the Moors for some nice and quality action. Quality being the key word.

You mentioned the lack of 1-shotting burg, well they are back buddy.

I appreciate you took the time to write up your view on the current BW PvMP status and the shout out to the other Tribes, I hope we see a huge influx of quality creeps over the next few weeks/months.

Cheers,

Yeah, I call BS. I'm out right now, it's as dead as it's been the last few weeks. Regulars saying so too.

Snowlock - It fluctuates. But you're going to see a build up of action more and more. The kin leader of WotD is finishing his last semester in college and trying to get everyone in the kin who pvp's T2 AoM ready and clear as well so they can work at getting gear. WotD priority is to max our toons first, and pvp has been more of a break from the grind. More and more of us are gearing out and showing up in moors more often now. Wednesday at 8:30 EDT we plan on going out and doing small group work. You are welcome to tag along and see what we're all about and what Adapting is talking about. It'll be 5 of us from WotD and anyone else who is out PvP'ing and isn't in a SotM group if there is even 1 out.

Also, Snowlock if you had just stayed out like 20-30 more mins there was raid v raid action. Pvp is still based on when freep groups come out, so it might be better to ask one of the two freep kins when they are coming out so you know when the action will be. Unfortunately there really is not much solo or duo action except from Sevinch and Missarcher. If it was more than just them there might be more solo action earlier in the day. Most freeps do not want to come out without some leadership, which is fine but until then there wont be much action except at prime time when the big group action happens.
    Officer of Prime Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Yeah, I call BS. I'm out right now, it's as dead as it's been the last few weeks. Regulars saying so too.
    Snowlock, you got the complainer gene that's for sure.

At the time you were writing your complaint about 8 of WotD members were clearing a boss in AoM t2 - the second it was finished (I was still looking at barters) half of them were already in the Moors ACTIVELY fighting Creeps.

I'm sad that it did not fit with your own little personal schedule but coming on here and declaring on the forum that everyone is a liar is not the way to go my friend...

Too bad that your reaction to little action in the Moors was to come complain also, why didn't you tried to get a freep group going to initiate actions against the Creep? Why not show initiative instead of negativity? That attitude brings nothing to help the health of both the PvMP and Community of Brandywine.

WotD as set a schedule for Wednesday like you can read little above (it's called initiative), so if you want to tag along you are welcome but don't bring that negativity with you.

Cheers,

Also, Snowlock if you had just stayed out like 20-30 more mins there was raid v raid action.
    Oh if you had come out an hour or two earlier, there could've been raid v raid action. S'all I'm saying. If you guys want to leave the server dead until 10 pm cst, that's fine I guess. We've been there before, we'll survive it.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonBourgeois View Post
    Snowlock, you got the complainer gene that's for sure.
    Posts twice, now he's got it all figured out.

I mean I am in the middle of finals week so it has been hard for me to get on regularly, also you said it was dead when you were out. So are you saying you personally equivocate to a raid because then r0 freevers > raid, and by that logic I have soloed raids by myself. As I said before the action revolves around the freep leaders coming out, and until you make it so you are not one of those freep leaders.

Also are you saying number of forum posts equals knowledge of pvp? Generally the loudest person in a room is not the smartest, and until you are able to solo r0s as a r15 hunter you probably should not be after people about the skill and knowledge on the forums. Just saying.

Last of all to the WOTD people, thanks for coming out as much as you have, the pvp has been much improved. I am looking to get some more creeps on the server so we can fight with even numbers.
    Officer of Prime Evil

I call myself rager for a reason
    Okay then, mr. sensitive pants. I don't have the desire or consider you worth some feud.

Four straight hours of PvP non-stop action in the books. Was a really good night raid v raid you missed Snowlock. We missed you

I have to admit that was a blast - 4 hours of open field Raid v Raid is quite awesome. Guess Snowlock wasnt able to leave his negativity at the door so he didn't join....

@adapting, how much did you like last night (april 25th) Moors action? Were those Freep a little harder to kill compared to what you usually see? Hope you enjoyed fighting WotD more than other group.

The engagements near the river were quite nice as well, was able to get you twice in one of those :P

Very positive experience from our Kin in the Moors I would say, can't wait to do it again soon.

Cheers,
    Last edited by SimonBourgeois; Apr 26 2018 at 09:39 AM.

Thumbs up PvP on the 25th

Thanks for the fights for such a long time from WotD. To be honest I was surprised that there was little amount of people on a Wednesday night but definitely enough to have some solid action and the fights went both ways, which is great. Unforetantly I could not get many Prime Evil people on then so we could not do much towards the end. Thanks for the fights though.

I'm going to have to have a chat with Health about multiple fights where he was lying on the ground for 2 mins plus. Lol

I will be on Saturday night and Sunday night but then I am leaving the country for 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I will not be able to play in that time period. I know some of the other creeps will lead during that time so action should not be a problem. I'll get back the 13th and then parm will be done with his irl stuff on the 15th in a few weeks you guys better get ready for the real Prime Evil groups to come out.

Last of all, I may start making Prime Evil videos of us when we running in the moors and upload them to YouTube. Honestly one of the best ways to promote the server, If you freeps do that too could be some nice marketing for people taking a scroll through lotro vids.

@Casualdps, I'll get you next time bro, you just lucky there were squishier targets than you otherwise you would have been the primary target.
    Officer of Prime Evil

To add to the discussion after a couple of nights of really irritating play. Creeps on Brandy need more leaders than what is currently present. When you get 6v12'd w/ 3 defilers and 4 spiders, don't give up after 1 fight. Please, seek to improve yourselves and keep fighting and trying different strategies (who you focus, positioning, etc). Don't just give up and sit at Grams and stay there for 30+ minutes then log. You have numbers, you had a high ranking defiler who is considered good. It's about improving your performance and group play.

I understand that Adapting/Rav/Lurzakh/(any other creep leader) isn't online, but that shouldn't stop you from grouping when there are freeps out.

`Rant over before really roasting/calling people out/critiquing.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonBourgeois View Post
    First Adapting, glad you enjoyed our WotD presence in the Moors recently, we already had a couple geared people going in from time to time but yeah recently a bigger part of our core group got geared and then they hit the Moors. Our people wait to be geared since we prefer to offer Quality Freeps over quantity freeps to the Creeps, I find this very important for the health of Brandywine PvMP.

This is surprising I have to admit - to my knowledge Wargbait of the Moors have been going out in the Moors for quite a while, like many months. I would have expected them to have encouraged and trained other people than Alex or Cyndros (only heard great thing about Cyndros tbh) to lead their fraids. This lack of leadership might explain why that Kin have the biggest revolving door in term of recruitment.

I am sorry to hear that about the undergeared part, all I can promised you tho is that when you will see a Warden of the Dunedain freep group in the Moors you will not be able to fight us with half our number - Alex's group will be available for that tho.

I've heard many other Creeps complaining about those undergeared/scaled target, it's a lack of respect towards the Creep on the server imo - they took time to build up their Creeps so the minimum we can do is offer them a competitive environment and challenge - which is what WotD will do. We have AoM t2 on farm and our members cannot wait to buy all that t2 gear and hit the Moors for some nice and quality action. Quality being the key word.

You mentioned the lack of 1-shotting burg, well they are back buddy.

I appreciate you took the time to write up your view on the current BW PvMP status and the shout out to the other Tribes, I hope we see a huge influx of quality creeps over the next few weeks/months.

Cheers,
    glad to see the focus on quality for freep side. looking forward to better moors play
    dont worry the dev's are working on a fix that fixes the fix that fixed the fix that was fixing the fix....

26. May 08 2018, 07:59 PM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast