We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What am I doing wrong?

I feel like I'm doing something incorrect on my hunter currently. I am running into some confusion with how I am hitting so soft compared to other hunters on the server. I was told that as a hunter, I should be able to parse 60k+ on bosses, however I'm only parsing like 30k.

My stats Currently:

Thanks for your help

Can you post what gear you currently have as well specifically LI's + what is your trait build.

I use a mixture of Abyssal Essences and Empowered Abyssal Essences.
    My trait build is: https://lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=8K5

Quote Originally Posted by Welney View Post
    I use a mixture of Abyssal Essences and Empowered Abyssal Essences.
    My trait build is: https://lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=8K5
    Without knowing the exact gear/essences you have on, it's impossible to tell you what to change. Hover your mouse over your gear and LIs and press H to create static tooltips and take a screenshot with all of the gear tooltips on your screen. Then someone can tell you what to optimize. However, I can see from your stats that your mastery/crit is a bit low and your finesse is too high.

As for your trait points, take away the 5 points from Swift and True and put them in Fast Draw. You should also have 4/5 Bodkin Arrows with Rapid Fire trait as Bodkin Arrows makes a big difference in your overall damage. This is an example of what your traits should look like for PvE raid.

Of course, this trait set up will change next update due to class passes, but it will work fine until that happens.

As for rotation, the current hunter meta is to tier up Barrage ASAP and spam Barrage 3 while quickly alternating between Barrage 3 and another skill like Pen Shot, Blood Arrow, Quick Shot, etc.

What were other DPS doing in group? It doesn't matter one bit what you supposed to do if support is garbage. Support makes your DPS. Rotation is huge factor but if there is no buffs there is no damage. I see that garbage constantly on world by people who havent set foot in raids saying you as a class do this and that damage... It's all about support. Even the best hunter on the server can't do any DPS in PUG groups. (others detailed rotation and stuff already so no need to go into that)

Here is my gear:

I did a quick training dummy parse for example....

Thanks

You need the golden essences: Northern Stronghold Essence of Physical Mastery with 5888PM and Northern Stronghold Essence of Critical Rating
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...ysical_Mastery
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...ritical_Rating
    You can get them from ashes (2500 each) or crafting...

Here is my gear:

I did a quick training dummy parse for example....

Thanks
    I suggest getting the gold ring with essence slot from Elf Smith (the name is Linta), that way you can equip more essences and raise your mastery and crit.

Your legacies on main-hand and bow need some replacing. I've posted a picture of the LI window as some legacies have valuable secondary effects and I want you to see what they are, since you will not be able to see them on the LI tooltip.

You're wearing earrings with fate, I suggest the one that costs ash and is available at the Ruins of Dingarth raid barterers. It is unlocked after doing Sagrog on T1 so its not too hard to get and the stats are good.

Replace your finesse pocket with the crit pocket from Northern Mirkwood.

Consider wearing the Epic Battle jewelry set that gives +20% critical chance proc. The three that I am showing are the ones you should have. The set bonus is REALLY helpful in raising your DPS in instances. Keep your lvl 115 ring and bracelets for when you do questing because the finesse on them is good for landscape mobs.

Doing all of these things should raise your DPS considerably in groups.

Won't I be losing a lot in finesse if I get rid of both bracelets?

Won't I be losing a lot in finesse if I get rid of both bracelets?
    For PvE, you will not need much finesse since the boss will be facing the tank so the chance for block/parry is basically zero and full evades don't happen much. I personally wear around 45k finesse and I get close to zero hits that are evaded in Abyss.

For PvP, you should not wear the Epic Battle set.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    For PvE, you will not need much finesse since the boss will be facing the tank so the chance for block/parry is basically zero and full evades don't happen much. I personally wear around 45k finesse and I get close to zero hits that are evaded in Abyss.

For PvP, you should not wear the Epic Battle set.
    Thank you very much Hejazia!
    Do you use Epic Battle battle set for trash pulls as well?

Thank you very much Hejazia!
    Do you use Epic Battle battle set for trash pulls as well?
    I keep the Epic Battle set on for trash pulls because the +20% crit chance proc helps with getting crits which add focus, so you are less likely to run out of focus early.

I only take off the set and put on the finesse bracelets for questing in lvl 115 zones because for some reason a Dale-Lands Doe has supernatural BPE capabilities and for PvP.

Thank you very much!
    The last question I have is should I just wait for the update to see what changes for us LI/Gear wise?

Gear will likely stay the same, just some legacies might need replacing after the class balance update comes.

Looking at legacies, Im thinking:
    induction crit multiplier
    heart seeker damage
    induction bow damage
    focus bow crit multiplier
    swift bow damage
    strength quick shot slow
    upshot damage

How are those for redline?

Looking at legacies, Im thinking:
    induction crit multiplier
    heart seeker damage
    induction bow damage
    focus bow crit multiplier
    swift bow damage
    strength quick shot slow
    upshot damage

How are those for redline?
    I use:

Induction bow damage
    Upshot damage
    Heartseeker damage
    Focus bow power cost/Focus Bow damage
    Induction bow critical multiplier
    Focus bow critical multiplier
    Quick Shot critical chance/Quick Shot critical magnitude

I decided to remove Strength Quick Shot Slow and the Hunter Damage over Time from the previous update with Upshot and Heart Seeker after the class changes.

As you can see, it is possible to parse well over 200k dps on a dummy with this setup.

I use:

Induction bow damage
    Upshot damage
    Heartseeker damage

I decided to remove Strength Quick Shot Slow and the Hunter Damage over Time from the previous update with Upshot and Heart Seeker after the class changes.

As you can see, it is possible to parse well over 200k dps on a dummy with this setup.

Holy ####!
    Ok thanks so much! Really appreciate your help Hejazia!

I use:

Induction bow damage
    Upshot damage
    Heartseeker damage

Does the HS Damage legacy affect the bleed or just the initial hit? I would think the DoT legacy more valuable if the HS one only affects the initial hit.
    CAANWICK - Wardenist - Make Wardens Great Again!!! / CAANJOB - The Ettenmoors' worst Burglar / CAANJAAL - Hunter
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Forged in Flames-Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caanjaal View Post
    Does the HS Damage legacy affect the bleed or just the initial hit? I would think the DoT legacy more valuable if the HS one only affects the initial hit.
    The legacy does not affect the bleed, but it does not matter. The boost to upfront hit is more than enough to compensate for the lack of extra DoT damage, especially on crits/devs. Hunter is not really a DoT based class, in your combat analysis you will see always less than 5% of your total damage coming from DoTs.

I use:

Induction bow damage
    Upshot damage
    Heartseeker damage

For dummy parses it obviously doesn't matter but the ranged skill evade chance legacy is still very usefull.
    I've been toying around with legacies a bit and this is what i'm using now (main bow + swap bow for HS/SB)

The only thing i'm not sure about is the quick shot legacy. Need to do some more testing to see which one is better QS damage or QS crit chance + multiplier.
    MacSwaggis (formerly MacHaggis) R12 HNT , HeavyHaggis R10 GRD, Scrubtain R7 CPT
    Haggisbash R8 RVR , Haggisgash R7 WL

@SpicyMacHaggis

If you're using a swap bow for HS/SB, how often do you change it while fighting a boss fight ? To bad, that we have to much legacies, and most of them are useful. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by WorrBinpike View Post
    @SpicyMacHaggis

If you're using a swap bow for HS/SB, how often do you change it while fighting a boss fight ? To bad, that we have to much legacies, and most of them are useful. ;P
    Everytime I'm using HS/SB off course.
    Switching between bows is no dps loss at all if you're comfortable with your keybinds.
    MacSwaggis (formerly MacHaggis) R12 HNT , HeavyHaggis R10 GRD, Scrubtain R7 CPT
    Haggisbash R8 RVR , Haggisgash R7 WL

23. Jun 06 2018, 11:28 AM

Hunter bows suffer severely from "7 legacy syndrome", while my main-hand LI still has a few stat legacies. /shakingmydamnhead

If Hunter Damage Over Time and Ranged Skill Evade Chance was on main-hand, then it would be perfect.

I use:

Induction bow damage
    Upshot damage
    Heartseeker damage

Spamming RoA I guess ?
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

I use:

Induction bow damage
    Upshot damage
    Heartseeker damage

What kind of partial evades do you get without the -evade legacy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast