We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How Barrage works

If you are surprised by the new supercooldown on barrage, here is how it works:

Barrage has a normal cooldown of 2 seconds. If you do a Barrage, then a second one 2 to 6 seconds later, that will be a Barrage 2. If you do a third one 2 to 17 seconds after that, it will be a Barrage 3. A Barrage 3 has a supercooldown of 15 seconds.

If you wait more than 6 seconds after the first Barrage, the next one will still be a Barrage. However, you must wait at least 17 seconds after a Barrage 2 to get back to Barrage. Otherwise, the next one will be a Barrage 3 with the supercooldown.

Since Barrage 3 is available for so long, and since you will be hit with the supercooldown even if it has been 16 seconds since the Barrage 2, if you do a Barrage 2, you might as well do a Barrage 3 as soon as possible. You're going to have to wait 15 seconds before you can use the skill again either way.

This will take some getting used to. I don't know if there are other skills in the game that have variable cooldowns like this or how people manage them. The only indication is in the tooltip of the skill, and you have to move the mouse away and back to see what it is at that moment.

The tooltips are currently wrong. The Barrage tooltip shows two damage notes, and the Barrage 2 tooltip shows two power notes. I'm assuming the damage and power numbers are correct and the tooltip text is wrong.

Barrage 2 does 1.5 times the damage (+50%, not +150% as shown in the tooltip) and uses twice the power (+100%) of the base Barrage.

Barrage 3 does 2.3 times the damage (+130%, not +230% as shown in the tooltip) and uses four times the power (+300%) of the base Barrage.
    Last edited by Michaleo; Jun 27 2018 at 10:42 PM.
    Michaleo / Nodread / Wrytune / Truroar / Varmentor Toolmaker
    Landroval michaleo.wordpress.com

The multiplier needs to be raised to match the tool tip numbers.

I went from one shot Barrage glory kills to struggling with green titled mobs 3 levels below me.

A stinky L22 goblin should not take six varied arrow attacks and two sword whacks on average to kill at L25.

One day, I'm confidently soloing Iarchith and the next I'm frantically kiting dinky goblins in the Lone Lands.

This was one heck of a nerf.

Angry How Barrage is worthless and how the joy was murdered with a bazooka

Quote Originally Posted by Morealionon View Post

I went from one shot Barrage glory kills to struggling with green titled mobs 3 levels below me.

A stinky L22 goblin should not take six varied arrow attacks and two sword whacks on average to kill at L25.

One day, I'm confidently soloing Iarchith and the next I'm frantically kiting dinky goblins in the Lone Lands.

I have a L 77 hunter, I took that hunter to get rep that I had overlooked in North Downs yesterday. LEVEL 26 mobs...I'm 77...that's a 51 level gap, right? I should have been able to 1 shot anything there with any skill or auto, right? No, no, no its 2 or 3 shots. Barrage is completely worthless. I took it off my rotation. My quick shot hits harder than barrage. Swift bow each shot hits twice as hard as barrage. Also your precision stance is now worthless as well as rapid fire. Cause people don't generally spam penetrating shot. I know I'm making it sound like all I did was barrage everything...well If I'm going backwards into lower zones to kill for rep or deeds then yeah I am cause I want get it over with ya know, killing 180 wolves in the Trollshaws isn't my idea of a good time. But now its like a huge struggle to do anything 50 levels below even. Thanks for ruining the 1 class I really really enjoyed playing... Cause class balance ya know, maybe Ill try to tank as a hunter instead of a guardian, since were all the same? and hit as hard as each other? and our dps is the same?

I am disgusted. I play this game because its not Mario kart...you had options, you take your characters in the direction you want to take them. Gear, options...physical appearance, options....which zones you want to level in, options. Right? yes so that's awesome! But now? You play the way they want you to play. Why then are there even choices for trait lines? Worthless. I've seen hunters get nerfed and ramped a few times over, but THIS is outrageous. I understand over power, sure hunters were way over. This is crippling. Take this class out of thought for a dps role, simply because they aren't anymore. My precious hunter that I made almost 8 years ago has been taken outback and shot in the head. (don't judge me cause it took me that long to reach 77...she's nurtured! Also I had to take a 4 year break and have so many alts)

I've gotten way off track here because of the frustration and disappointment, but I'm leaving this just so someone else will know, I feel you, I understand, I'm sorry.
    /rant off

Quote Originally Posted by Morealionon View Post

Some sort of barrage nerf was overdue for quite a while as the skill was broken and could have its damage raised over tier 3 (still said tier 3 but the tooltip damage and power cost would increase). Not to mention blue line should never have been better dps than red. If you are struggling to kill green mobs, or even blue ones then something else is going on because my level 25 (and my 115) do not have these same problems. I am sorry you can't run around and push one button to win anymore, but tbh it hasn't always been like that and it is the fault of the devs for making it that way in the first place. Creates a bunch of people who don't know what a proper rotation is and now that their "I win" button has been taken away from them they have to go back to the drawing board and learn the class. The level 23ish goblins in LL have around 600 health which is less than my barrage 2 and 3 crit for. Not sure why it takes you 8 attacks "on average" when it takes me 2-3.
    Nanci - 115 Captain / Hirandiel - 115 Hunter / Hildimar - 115 Minstrel - "Weekend at Bill Ferny's" - Arkenstone (formerly of Windfola)
    Nimgarthiel - 75 Captain / Gliriel - 50 Minstrel / Hereniel - 25 Hunter - "Succulent Meats" - Arkenstone