We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Redline Legacies

Hi all,

With the upcoming class changes I've been putting together some new redline LIs, but it's been a long long time since I last played in red and I'm not totally sure what legacies to go for. My current thinking is:

MAIN-HAND

• Merciful Shot Critical Multiplier
    • Press Onward Cooldown
    • Rain of Arrows Damage
    • Beneath Notice Cooldown
    • Strength Stance Damage
    • Agility maybe?

BOW

• Burn Hot Damage
    • Focus Bow Critical Multiplier
    • Induction Bow Damage
    • Induction Bow Critical Multiplier
    • Induction Bow Power Cost / Upshot Damage
    • Heart Seeker Damage
    • Strength Quick Shot Slow

Would anyone more experienced with red-line in general let me know if these are decent choices or if I've made any glaring errors? Thanks in advance!

Press Onward cooldown, Beneath Notice cooldown, and Burn Hot damage are best on swaps since we do not use those often; make sure to use spear/crossbow as swap if your regular weapons are sword/mace/club/axe etc and bow (spear vs other melee weapons and crossbow vs bow do not overwrite each other even with cosmetic weapons, so you can easily see which is currently equipped and avoid fail swap without opening extra panel(s)).

For the rest (aside from the obvious choices like crit multiplier etc), prolly best to log on Bullroarer or wait till launch, read tooltips to decide how to use each skill (e.g. whether to use it whenever off cd or wait for specific condition), practice a bit on dummy to get a good rotation, then do some parsing and check the total damage for each skill, so you can pick legacies which boost top damage dealers. Sorry I cannot give useful information on this atm cause cba checking Bullroarer

Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasilion View Post
    Press Onward cooldown, Beneath Notice cooldown, and Burn Hot damage are best on swaps since we do not use those often; make sure to use spear/crossbow as swap if your regular weapons are sword/mace/club/axe etc and bow (spear vs other melee weapons and crossbow vs bow do not overwrite each other even with cosmetic weapons, so you can easily see which is currently equipped and avoid fail swap without opening extra panel(s)).

For the rest (aside from the obvious choices like crit multiplier etc), prolly best to log on Bullroarer or wait till launch, read tooltips to decide how to use each skill (e.g. whether to use it whenever off cd or wait for specific condition), practice a bit on dummy to get a good rotation, then do some parsing and check the total damage for each skill, so you can pick legacies which boost top damage dealers. Sorry I cannot give useful information on this atm cause cba checking Bullroarer
    Ah that spear/crossbow idea is great, I never thought of that - thank you!

For Press Onward and Beneath Notice, I only really included them out of lack of any better options, although I suppose I could just go for stat legacies instead - I've seen a few people using Bubble Potency but I can't really make up my mind as to whether that's totally useless or not....

It would also seem from the release notes that the Upshot Damage legacy will not be working, and so the -Power Cost legacy doesn't really seem worth it without it - you're right of course, seems it is best to just wait for the update and see how things have turned out

You are most welcome

imo stat legacies would be much more useful if you have swap for PO, BN, bubble etc, as we benefit from extra stats 95% of the time.

Regarding Upshot damage, according to Bullroarer hunter feedback thread it increases Upshot crit magnitude instead of skill damage (so tooltip damage stays the same), if it stays like this on live then the extra crit mag is probably worth having.

Quote Originally Posted by Farasilion View Post
    You are most welcome

imo stat legacies would be much more useful if you have swap for PO, BN, bubble etc, as we benefit from extra stats 95% of the time.

Regarding Upshot damage, according to Bullroarer hunter feedback thread it increases Upshot crit magnitude instead of skill damage (so tooltip damage stays the same), if it stays like this on live then the extra crit mag is probably worth having.
    The problem would be testing on live, you would need some legacy change scrolls already, so having to use 1-2 more only to test upshot...

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    The problem would be testing on live, you would need some legacy change scrolls already, so having to use 1-2 more only to test upshot...
    Quote from BR forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf2x View Post
    During the last BR patch, the Upshot Damage legacy was actually boosting the critical damage for Upshot (140k hit with the legacy and 120k without), so its possible that the legacy works as a critical multiplier right now instead of skill damage, which would also explain why the Upshot tooltip value remained the same. It would be nice if Vastin could look into that on next Hunter fix.
    That is exactly what it is doing currently. I've got a fix set up for it already, though it won't go live with this next patch. It makes surprisingly little difference whether the bonus is applied to base damage or crit magnitude as it turns out - damage is usually a little better, but really it'll vary depending on your gearing.

-Vastin