We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

For Scenario about Wildermore

Now that you are making landscape changes in Eriandor i believe that is a good opportunity to have a look at the region of Wildermore. I understand that before Wildermore released those cliffs had the meaning of boarders on undeveloped area but when the Update 11 - Treachery of the White Hand was released the cliff boarders did not changed. Rohan is suppose to be a huge open area and having that kind of cliff wall area make it look weird. I believe that if middle earth had such a fortified area surrounded by cliffs then kingdoms would definitely made walls in the small opens to secure the farmlands and the lake of Wildermore. People of Wildermore would definitely stay in siege for ages there. Also Cliving could easily lost from a siege because catapults and ladders could come from above the cliffs.

Conclusion, as you can see in the image with the red mark i believe that all the south cliff walls should be removed from the game and replaced by open hills where we can run freely in our war steeds. You can keep the altitude by using smoother elevation to connect the area with east Rohan and waves of Fangorn (will make Fangorn look even bigger and continius). Also Open the road between wildermore and Great river. The cliffs in the North can still boarder great river and Wiildermore since river erodes the landscape and does make sense.

Small things to mention.

1) The small cliffs that include the drake cave between east Rohan and wildermore can remain
    2) The cliffs that boards Cliving can still remain in game although i believe that Cliving should be fortified with walls instead.
    3) The altitude should remain so we can keep the nice view of Rohan.

The actual connection between Rohan and Wildermore should be open free walking space.Questing from west Rohan the cliffs looks like the wall of game of thrones in the distance xD.

P.S : I know that the game need other things to Fix first.
    Last edited by Aleziana; Jul 04 2019 at 03:53 AM.
    REMOVE Rohan Kingstead Homestead from the open world map it ruins the immersion and a shame for the ART.

Also this does not add more landscape in game. Also sorry for my English!!!
    REMOVE Rohan Kingstead Homestead from the open world map it ruins the immersion and a shame for the ART.

Absolutely true, and there are MANY such places I'd like to see fixed. The landscape team seems to dedicate nearly 100% of their time to new development, however. It would be great to have a 'B' team, maybe even one guy, who focuses on this type of work. I realize that's not in the budget, but life, uh...finds a way.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Fell deeds awake; fire and slaughter!
    LOTROcalypse: a blog about LOTRO's features and systems. http://lotrocalypse.blogspot.com/

Thumbs up

/signed. Wildermore has always stuck out like a sore thumb to me. I approve of this.
    Arynbjorn, Caleric, Hyjack, Ilcano, Iyce, Neurosys || Brandywine

Lotro 2019 QoL Wishlist: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    My Blog: http://psynexus.blogspot.com/

Scenario is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    This is actually something the World team discussed recently in preparation for the eventual availability of Wildermore on the Legendary Servers.

In general, we are using the Legendary Server updates as opportunities to look back at older regions and give them some attention. Mirkwood had some light touch done on it world-wise, Enedwaith received a fairly significant terrain texture overhaul, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    This is actually something the World team discussed recently in preparation for the eventual availability of Wildermore on the Legendary Servers.

In general, we are using the Legendary Server updates as opportunities to look back at older regions and give them some attention. Mirkwood had some light touch done on it world-wise, Enedwaith received a fairly significant terrain texture overhaul, for example.
    Thank you.

One additional thought. It would probably be a major change, but is it possible to take all the Fanghorn areas from different maps and give them their own overview map? After several updates and additions, the forest is often connected now, but it seems disjointed because the maps cut up the forest. Having a one overview map of the forest area that lets you click into each section would be great.

Can you guys please blend the cliffs and the rocks better?
    The rocks and cliffs still look horribly done.

Also, there are some pathways that need to be fixed and/or shown on the mini map.
    *cough* Eryn Lasgalen *cough*

wildermore area is on the shouthern east slopes of the Misty Mountains
    so its ok to me to think that some rohirim advanced to live in that area that its basically a plateau........
    what seams weird to me its that it looks like we r at the forochel so many miles away in the north!
    ofc its the epic story of the ice giant but its more than enough icy being closer to the south and not too much higher than cliving n the rest of rohan......
    maybe wildermore its the perfect area for the rohirimm neighborhoods tho i vote for a valey or plateau in the white mountains
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarpPro View Post
    One additional thought. It would probably be a major change, but is it possible to take all the Fanghorn areas from different maps and give them their own overview map? After several updates and additions, the forest is often connected now, but it seems disjointed because the maps cut up the forest. Having a one overview map of the forest area that lets you click into each section would be great.
    This.

I've played through Great River and Rohan a few times and still have no idea which Fangorn is which and where they connect.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

I'd like to add one more request, though I suspect it wouldn't happen, nothing ventured, nothing gained:

Please consider expanding Great River and Wildermore westward, even if its just open landscape without any quests. Why? Because its just weird, now that we have Vales of the Anduin, that we can follow the Misty Mountains continuously on the western side from Trollshaws down through Eregion, Enedwaith, and Dunland, while on the Rhovanion side, we've got plenty of Misties from Carrock down through Lothlorien........ but then its cut-off, and geographically, you have to go all the way to the Anduin itself to move around that empty triangle of un-used landscape between Lothlorien, Great River, and Wildermore.

You can barely see the Misties from the highest point in Balewood. Please consider some way of allowing players to approach Fangorn Forest directly from the north along the Misties. I just don't see the logic of why that potential landscape area was kept undeveloped. Is it for a Lothlorien housing area we don't know about or something (if so, then that is preferable!)? I just... dislike seeing parts of landscape that could have been completely viable kept closed. Same goes for the Gladden Lake- even if its for an instance (no reason in the world why a game-world copy couldn't let players explore in-landscape). Same goes for eastern Enedwaith and the areas north of Nar's Peak (unless that's changed already- the inaccessible areas east of Fordirith and Windfells).

I think it has to do with.......... natural versus game logic. Yes, in the natural world, there are inaccessible cliffs and such. My issue is that the way the game does some of its borders makes things feel very cookie-cutter........... its one thing if its a natural barrier- like the Misties, or Evendim's ranges of tall hills......... its when I can see the mountains but can't approach them that I go "Awwwwwwwww............." I guess I'm spoiled by the White Mountains in Gondor and how wonderful it is to circumnavigate them
    Landroval player; I am Phantion on the forums only and do not have a corresponding character in-game with that name on any server. Cheers! :)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarpPro View Post
    Thank you.

I would seriously love this.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Wow i almost forgotted that i had posted this. I m glad it got attention even 1 year later. Better late than never .

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    This.

I've played through Great River and Rohan a few times and still have no idea which Fangorn is which and where they connect.
    why mate ? this isnt so hard........
    if Balewood is the eastern part of Fangorn it starts from NW Wildemore to NE of Isenguard
    but, if you zoom in this map, https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Middle-earth , you ll see Fangorn north of Rohan n east of Isengaurd
    n there is no place in the area that someone may call Wildemore! Tho they have placed it in an area that never should look that icy!!!!!!
    now you may enter Fangorn from many areas
    from east to west its Wildemore (ok only if we accept that Balewood is part of Fangorn),
    from Entwash Vale, where there are the eaves of Fangorn, and Broadacres, NE of Torsbury,
    from Westfold where there is a path leads north into the main Fangorn area through Gapholt, its the area with the Entcave
    from west of Isenguard there is a swift horse that can take you to Fangorn or you may ride through a path
    the eastern area is called eaves of Fangorn n its where the 2 hobbits manage to escape from the orcs,
    and the westrn part that is called Entwood, both areas are connected into a bigger
    If you open the rovanion map n press the ''+" over Fangorn you may see all the paths n the connections
    have fun!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

This attention affect older regions on other servers too, or just exclusive for Legendary servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    This attention affect older regions on other servers too, or just exclusive for Legendary servers?
    Any landscape polish changes we make in preparation for the launch of a new segment of the Legendary Server will also be available on the standard servers.

Slightly off topic, but thanks for explaining that the Legendary servers are an excuse for landscape redesigns. I was wondering when would be the day Gondor would get a revamp; now, there's a timetable for that.

Yes, I've got suggestions for it, but I think I'm going to wait until the bridge is about to be crossed before saying anything about it. Good luck with whatever location revamps you have planned.

Just to clarify - a Legendary Server update is an opportunity for us to revisit older regions, particularly if we don't feel their look and feel is in line with our more modern standards. Newer regions need less work - and redesign efforts can range anywhere between just changing terrain textures to redoing the terrain sculpting and asset placement.

Just to clarify - a Legendary Server update is an opportunity for us to revisit older regions, particularly if we don't feel their look and feel is in line with our more modern standards. Newer regions need less work - and redesign efforts can range anywhere between just changing terrain textures to redoing the terrain sculpting and asset placement.
    So it wasn't my imagination when i was in Mirkwood on my home server, and it looked a wee bit... fresher.

Still smelled of spider poo though.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Just a day before 85 era release on Legendary server that include wildermore area. I m eager to see for once if devs answer to my suggestion!!!! The first think i ll check after Wednesday's update
    *praying *

There were no major revisions to the terrain heightmap for Rohan beyond terrain texture polish, cliff polish, scenefile adjustments and some road clean up. Overall, we were pretty happy with how it looked and we did not have the bandwidth for more ambitious revisions due to other bigger deliverables in progress.

There were no major revisions to the terrain heightmap for Rohan beyond terrain texture polish, cliff polish, scenefile adjustments and some road clean up. Overall, we were pretty happy with how it looked and we did not have the bandwidth for more ambitious revisions due to other bigger deliverables in progress.
    It's ok, */pats Scenario* you can never disappoint! and we know you're working real hard on our new housing

Lightbulb

Oh I'm hoping that the cliffs around The Argonath has been getting a major polish. They kind of looked like some wall paper You consider for Your home that looks great up in a catalogue when You see a small piece of it but then when You put it on Your wall from a distance on largerer wall section You see a repeating pattern making it look not so great. The cliffs they look anything but "natural". Also the statues does npot blend into the cliffs at all.

Look at the cliffs that follows the river to the left on this image (below) and see the repeating pattern along the shoreline. It just repeates itself until it finally goes blurry low rez.

They in some places almost look like a stretched skin, or as if someone used the "smudge" tool in photoshop on the cliffs to the left (image below), or something like that. Almost as if the rocks have melted and are slowly floating down into the river.

The place looks great in various sunsets and such, but in full daylight the cliffs does not look great. Quite a few weird very sharp edges on the tops of the cliffs too. The Argonath looks awesome so it's kind of a shame that the cliffs around ruins the immersion.

These cliffs textures and design does not match the high quality design of The Argonath.

No to mention that no matter how You try to locate Yourself for a screenshot some section will be blurry and too far to render high rez textures. You can get some section to be high rez texture but then another part goes into low rez.

Here the cliffs just beside The Argonath is blurry low rez, while foreground is not (image below).

Then You move closer and the rock beside the Argonath is high rez, but then the cliffs behind it is low rez texture (image below).

Making it look like two different rock types. A pain in the b*tt when wanting to take some nice screenshot there or film it.

After all it's such and iconic place in middle-earth.

Say what you will about the movies. Like them or hate them, but they did make the cliffs around blend into and match The Argonath.

However I acctually think Your design of The Argonath statues looks better. *thumbs up*
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Feb 12 2020 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Fixed some sloppy typos as usual.

I get that Rohan generally needs less attention than most other areas as it is newer - however, the offending area (the bridge from the Wailing Hills to Wildermore) really should have been attended to - in the interests of greater inter connectivity between zones and getting rid of arbitrary walls, this one should be a relatively easy win.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Lightbulb

Oh well. I managed to take a few screenshots around The Argonath. Not too many as it was night and then barely became daylight before servers went down. Just in case there has been some work done on the "cliffs" surrounding The Argonath. Maybe some frills and bushes or even more trees to cover up some of the "bad" parts ??? I took the screenshots so that I can make before and after screenshots if changes/improvements were made. Let's hope so.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Feb 12 2020 at 08:40 AM.

It would be cool if there was a "Still frame mode" that you could activate in the Options Panel that would:

1. Render everything in highest-quality for as far as the eye can see
    2. Prevent you from moving your character or turning the camera until you disable the option.

This would allow people to get superb screenshots (or short videos with emotes, playing music, etc.) without affecting the performance of the normal game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast