We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best Hunter Non-Raid gear since Northern Mirwood release

Having come back to the game after an absence, I have hit L115 and am looking for the best armor and jewellry for my hunter.
    Without doing the Abyss raid, what are the best options?

Here are some specific questions:
    Are the Linta gold rings (for 2000 ash) still the best rings in the game?

Does anything close to the raid gear drop from Court of Seregost or the Box dailies?

Can you get a full set of teal two-slotted Hunter armor in Northern Mirkwood?
    If so, where?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfy View Post
    Having come back to the game after an absence, I have hit L115 and am looking for the best armor and jewellry for my hunter.
    Without doing the Abyss raid, what are the best options?

Here are some specific questions:
    Are the Linta gold rings (for 2000 ash) still the best rings in the game?
    With the Northman Essences they are quite nice, yes. I slot Gold crit essences in mine.

Does anything close to the raid gear drop from Court of Seregost or the Box dailies?
    Not really. What you really want out of Court of Seregost is the Incomparable Rune of Striking for your bow.

You can get Cyan gear from there, though.

Can you get a full set of teal two-slotted Hunter armor in Northern Mirkwood?
    If so, where?
    No, just Cyan

Chest/Cloak come from The Black Book of Mordor
    Leggings come from the Epilogue
    Helm is Crafted
    Shoulders/Boots are bartered for

No gloves, I don't think. But it's better to barter for the 2 slot gloves for 130 Relics of the Last Alliance at your Quartermaster.

Thanks, and Jewellry?

That was a helpful reply.

When you say, Helm - Crafted, do you mean the Stalker's Coif of the Abyss which can be crafted from a recipe in Udun?

And what about Jewellry?
    Here are my thoughts:

It seems the Linta rings are still the best (better than the fire opals)
    Pocket - either the crafted one from Udun (scholar recipe - takes a fragment) or the Northern Stronghold Trinket
    Necklace - either the crafted one from Udun (Jeweller recipe - takes a fragment) or the northern stronghold necklace
    Earring of Springs Promise (requires just T1 completion but a whopping 2500 ash)
    Bracelet - Quick Gold Bracelet of the Expeditions Vangard

Does anyone else know of any equal or better alternatives?

Just get 14 light gear with 20 light new area pieces supplrmenting it. That awards you basically raid quality gear which allows 60k+ crit and 215k+ mastery. Raid pieces are obviously not option for you if you look non raid gear. 14 light gear is what we used to do the raid, so it should be more than good still. Best way to get geared is to do dailies and run seregost t2cm, wait with pocket, helmet, neck barters for ash since those drop fairly regular in cos.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Just get 14 light gear with 20 light new area pieces supplrmenting it. That awards you basically raid quality gear which allows 60k+ crit and 215k+ mastery. Raid pieces are obviously not option for you if you look non raid gear. 14 light gear is what we used to do the raid, so it should be more than good still. Best way to get geared is to do dailies and run seregost t2cm, wait with pocket, helmet, neck barters for ash since those drop fairly regular in cos.
    Thank you,
    That was very helpful.

That was a helpful reply.

When you say, Helm - Crafted, do you mean the Stalker's Coif of the Abyss which can be crafted from a recipe in Udun?
    You were asking what the best gear was without actually doing the raid. That gear mostly comes from the new area in Northern Mirkwood/Erebor/Dale.

So the recipe comes from bartering from the crafting vendors there.

And what about Jewellry?
    Here are my thoughts:

It seems the Linta rings are still the best (better than the fire opals)
    Pocket - either the crafted one from Udun (scholar recipe - takes a fragment) or the Northern Stronghold Trinket
    Necklace - either the crafted one from Udun (Jeweller recipe - takes a fragment) or the northern stronghold necklace
    Earring of Springs Promise (requires just T1 completion but a whopping 2500 ash)
    Bracelet - Quick Gold Bracelet of the Expeditions Vangard

Does anyone else know of any equal or better alternatives?
    Again, when I say "best" below, this is all from barterers and not the raid:

Earrings - Best from Bartering in Felegoth, the Earrings of Spring's promise aren't worth mucking with unless you are struggling to cap mastery.
    Necklace - Best from bartering for the Crafting recipe in Felegoth (Requires Lasgalen token + cost of recipe)
    Pocket - Best from bartering for the Crafting recipe in Felegoth (Requires Lasgalen token + cost of recipe)
    Bracelet - Best from bartering from High Elf Enchanter (Expedition's Vanguard)
    Rings - Gold Rings from High Elf Enchanter

The Bracelets you can get better by hoping for luck in Court of Seregost.

Thank you.
    That was a helpful summary of the jewellry.

Thank you.
    That was a helpful summary of the jewellry.
    Also, do any dailies you can that will award you slivers of a black steel key or a black steel key itself. Opening Gorgoroth Steel Lootboxes is also another source of raid-level gear, especially the jewelery. You can actually get raid level jewelery and greater weapon boxes from them, not to mention lots of ash.