We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Keep getting detected in steath

I have a maxed burglar in red line, but 5 points in Footpad and 5 in Leaf-walker, giving me +12 stealth levels, which is the most possible without getting the Epic Battle set (which isn't available at 115, only up to 100), yet other 115s keep detecting me within seconds of me going into stealth. Is there something I'm missing on how they get their stealth detection so high? I miss being able to escape them in stealth. (This is not in the moors, just in South Bree)

frontal stealth detection is MUCH higher than from behind.
    There is equipment which further raises stealth level.
    Stealth isnt invisibility.
    ...why does it matter, if friendly players can see you? or is it about duels?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

I don't know the specifics, but here are some ideas:

- could be someone else has you targeted, like someone in your fellowship, and by using the 'see my targets selection' option they can select you.
    - Hunters and LM's get increased stealth detection
    - It is easier to be seen when in front of the person, perhaps you are moving through their field of vision, or are too close

Hope that helps.

jljohnson4 is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    The Sly and Cunning
    Friendly players can just naturally see you easier. This can be seen out in the moors. Stealth through a crowd of freeps and you can see them target you. You are also able to spot other freeps that are in stealth easier than unfriendly wargs. On the flip side if you log into a warg you will spot other wargs much easier than you will other freep classes that are stealthed. I know you said this was in south bree, but I have not seen any evidence suggesting that the same rules for friendly stealth detection wont apply in both locations.
    Last edited by jljohnson4; Jun 04 2018 at 03:45 PM.

Rastlyn: Burglar, Naltsar: Guardian, Reistlin: Hunter, Reistlan: Runekeeper
    A Burg's Eye View