We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Devs: Remove META-DEED steeds from [Steeds of the Tireless] box

I just saw the new pick-a-mount box called [Steeds of the Tireless Box], which is available to barter for 4k ash or as Gorgoroth lootbox drop.

Appalled to see the following meta-deed steeds included as selectables:

Steed of Many Colours (Isengard instances meta-deed reward)
    Nimble Black Goat (Moria instances meta-deed reward)
    Wild Mountain Goat (Lothlorien instances meta-deed reward)
    Dunedain Great-Steed (Eriador instances meta-deed reward)
    Steed of the Dale-Lands (Erebor instances meta-deed)

Do you realize that the only reason it is still possible to find groups to run old instances/raids is due to rarity of those mounts and great accomplishment that comes with completing deeds to get them?

Non-scaling old group content far below cap is still relevant, and still lucrative, and is still done, precisely because those rarest mounts serve as the motivation to run those instances and get those instance deeds completed. Those mounts are EARNED by completing game content. It took me a year to earn the Steed of Many Colours, and I absolutely guarantee that the only reason I was able to fill my numerous Orthanc runs was because others were motivated by the same reward.

The only reason it is still easy to to get groups for Moria and Lorien instances is because there's plenty of folks who want those meta-deed goats on their alts as they take them through those instances over and over.

This does not need any further explanation to illustrate why including meta-deed steeds in landscape barter/random box is preposterous. Do you want people to play old content at all?

Keep the [Hobby Horse] in [Steeds of the Tireless Box], this is exactly the kind of item that belongs here and it will make many happy to have a better chance at it than random Yule gift. But meta-deed steeds should not be available like this - they require completion of actual game content to earn. Please remove them and let them be what they were designed to be: rewards for completing challenging game content.

(For the record: the previous Turbine team tried to include some meta-deed steeds in original [pick-a-mount box] in beta, but they were removed due to eliciting the same negative reactions. Please don't repeat the same mistake.)
    Last edited by Herwegur; May 30 2018 at 04:16 PM. Reason: forgot to include Steed of the Dale-Lands
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

+1

Remove this, it doesn't belong here at all.

I agree completely, this is one of the most ridiculous changes I've seen. How anyone thought this was a good idea is beyond me... I'm okay with Faltharan's Steed and the Hobby-Horse being in there as they're just RNG-based, but the meta-deed steeds? Definitely not.

Also, what the heck is the Ale Association Goat doing in there? It's an easily obtained rep mount...

/signed

The existance of this box shall be justified only by cosmetics/festival horses, that now are rewards for mere farm.

Making the exclusive mounts earned with ability and effort avaible behind pure pointless farm (or purchase) is a torn in the gameplay and in the effort-reward system that should be at the base concept of any Videogame...

--Duf of Ark

100% /signed some of us worked hard to get deeds done, now its for barter. I hope they undo this.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Signed

Remove mounts unlocked by raid deeds. Add festival mounts from previous years.

Whole heartedly agree! Hobby Horse is fine.. old festival mounts are fine... meta deed mounts are not!

I also run with a group that still runs Orthanc with people to help them learn and get their mount. It takes a huge amount of effort. But there is much pride when they obtain it! You put them in the RNG boxes and you remove that. They shouldn't be in the same category as the hobby horse!!!!
    "Pink makes EVERYTHING better! Cept Orcs or gobbies. Nothin' can make them better!"
    Tearna Quickfoot, Hobbit minstrel on Landroval
    Lonely Mountain Band

Signed!

Disagree - I like that mounts in this box are desirable and ones people have asked for on forums.
    If you want to go through old content (not for everyone) and spend the time to get your steed for free then go for it.
    If others want to obtain the same steed through gathering ash by playing newer content or support the game by purchasing a few keys, I see no issue in it whatsoever.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Agreed, this is a horrible idea.
    Hobby horse is fine, but no instance meta deed steeds, please.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Agreed, please remove meta raid horses from the lootboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight.Arkenstone View Post
    Disagree - I like that mounts in this box are desirable and ones people have asked for on forums.

If you want to go through old content (not for everyone) and spend the time to get your steed for free then go for it.
    As it was meant. Also, some of these came from xpacks, which isn't exactly free unless you really wanna grind some serious LP.

