We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    • Shield Use is effectively obsolete for the time being (weapon damage applies instead). We're evaluating what to do with it currently as it has never scaled properly with our other systems.
    Can we please get something done with Shield Use Rank on LI belt ? It's been obsolete for over 18 months
    Last edited by Marxlne; Oct 31 2019 at 04:35 AM.

And take a look on tenderize (maxranked) still doesn´t stack correctly.
    Either it stops now at a stacknumber of 4 instead the 5 it should or the numbers in the background for the calculation are wrong.

Fix the Fixers?

Part of the multitude of problems facing red-line Guardians are related to the other bugs in-game. Staff aren't sufficiently testing out alterations or changes to code before implementation.

How many times have you come across a bug that is Glaringly obvious to anyone who has played the game but seems to have been missed or ignored by those responsible for ensuring it is working properly? Things like quests that cant be completed, skills that aren't working properly, missing items, character animation issues, cosmetic display problems, battle animation weirdness (using a sword-based skill but seeing your crossbow smacking the NME, a current bug), you know, things that anyone who has actually tested the changes live would have seen.

For example my guess is that staff depend primarily on feedback from players, players who may be more interested in seeing the new content and who may not be submitting feedback/bug reports when they do come across a bug and aren't trained to spot potential problems. Another scenario is that staff responsible for quality control, if they exist, aren't familiar with certain classes and their skills and effects and/or aren't well versed in the overall actual gameplay. Another scenario - a staffer responsible for altering a red-line Guardians stats/traits for example has never played the game as a Guardian and just assumes everything is okay if sparks and smoke don't immediately fly and the game doesn't crash when the code is implemented because a similar change to a Hunter for example that they MAY be familiar with, worked just fine.

I am a hardcore red-line Guardian (11 red-line Guardian alts), I don't do the tank thing and over the 6 years I have been playing the game I have seen MANY Guardian related bugs pop up that shouldn't have even made it into the game in the first place had the changes been properly checked. What we see are changes being flung at us in a sometimes haphazard fashion and that hurts the games reputation.

Bottom line? Players of the game are NOT Quality Control. Knocking on wood and crossing your fingers when adding new content or changing existing code is NOT Quality Control. Waiting until enough players point out a problem before finally fixing it is NOT Quality Control. "Fixing" an issue that breaks something else is NOT Quality Control. I would happily wait an additional couple of weeks for new content or changes to be released IF THEY WORK.

I am growing weary of being treated as a guinea pig in a lab experiment as I suspect others are as well, which may explain declining membership/VIP's.
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

Time to get dissapointed with a half baked guardian update and wait another almost 3 level caps for the other half. Because yes ssg, this update has to be huge, it's not just some small tweaks here and there. Blue line is still a bit alright but still needs a ton of utility and defensive buffs but red line and yellow line is really where you should be getting a whole page of changes each. Those 2 are the most messed up lines atm and will need close to total reworks.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Time to get dissapointed with a half baked guardian update and wait another almost 3 level caps for the other half. Because yes ssg, this update has to be huge, it's not just some small tweaks here and there. Blue line is still a bit alright but still needs a ton of utility and defensive buffs but red line and yellow line is really where you should be getting a whole page of changes each. Those 2 are the most messed up lines atm and will need close to total reworks.
    Is there notes anywhere with Guard changes, I haven't seen anything?

Classes:
    Guardian
    Cooldown for Thrill of Battle heal reduced to [20->8s].
    Stoic bubble now provides damage reduction during its effect rather than a heal on expiration.
    "Bellow" trait reduces Challenge cooldown by 5s per rank. Trait tooltip has been updated to reflect this.
    Break Ranks now applies a group-wide buff rather than individual.
    The skill is now triggered by Shield-taunt rather than Shield-smash.
    This buff can only be triggered once every 60 seconds.
    Fortification can now begin rebuilding immediately after being cashed out.

OK When are you guy's gonna release the rest of the patch notes on class rework ? This is no where close to what Guard's need. Juggernaut needs to be -100% All Incoming Damage during it's duration & Pledge should be ~ -30% All Damage types negate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    • Shield Use is effectively obsolete for the time being (weapon damage applies instead). We're evaluating what to do with it currently as it has never scaled properly with our other systems.
    Still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboch View Post
    Still waiting.
    2 years later. lmao unreal.

When will guards get an update?

Please update the Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone87 View Post
    Please update the Guardian.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Classes:
    • Guardian - Shield-wall will no longer block the target from using Stamp.
    • Guardian - Fixed erroneous placeholder text for the Bolster characteristic.
    • Guardian - Added tooltip notes stating that Warrior's Fortitude traits from separate trees will not stack. This is just a text change reflecting the existing functionality.

Here you go

Everyone: SSG, we need guard revamp.
    SSG: we have guard revamp at home.
    guard revamp at home:

Guardian - Shield-wall will no longer block the target from using Stamp.
    Guardian - Fixed erroneous placeholder text for the Bolster characteristic.
    Guardian - Added tooltip notes stating that Warrior's Fortitude traits from separate trees will not stack. This is just a text change reflecting the existing functionality.
    Warden - Nicl - lvl130
    LM - Telperinor - lvl130
    Burglar - Nicsa - lvl130
    RK - Telpinquar - lvl130

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Here you go
    Finally! Now that the tooltip text is up to date, I'm the main tank for my kinship again. Thanks, devs!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20