We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Hunter redline rotation questions

As far as I see red hunter with u22.2 changes, this is what I came up with:

Focus skills:
    penshot obviously needs to be used each 10s for its huge buffs (+10% critchance (and -5% physmits)).
    exsanguinate is now a really good dot and can reliably be used each 20s, therefore, bloodarrow needs to be used at least each 20s.
    merciful shot deals nearly as much damage as upshot and with 20s CD usually costs just 5 or maybe 4 focus and such is nearly double as efficient for damage/focus than upshot.
    Upshot still deals good damage.

Induction skills:
    Heartseeker has a huge dot. needs to be used whenever available.
    Barbed arrows dot is still clearly worth it. should be used each 10s.
    swift bow deals a lot of damage. still better with instantproc from qs than without.
    qs is very fast and deals okayish damage. it still makes inductions better if used at least each 6s (stacks three times) and gives instantswiftbowprocs.

still, using two induction skills afteranother has a gap between them and should be avoided.

resulting "rotation":
    usually, rotating an induction skill with a focus consumer should be tried.
    The focus builder should be hs when possible, BA each 10s, SB with procc (maybe even without?) or QS.
    Focus consumer should be PS each 10s, BA followed by exsang each 20s, otherwise mercshot>upshot.

Am I wrong?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Haven‘t checked on MS yet, would be surprising if it Hits that hard. In general i‘d say that one has to pick several Skills and form a rota. I don‘t think it‘ll be wise to use all off those skills, behause you don‘t get them all into a proper rotatation, especially with all the procs you need to take care off.
    I‘d say that working out a solid rota will be the task.

So what legacy is not worth it?

Induction Bow Critical Multiplier
    Induction Bow Damage
    Focus Bow Critical Multiplier
    Focus Bow Power Cost and Focus Bow Damage
    Heart Seeker Damage
    Hunter Damage Over Time
    Induction Bow Power Cost and Upshot Damage
    Swift Bow Damage

Quote Originally Posted by Snigol View Post
    So what legacy is not worth it?

Induction Bow Damage
    Focus Bow Power Cost and Focus Bow Damage
    Heart Seeker Damage
    Hunter Damage Over Time
    Induction Bow Power Cost and Upshot Damage
    Swift Bow Damage
    I got rid of Focus bow power cost and thinking of getting rid of HS damage to use it on swappy bow. Most hunters didn't have that even slotted as prior to this patch either so I was a bit outlier there. Induction power cost is trash and always been.

The upshot legacy is really good tho.
    Instead of increasing dmg it is increasing crit multiplier from upshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasius View Post
    The upshot legacy is really good tho.
    Instead of increasing dmg it is increasing crit multiplier from upshot.
    Are you sure?
    Yesterday it seamed to me as if the Legacy didn‘t work at all. After placing it on Bow, Damage seamed to decrease for Upshot.
    By the way: if my math is correct, 30% more Base Damage would be worth more than an additional 30% Critmulti. Ain‘t?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerothain View Post
    Are you sure?
    Yesterday it seamed to me as if the Legacy didn‘t work at all. After placing it on Bow, Damage seamed to decrease for Upshot.
    By the way: if my math is correct, 30% more Base Damage would be worth more than an additional 30% Critmulti. Ain‘t?
    my Tests:

No legacy: crit: 157.2k
    With legacy: crit: 171.8k

Are you sure?
    If you check Update 22.2 Release Notes you will see known issues:
    "The Upshot Damage legacy is not increasing skill damage."

Maybe it is not working yet...

9. Jun 05 2018, 06:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    I got rid of Focus bow power cost and thinking of getting rid of HS damage to use it on swappy bow. Most hunters didn't have that even slotted as prior to this patch either so I was a bit outlier there. Induction power cost is trash and always been.
    With how frequent of a shot HS is, I feel like you'd lose some dps constantly switching between bows.

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

Are you sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snigol View Post
    If you check Update 22.2 Release Notes you will see known issues: "The Upshot Damage legacy is not increasing skill damage."

Maybe it is not working yet...
    Vastin confirmed that it is affecting the critical magnitude for Upshot instead of the Upshot damage. It was posted in Hunter feedback thread in Bullroarer forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    Vastin confirmed that it is affecting the critical magnitude for Upshot instead of the Upshot damage. It was posted in Hunter feedback thread in Bullroarer forum.
    Is there a fix in the future for this if it is a problem, if anyone knows?

How does that work with HS on a swappy bow? I understand that with burn hot, you can equip it, hit the skill and then switch back to your main bow, but with HS on the swappy, do you have to equip it to use it, then switch back to your main?

Any suggestions on red line rotations or other information would greatly be appreciated. I've been doing blue line seemingly for ever and liked it, but after experimenting with red line yesterday, I'm pretty sure I am going to switch to red line for the brunt of my use now.

What did you replace them with? I'm also switching over from being pretty blue-line exclusive, so I have no idea what legacies to go with, and I only have the coins to fix my bow and spear once.

Quote Originally Posted by fireinwinter View Post
    What did you replace them with? I'm also switching over from being pretty blue-line exclusive, so I have no idea what legacies to go with, and I only have the coins to fix my bow and spear once.
    i replaced it with the upshot legacy

But anyone have any suggestions on what i should replace the barrage dmg legacy with on my melee?

Quote Originally Posted by fireinwinter View Post
    Upshot legacy will likely be fixed next mini-update so in a week or two I would expect that to happen.

Best bow legacies are what I saw in another thread.

Upshot damage
    Quick Shot Crit Chance/Crit Magnitude
    Induction Bow Damage
    Heartseeker Damage
    Hunter Damage over Time

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    i replaced it with the upshot legacy

But anyone have any suggestions on what i should replace the barrage dmg legacy with on my melee?
    For main-hand legacies, this seems like the best current arrangement.

Precision Stance Critical Magnitude
    Press Onward Cooldown/Heal
    Merciful Shot Cooldown/Critical Multiplier
    Rain of Arrows
    Vitality
    Agility
    Fate

You rock, thank you!!