If others want to obtain the same steed through gathering ash by playing newer content or support the game by purchasing a few keys, I see no issue in it whatsoever.
    Cause it devalues it for everyone who actually bothered to run it in the past?
    People who bothered to learn Orthanc raids?
    Countless raid attempts to get Erebor stuff?

No. These should have never even been considered as part of a lootbox drop or any sort of other drop.

Quote Originally Posted by elzeqq View Post
    Agreed, please remove meta raid horses from the lootboxes.
    Funny how Adam wants the meta deed horses removed from the lootboxes so people have to get them legitimately via running the instances when he doesn't hit r15 by legitimately playing in the moors but no shade.

As a casual and hardcore RPer, I love that I can now get these steeds from lootboxes, please don't remove them, and please add the OD steed as well!

Furthermore, I'd like to start a petition to get Elzeqq/Adam removed from the game. ./signed

Agreed and signed.

P.S. If you still decide to add them, at least remove the Dale horse, that's one of the hardest (if not the most hardest) horses to get in game from raids and doesn't belong in a lootbox, whereas others can be grinded in a few hours.

I disagree as well. Old content is trivial now and has no challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Elace View Post
    Funny how Adam wants the meta deed horses removed from the lootboxes so people have to get them legitimately via running the instances when he doesn't hit r15 by legitimately playing in the moors but no shade.
    Provide proof, please.

As casual and hardcore RPer, I love that I can now get these steeds from lootboxes, please don't remove them, and please add the OD steed as well!
    Or you could bother learning the game....and earning them. Not like thise instances are hard.

Furthermore, I'd like to start a petition to get Elzeqq/Adam removed from the game. ./signed
    Ban for what? What did he do that you can prove?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    I disagree as well. Old content is trivial now and has no challenge.
    Gather a party and run it? If it's not a challenge, then surely everyone can earn it.

Please do not put meta deed steeds in lootboxes. This completely diminishes the rewards for completing the content. Part of the fun of earning these rewards is getting a group of friends together to work on it. Even if it is a little more trivial for some raids now than when they were at the level cap, they should remain proper rewards for doing that content. The bonus for you (SSG) is that people need to pay for that content via LOTRO Points or buying the expansions.

Don't trivialize it please. I want the game to be healthy.

Leave the Hobby Horse in the box and just add old festival mounts to it instead.

(Also, let the Hobby Horse be used in more places and make it Bind to Account rather than Bind on Acquire...)
    Last edited by ChromiteSwiftpaw; May 30 2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepify View Post
    Provide proof, please.
    Well I mean it's not like it's a secret. Just ask him for a screenie of his wartab and a screenie of the /played command displayed in the chat box, that will tell you everything.

And a ban for yet again using another account to circumvent yet another permaban.

/signed.
    Earbold (Laurelin [EN-RP])
    Member of the Bandits raid alliance
    Original Challenger of Gothmog and the Abyss

Well I mean it's not like it's a secret. Just ask him for a screenie of his wartab and a screenie of the /played command displayed in the chat box, that will tell you everything.

And a ban for yet again using another account to circumvent yet another permaban.
    So, you yourself can't prove anything. Nice. Fake accusations are reportable, just FYI.
    Don't wish to derail further as there is no need, topic at hand is better than whatever you're trying to start.

META deed steeds should not be buyable! These steeds still have high value for players. If someone need, should work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Araphorn View Post
    Agreed and signed.

P.S. If you still decide to add them, at least remove the Dale horse, that's one of the hardest (if not the most hardest) horses to get in game from raids and doesn't belong in a lootbox, whereas others can be grinded in a few hours.
    To be honest, I am terrified that they will add in these steeds for ash barter. But please, KEEP THE EREBOR STEED SACRED!!!!

It's the hardest raid instance cluster in this damn game and I will legit screech all day and all night if I see lvl 20 characters or freshly baked Aria toons in South Bree with this.

I totally support the OP. :D
    Last edited by Hejazia.Arkenstone; May 30 2018 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepify View Post
    I have personally expressed a desire for this to happen too but it was only in world chat. Thankfully other people have brought it to their attention and it could be on live soon!

+1 OP

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast