We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Yellow trait Complex mechanisms (Trap resistance penetration): what is it?

After unsuccessfully searching the answer in both the forums and the wiki, I'd like to know what is the meaning of "trap resistance penetration".
    What happens when a mob has a high enough resistance value? He can walk through the trap or simply he gets less damage from it?
    As a yellow hunter I mostly need traps for AoE, so in case resistance only affects damage those 5 trait points could be better spent elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by tangenziale View Post
    After unsuccessfully searching the answer in both the forums and the wiki, I'd like to know what is the meaning of "trap resistance penetration".
    What happens when a mob has a high enough resistance value? He can walk through the trap or simply he gets less damage from it?
    As a yellow hunter I mostly need traps for AoE, so in case resistance only affects damage those 5 trait points could be better spent elsewhere...
    From my limited experience, it seems the length of time they are immovable is greatly reduced; using some in Limelight Gorge, a Huorn barely paused after hitting a set, and aTroll didnt even seem to slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    From my limited experience, it seems the length of time they are immovable is greatly reduced; using some in Limelight Gorge, a Huorn barely paused after hitting a set, and aTroll didnt even seem to slow down.
    Hmm... so it looks useful for AoE purposes. Thanks!

It does the same thing finesse does. Reduce resistances= chance to resist trap effect(not being rooted or snared).
    With some finesse on gear its worthless, if you have trouble getting a bit of finesse or starting in Mordor this trait might be useful.

But all in all it is one of the useless traits in yellow line.
    To name them:
    - Rain of Thorns rank 2-4
    - Explosive Powder and Explosive Arrow
    - Endurance
    - Complex Mechanisms
    - The One Trap
    - (Advanced Placement, because it is rather clunky)
    - (Improved Distrating Shot, because the CD is still way too long and duration too short)
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    It does the same thing finesse does. Reduce resistances= chance to resist trap effect(not being rooted or snared).
    With some finesse on gear its worthless, if you have trouble getting a bit of finesse or starting in Mordor this trait might be useful.

But all in all it is one of the useless traits in yellow line.
    To name them:
    - Rain of Thorns rank 2-4
    - Explosive Powder and Explosive Arrow
    - Endurance
    - Complex Mechanisms
    - The One Trap
    - (Advanced Placement, because it is rather clunky)
    - (Improved Distrating Shot, because the CD is still way too long and duration too short)
    I heartily agree, RoT and Ex Arrow are like throwing snowflakes at the Nimitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    I heartily agree, RoT and Ex Arrow are like throwing snowflakes at the Nimitz.
    Whoever had the idea to add more ranks to RoT for increased damage and thought it was good... Who cares about RoT damage. It's a ranged AoE root, nothing more, nothing less. Additional ranks should improve that aspect. Reduce CD, additional targets or increase duration/grace period/chance to break on damage... there are enough options...
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

Thanks Tartharil for that bit of advice. In my SlowGroup I'm playing a Yellow Hunter, and community guidance has been a bit thin.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seschat View Post
    Thanks Tartharil for that bit of advice. In my SlowGroup I'm playing a Yellow Hunter, and community guidance has been a bit thin.
    This is what I use (Lvl 115): https://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=8GF
    Reason for strength stance: Precision might cause higher damage (more PS), but Strength has the strong Quickshot snare and Strength improves Lingering Wound bleed damage AND Precision is boring. LW, PS, LW, PS, LW, PS.....

Skillrotation: QS, LW, PS/BloodA, BarbA, LW, PS..... if Swift Bow proccs, use SB instead of QS/BarbA

While leveling I would focus on the good yellow traits first, then red.
    https://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=8GG